BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Predictions Class AAA Semifinals: Corbin at Central (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229252)

Coach Booth 11-18-2017 12:43 PM

Class AAA Semifinals: Corbin at Central
 
Thoughts?

MountainBall44 11-18-2017 12:51 PM

Louisville Central by two touchdowns

smoke1015 11-18-2017 12:59 PM

Central 41
Corbin 14

hchs fan 11-18-2017 01:01 PM

Corbin 16-14

Corbin 11-18-2017 01:16 PM

Corbin 27
Central 20

Hound05 11-18-2017 01:21 PM

Corbin 32
Central 28

Jack Lambert 11-18-2017 01:21 PM

I think Corbin has a good chance to win this game, I know Central's win last night was impressive but I think all the talent that Belfry lost last season finally caught up with them.

AngryMob 11-18-2017 01:29 PM

central was juiced for that gmae last night and truth be told probably practiced for it for 3 weeks.. with that said i think itll be much closer next week

64SUR 11-18-2017 01:32 PM

I have know doubt this is Corbin year, The Hunt For 6 is real :salute:

Corbin 28
Central 21

bcpc 11-18-2017 01:33 PM

Gonna be a tuff game..... Itíll be close too.. Iíll jus say this, Corbin will compete and win. They have played against the speed and quickness in weeks 2-5 of this season. They beat Central last season.. Central is absolutely no better or faster than what we have already seen and beaten. Remember, Haddix has played Central a time or 4 as well... There will be no surprises here. The Hounds know who they are playing, they have done it before, pretty recently and won. The Hounds are Hunting! Praying for a injury free game! Should be a premier matchup in the Big City.

mysonis55 11-18-2017 01:52 PM

If Corbin can find a way to make it ugly and low scoring, they have a chance. It's either gonna be one of these two scenarios:

Corbin 10
Central 40

Or

Corbin 17
Central 10

I'm leaning towards the second one due to recent experience.

Bossdaddy 4115 11-18-2017 02:14 PM

Any team playing this Friday are here for a reason, canít look past anyone from here on. I do believe in Haddix, Mills, And staff. I do know these kids from Corbin well, I have coached them and coached against them as youth. Those kids with this staff the sky is the limit and I would take them to war against about any others. This game will be a dog fight and neither team should score over thirty, we just canít turn the ball over and get a couple more stops than them and Corbin wins. I will watch more film on them this week but that score against belfry doesnít dictate anything about that game. Belfry had to many turnovers, and there defense seemed a little more on the reactive side than responsive I think thatís the word I am looking for. I guys what I am saying they played from there heels instead of balls of feet, didnít look comfortable. I like it when our defense pins there ears back and flies to ball, that has been there strong suit since won state back as middle school kids. I believe Corbin matches up better as do some others. Just hope health and good football for everyone on. Itís special to get here, but I want to taste the wine on the other side cause I bet that **** is so dang sweet, and I am thirsty. GO HOUNDS

pjdoug 11-18-2017 02:18 PM

Redhounds 28-21

Hound05 11-18-2017 02:32 PM

Iím with bossdaddy. I donít know if corbin is better or worse than belfry. Weíll never know. But I DO know they matchup better with central than belfry does.

GoGators 11-18-2017 02:37 PM

Where's this game being played??

64SUR 11-18-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGators (Post 2103759)
Where's this game being played??

Louisville :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Oldtiger 11-18-2017 02:49 PM

My Earlier Prediction
of
Corbin over Powell
Central over Belfry
Corbin Over Central
Boyle over Corbin by 1 for the title....

prediction is 100% intact so far and I'm sticking with it.

But Question?

Has Corbin been focused on the "Eventual" matchup with Belfry, and now with the Pirates gone, could it be a potential problem for these kids to stay focused on the prize. I guess the same could be said about Central...

COACHITALL 11-18-2017 02:59 PM

Central 47-14
Central is too big and fast and home field advantage will play a huge factor. Central will be the 2017 Champions

Hound05 11-18-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtiger (Post 2103770)
My Earlier Prediction
of
Corbin over Powell
Central over Belfry
Corbin Over Central
Boyle over Corbin by 1 for the title....

prediction is 100% intact so far and I'm sticking with it.

But Question?

Has Corbin been focused on the "Eventual" matchup with Belfry, and now with the Pirates gone, could it be a potential problem for these kids to stay focused on the prize. I guess the same could be said about Central...

I donít think focus will be a problem because theyíre not belfry. The red Bunch will be ready

Granny Bear 11-18-2017 03:07 PM

I'm gonna have to find some film on Central. I haven't seen them play one play this year. I KNOW Corbin is strong, but I don't know if Central can capitalize on the Redhounds weaker areas.

I hope Corbin wins this game. It's going to be difficult, but I believe they can do it!!

pjdoug 11-18-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COACHITALL (Post 2103775)
Central 47-14
Central is too big and fast and home field advantage will play a huge factor. Central will be the 2017 Champions

No they wont.

Rip/Spin 11-18-2017 04:14 PM

Central 36
Corbin 21

COACHITALL 11-18-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjdoug (Post 2103788)
No they wont.

Trust me this game will be over faster than they fry your fish sandwich! Corbin fans save your gas

COACHITALL 11-18-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 (Post 2103746)
Any team playing this Friday are here for a reason, canít look past anyone from here on. I do believe in Haddix, Mills, And staff. I do know these kids from Corbin well, I have coached them and coached against them as youth. Those kids with this staff the sky is the limit and I would take them to war against about any others. This game will be a dog fight and neither team should score over thirty, we just canít turn the ball over and get a couple more stops than them and Corbin wins. I will watch more film on them this week but that score against belfry doesnít dictate anything about that game. Belfry had to many turnovers, and there defense seemed a little more on the reactive side than responsive I think thatís the word I am looking for. I guys what I am saying they played from there heels instead of balls of feet, didnít look comfortable. I like it when our defense pins there ears back and flies to ball, that has been there strong suit since won state back as middle school kids. I believe Corbin matches up better as do some others. Just hope health and good football for everyone on. Itís special to get here, but I want to taste the wine on the other side cause I bet that **** is so dang sweet, and I am thirsty. GO HOUNDS

Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol
Enjoy the fish sammich with your beatdown

Bossdaddy 4115 11-18-2017 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COACHITALL (Post 2103805)
Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol
Enjoy the fish sammich with your beatdown

I Personally will not be taken a beat down and i donít feel my hounds will either.
Now you may have something about playoff run,but we didnít design the khsaa playoff system. But that first five games was rough enough to have us prepared for about anyone. You can talk all the crap you want but Friday we will see. I didnít disrespect your team or say anything out of the way but there is a prick in every crowd. Canít talk football so has to talk out there a$$. But hey I would get my shots in on here also cause we will get ours Friday.

smoke1015 11-18-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Bear (Post 2103779)
I'm gonna have to find some film on Central. I haven't seen them play one play this year. I KNOW Corbin is strong, but I don't know if Central can capitalize on the Redhounds weaker areas.

I hope Corbin wins this game. It's going to be difficult, but I believe they can do it!!

Having saw both, played one, and comparing...

Offense:

O-line play rushing - Central
O-line play pass protect - Central
Size - Central

QB play passing - Central
QB play running - Tie
QB play running an offense - Corbin

RB play speed - tie...(maybe)
RB play YAC - Central
RB play vision and instincts - Central

WR catching/route running - Central
WR blocking - Central
Screen game - Corbin

Defense:

Defensive line play - Central (by a mile)
OLB play - Central
ILB play - Corbin
Secondary - Corbin (Hard to say, Belfry passes so little, I'll go with Corbin though)

Special teams - Corbin

Kicker - Corbin by a mile

Jack Lambert 11-18-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COACHITALL (Post 2103775)
Central 47-14
Central is too big and fast and home field advantage will play a huge factor. Central will be the 2017 Champions

I'll agree that Central is fast but they're never big they'll have average size for a high school team.

Death_Valley 11-18-2017 06:20 PM

The only way Corbin has a chance in this game is control the clock keep it away from Central.. They are a lot faster in person than film show them. And Corbin running backs donít compare to the speed of Centrals.. with that said Iím pulling for a mountain team but Central is just to much for Corbin.. Central wins this 48-16

64SUR 11-18-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COACHITALL (Post 2103805)
Corbin had a really tough playoff bracket lol
Enjoy the fish sammich with your beatdown

Corbin is playing next week COACHMAD you guys got lucky you're not playing Corbin.........On a personal note I liked belfry football ......So don't act mad :Cheerlead

The Ole Man 11-18-2017 07:04 PM

I'll have to consider making the trip and watching what should be a good game. Central by a touchdown.


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.