BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting & Fishing (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Deer Season (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147503)

Downtown10 11-13-2012 09:03 AM

Deer Season
 
Let's hear what every bodies got so far...

bball dad 11-13-2012 01:49 PM

Nothing to brag about but I got a six point. Meat in the freezer

Downtown10 11-13-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bball dad (Post 1541202)
Nothing to brag about but I got a six point. Meat in the freezer

That's the main thing. I haven't got that yet.

Strikeout King 11-14-2012 01:45 PM

1 of my friends got 2 does, gave one away.
Another friend got a doe
My cousin got a buck, 9 Pointer
My uncle's step-grandson (13/14 years old) got a huge buck
One of Estill's football coaches got a big 10 pointer

And today me and one of my friends went deer scouting, saw all kinds of scraps and fresh rubs and we sat down to take a load off because we had been walking forever and heard and seen a big 10 point buck run down the hill about 50-60 yards away from us

Downtown10 11-14-2012 03:52 PM

Sounds like some good scouting...

theVILLE 11-18-2012 01:27 AM

Well i got a really nice 9 point last sunday that scored 140 1/4" at the taxidermist. Ofcpurse after it sits it will be a little less though. My brother got an 8 point with massive brow tines and my uncle got a 8 point yesterday! Its been a good dee season here in knott county

vundy33 11-18-2012 06:58 AM

I scouted for two months before this season when I could...deer on our property, pretty big, are tough to find these days because of poachers. Just a few "decent "bucks around, but one nice, a giant 8 point. Took a week I passed on a a 6 point and a few smaller ones, but I go him. Now the 6 point and others can take his place and make big buck babies in my property, haha, that's why I try to only go after older, bigger bucks.

Got him with my M110 (don't know what the civilian designation is :/), from KAC that I bought a a while back. It's .308 and semi..pretty much just a long range version of your standard AR ya know.

Anyone have a decent R700 for sale? Or any in Remongton's 700 line, like the 770?

Downtown10 11-18-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theVILLE (Post 1544877)
Well i got a really nice 9 point last sunday that scored 140 1/4" at the taxidermist. Ofcpurse after it sits it will be a little less though. My brother got an 8 point with massive brow tines and my uncle got a 8 point yesterday! Its been a good dee season here in knott county

Yellow Mountain?

Spirit100 11-18-2012 12:13 PM

Lot of peace of mind after two mornings in the Grant County woods. Going back out tomorrow morning.

Saw some deer **** on Thursday around noon. I've hunted for 15+ years and have never witnessed what I saw. This was a monster in the 170-180 range with his mate. Unfortunately about 3/4 of a mile away. He had a 140 class buddy with him.

And yes I would have taken a shot if available.....once he finished ;)! Happy hunting and hope all of you have venison in freezer by seasons end.

theVILLE 11-20-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downtown10 (Post 1545174)
Yellow Mountain?

Nope

Downtown10 11-20-2012 08:34 AM

^ just wondering hurd somebody got a nice one up there.

vundy33 11-20-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit100 (Post 1545323)
Lot of peace of mind after two mornings in the Grant County woods. Going back out tomorrow morning.

Saw some deer **** on Thursday around noon. I've hunted for 15+ years and have never witnessed what I saw. This was a monster in the 170-180 range with his mate. Unfortunately about 3/4 of a mile away. He had a 140 class buddy with him.

And yes I would have taken a shot if available.....once he finished ;)! Happy hunting and hope all of you have venison in freezer by seasons end.

I lol'd hard...

Strikeout King 11-21-2012 05:42 PM

Went hunting yesterday morning and last night and only saw a doe last night.

Spirit100 11-22-2012 03:16 AM

The warm weather this week has slowed things way down. Unless pushed they simply aren't moving. Temps are supposed to drop for Saturday and Sunday which will be a game changer.

Squirrels have been off the hook where I'm at so I'll be taking a shotgun in the woods tomorrow as well. Happy hunting to all of you and Happy Thanksgiving!

4_real 11-23-2012 01:52 PM

got an 11 point in johnson county

Tailback44 12-03-2012 04:48 PM

I aint fool with this year but I got a nice 10 point last year in Krypton, Ky

Tailback44 12-03-2012 04:49 PM

I will post a pic If I get one up loaded

Spirit100 12-09-2012 05:22 AM

Warm & wet start to muzzleloader...Tues & Wed look good temp wise!

MiddlesboroAlumni 12-09-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit100 (Post 1558737)
Warm & wet start to muzzleloader...Tues & Wed look good temp wise!

Next weekend should be better temperature wise. Food sources will be the key.

RunItUpTheGut 12-18-2012 10:28 PM

Just curious if you all buy liscenses if you hunt on your own land?
Ive never understood the point in it personally.
When we hunt here, we dress the deer ourselves, and we never hunt off our property.
Ill quit before i give 50 bucks for tags that i may or may not use.

WideRight05 12-20-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4_real (Post 1548590)
got an 11 point in johnson county

That's awesome man! What did you catch on your other account?

FIRST 12-24-2012 09:39 AM

Got a doe early in October, missed a pretty nice buck with my bow in mid Nov. I still would like to hunt a few more times. Any late season bow hunting tips, other than staying warm.


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.