BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Scores North Laurel 29 Whitley County 14 (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226436)

Granny Bear 09-29-2017 10:29 PM

North Laurel 29 Whitley County 14

Final

64SUR 09-29-2017 10:30 PM

Nice win North Laurel :Cheerlead

CoachNM0523 09-29-2017 10:33 PM

Pretty surprised by this one. Harlan County controls their own destiny!

OldJacket 09-29-2017 11:14 PM

Congrats to North Laurel, this Whitley team is bipolar...

zaga_fan 09-29-2017 11:16 PM

Well...
Perry and Harlan County now lead the district.

pjdoug 09-29-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJacket (Post 2085167)
Congrats to North Laurel, this Whitley team is bipolar...

for sure.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 12:25 AM

Bipolar is a nicer term than one should use here.
No reason for a team loaded with upperclassmen to come into this game as unprepared as they were.
Sadly it's become a habit.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 12:27 AM

So if whitley beats Harlan county and forces a 3 way tie for district who wins the tie breaker?
I'm too tired to look it up at this point. It's non district wins that count. I assume Whitleys 3 non district wins will be bell, Leslie, and hazard if they beat hazard. East jessamine if not. Those teams should finish with a combined 12 or 13 wins, close to 18 if they are able to get by hazard

HCS 09-30-2017 12:34 AM

Harlan County would probably be in trouble in a three-way tie with only one non-district win. A tough schedule can hurt in situations like this.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCS (Post 2085232)
Harlan County would probably be in trouble in a three-way tie with only one non-district win. A tough schedule can hurt in situations like this.

The best possible thing to do scheduling wise is to put one or trwo teams on there you know you'll beat but that you know will win 7 or 8 games like a perry central if they weren't in this district

Bossdaddy 4115 09-30-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut (Post 2085234)
The best possible thing to do scheduling wise is to put one or trwo teams on there you know you'll beat but that you know will win 7 or 8 games like a perry central if they weren't in this district

Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you canít compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you canít replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesnít matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but itís gone. I donít see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,youíll Gave it all, but I think they wasnít prepared to stop north and this may be there season

HCS 09-30-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut (Post 2085234)

Very true, but it's not easy to find teams like that.

bcpc 09-30-2017 01:59 AM

Wow.... surprised by this score.

F.N.L. 09-30-2017 02:12 AM

Statement win for North.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 (Post 2085248)
Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you can’t compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you can’t replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesn’t matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but it’s gone. I don’t see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,you’ll Gave it all, but I think they wasn’t prepared to stop north and this may be there season

I too believe you need to schedule good teams, but in terms of strategy, this district the last few years has been a 3 team race. If you have a 3 way tiebreaker, it's good to have those wins over a Leslie county per say that will win 7 games. Every point helps in the tiebreaker.

I did some quick math and the tiebreaker looks like this...

As of today...

Harlan County

Ashland - 6
No other non district wins. There only hope to pick up more points is to beat Bell which would probably result in about 5 more points but cancels out since Whitley also beat Bell.

North Laurel

South Laurel - 3 wins. (I only see one more win on their schedule of they can be at Harlan)
Prestonsburg - 3 wins. (I can see maybe 3 to 4 more wins. Good tie breaker game for north.)
East Jessamine - 3 wins. (Maybe one more win but would cancel out with Whitley as a common opponent)
Grant County - 0 wins. Would not count.
That Somerset game would have been a huge pick up for North.

Whitley County

Leslie County- 3 wins (possibly 5 wins)
East Jessamine - 3 wins ( maybe one more but is a common opponent win with North so it wouldn't help)
Bell County - 5 wins (possibly 7 wins. If they beat harlan county that would be huge)
If they beat Hazard that could win district for Whitley. So in other words the last week Whitley could be playing hazard for a district title and hazard may rest up since they'll have there district locked up. That would be about 7 wins.

So this is the likely scenario if Whitley beats Harlan County...

Whitley County - Around 13 points, closer to 16 if they knock off Hazard.

North Laurel - Around 12 points. Only non district game left is Clay and that won't help them replace one of their others

Harlan County - Around 7 points, could be 12 or 13 with a win over Bell.

If Whitley beats Harlan County in a couple of weeks, Whitley will be the one seed.
The two see will depend on whether or not Harlan County beats Bell in the final week of the year.

If Harlan County beats Whitley, they lock up the one seed and it'll be 1. Harlan County, 2. North Laurel, 3. Whitley County

Westside 09-30-2017 05:57 AM

I thought for sure Whitley would one this one. But and Doug ie and brainwashed me with this Whitley County team.

Van Hagar 09-30-2017 05:58 AM

Sure not gonna get on here and crow, picked against my own team in this one. Tip of the hat to Larkey and his staff for having Jags ready after two straight tough losses. And I know what we are assuming here with future district games, so no one thinks 6-0 Perry Central could pull just one upset and shake things up?

KingCommodore 09-30-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van Hagar (Post 2085312)
Sure not gonna get on here and crow, picked against my own team in this one. Tip of the hat to Larkey and his staff for having Jags ready after two straight tough losses. And I know what we are assuming here with future district games, so no one thinks 6-0 Perry Central could pull just one upset and shake things up?

a 3-3 Whitley County could lose to Perry Central. You see it here. Their own fans are calling them bi polar. If the bad bad team shows up then whats gonna happen. After this loss you know how kids heads can get. Perry playing with confidence. Go Dores!

Sgt Quick Strike 09-30-2017 08:30 AM

Gut you may be trying to troll with the Perry thing but don't count your chickens before they hatch or you may end up hungry

E's Army 09-30-2017 08:37 AM

Congrats to North.

insideinfo 09-30-2017 08:41 AM

This looks like It may come down to the last game before we know who the district champions are.

pjdoug 09-30-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossdaddy 4115 (Post 2085248)
Gut me and you have, I feel gotten closer in terms but your wrong in this one. You gotta play the best in order to get better, if not what good becomes of making it to tournament if you canít compete. All I am saying is better competition makes your team better. What hurts Whitley is you canít replace a Wilson at qb, he is good after this season it doesnít matter who you schedule your back to one dimensional with the run. I am sorry, I picked Whitley in this one by two scores but they dropped the ball. They was in drivers seat and went to sleep at the wheel. Best of luck ole buddy but the next few years are going to be rough I was pulling for big D Wilson in this season but itís gone. I donít see them having multiple options like they had this year and that makes it rough. Hats off to the Whitley county players I know,youíll Gave it all, but I think they wasnít prepared to stop north and this may be there season

Why can't they replace Wilson? He is a very good quarterback, but the coaches should have been developing other talented quarterbacks to fill the position over the years. When the program is built that is what the best teams do. They don't just hope to get lucky and find a good player here and there.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Quick Strike (Post 2085341)
Gut you may be trying to troll with the Perry thing but don't count your chickens before they hatch or you may end up hungry

There are 3 things in life I am now certain of.

Death
Taxes
And a win over Perry Central.

90 percent of teams in this state would be undefeated with that schedule.

smoke1015 09-30-2017 09:23 AM

Surprised about this one, like most. Whitley seems very inconsistent. Don't know how you can play Corbin close and then lose some of these games. Or maybe North just really put it all together for a game. I didn't see it so don't want to belittle them either.

RunItUpTheGut 09-30-2017 09:24 AM

Curious why Whitley decided to go pass happy early against North. They had all but turned into a running tream the past few weeks.
Keep going with what's working

pjdoug 09-30-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westside (Post 2085311)
I thought for sure Whitley would one this one. But and Doug ie and brainwashed me with this Whitley County team.

Whitley got outplayed ,but certainly didn't play to their potential. it got boring, and seemed as they weren't even trying to play.

pjdoug 09-30-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van Hagar (Post 2085312)

nobody expects it, but it certainly possible :)

pjdoug 09-30-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut (Post 2085399)
There are 3 things in life I am now certain of.

Death
Taxes
And a win over Perry Central.

90 percent of teams in this state would be undefeated with that schedule.

:snicker:

hoghead 09-30-2017 09:39 AM

You know October 20th could be for the district title. Perry and Harlan!

jaguartothebone 09-30-2017 09:43 AM

Congrats to the Jaguars on the win, it was a Nice homecoming Victory for Coach Black!