BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rankings 2017 Oct 2 Class A Media Poll (http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226613)

Westside 10-02-2017 03:41 PM

2017 Oct 2 Class A Media Poll
 
1. Paintsville. 5-1

160


2. Beechwood 4-2

141


3. Hazard. 4-1

135


4. Kentucky Country Day. 5-1

121


5. Ludlow. 6-0

110


6. Russellville 5-2

65


7. Raceland 4-3

64


8. Paris 5-1

53


9. Louisville Holy Cross. 3-3

24


10. Pikeville 1-4

20


Others receiving votes: Williamsburg 14, Bracken County 12, Frankfort 7, Lynn Camp 5, Harlan 3, Bellevue 1.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...176609986.html

Jarons 10-02-2017 05:12 PM

Is class A so bad that a 1-4 team is in the top 10?

E's Army 10-02-2017 05:14 PM

Losses to Belfry, Hazard, Paintsville. They belong.

Jarons 10-02-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E's Army (Post 2086204)
Losses to Belfry, Hazard, Paintsville. They belong.

Not so sure. Just looking at the scores, the only loss that was not a blowout was Hazard. They don't belong IMO.

Patriot1 10-02-2017 05:38 PM

I am pretty sure the most of these top 10 teams had played Belfry and LCA they could have a couple of loses

PHSForever 10-02-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarons (Post 2086212)
Not so sure. Just looking at the scores, the only loss that was not a blowout was Hazard. They don't belong IMO.

Misleading. Losses to LCA was competitive until into 3rd qtr, Paintsville was very competitive, they left their starters in to score another TD with like two minutes left and that makes it look worse. Belfry game was only non competitive game, and Hazard game was very close. 38-26 is not a blowout. It was tied at halftime as well. Apparently your definition of blowout and others are dramatically different. Instead of going by the score only, maybe you should ask people who were actually there, or watch some film.

PHSForever 10-02-2017 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot1 (Post 2086221)
I am pretty sure the most of these top 10 teams had played Belfry and LCA they could have a couple of loses

Don't bother arguing with Jarons. Raceland fan who doesn't even live here in Ky anymore. Not worth the effort. Lol

Patriot1 10-02-2017 08:34 PM

ThanksPHSforever I like to talk football but I won't argue with anyone may disagree but will respect other people's opinions

jetpilot 10-02-2017 09:45 PM

http://calpreps.com/2017/ratings/Kentucky_division.htm

MountainBall44 10-03-2017 12:56 PM

Still don't agree with Paintsville being #1. But they will have their chance to prove themselves

Scotty_Bronson 10-03-2017 06:59 PM

Somerset gives us a pretty good middle man to compare some if these teams. Now, the BW/Somerset game, was in a big mess of a rain storm if I'm not mistaken, but looking at the numbers, Raceland, Beechwood, and Hazard all played them about the same. Beechwood shut them out, but they moved the ball, Hazard gave up the most points but moved the ball. Raceland held them to the least running yards, gave up 2 broken play TDS I think Raceland is too low in the ap polls looks like everything is based on records. That being said, none of this means nething and will shaken itself in november.

Patriot1 10-03-2017 08:06 PM

I also think Beechwood is #1 until someone beats them and I also believe Raceland should be alittle higher

Thrillex 10-03-2017 08:09 PM

Who else would you put? Class A is pretty weak outside the Top 5 and I don't think that's the best.

smoke1015 10-03-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E's Army (Post 2086204)
Losses to Belfry, Hazard, Paintsville. They belong.

Dang what a schedule!

redstone1127 10-03-2017 08:29 PM

Pikeville belongs for sure.

KNIGHT 10-04-2017 09:32 AM

I like paintsville the rest of the way!!! I can imagine coach brugh is looking down with a smile....

KNIGHT 10-04-2017 09:45 AM

Win one for the legend
 
I feel like this paintsville team is a very solid team. Home field thru if they handle business. Coach Brugh would be proud of the tigers and i pray this is the year to bring the big trophy that has been a very big void for one of best 1a teams to not win it..

Motley 10-04-2017 11:24 AM

Pikeville has 1 win over a winless team and 4 losses by 27 per game. Don't care who you've played. They don't belong in the top 10.

Thrillex 10-04-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley (Post 2086661)
Pikeville has 1 win over a winless team and 4 losses by 27 per game. Don't care who you've played. They don't belong in the top 10.

Then who do you put? Teams like Paris, Bracken, Frankfort have weak schedules and weak victories. Holy Cross Louisville beat Paris but are ranked below them, because they play a tougher schedule and it might account for more losses.

jetpilot 10-04-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley (Post 2086661)
Pikeville has 1 win over a winless team and 4 losses by 27 per game. Don't care who you've played. They don't belong in the top 10.

^^^Pikeville hater who doesn't follow football. Pikeville should probably be in the 6-8 range. And rising.

PHSForever 10-04-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motley (Post 2086661)
Pikeville has 1 win over a winless team and 4 losses by 27 per game. Don't care who you've played. They don't belong in the top 10.

Losses were to Lexington Christian, a top 2A school averaging 50 points per game, a loss to 3A Belfry who is also averaging about 50 per game and are 5 times consecutive state 3A champs, loss to Paintsville, a game in which there were two blown coverage TDs and Paintsville left starters in to score another TD with like 2 mins left in game, and a close loss to last years state runners up in 1A.

Stick to basketball, Motley. What you know about football fits on head of a nail.

pjdoug 10-04-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KNIGHT (Post 2086625)
I feel like this paintsville team is a very solid team. Home field thru if they handle business. Coach Brugh would be proud of the tigers and i pray this is the year to bring the big trophy that has been a very big void for one of best 1a teams to not win it..

not gonna happen.

Patriot1 10-04-2017 09:21 PM

Paintsville has a great football team but Beechwood is the champs until they get beat could it happen if they play I think so and I would love to see that match up would be a great game

Blue_Bird96 10-06-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHSForever (Post 2086250)
Misleading. Losses to LCA was competitive until into 3rd qtr, Paintsville was very competitive, they left their starters in to score another TD with like two minutes left and that makes it look worse. Belfry game was only non competitive game, and Hazard game was very close. 38-26 is not a blowout. It was tied at halftime as well. Apparently your definition of blowout and others are dramatically different. Instead of going by the score only, maybe you should ask people who were actually there, or watch some film.

Not sure how "leaving starters in makes" a score look worse than it actually was? The score was 28-0. If you were at the game or not it looked like a 28-0 kinda football game!

jetpilot 10-06-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Bird96 (Post 2087346)
Not sure how "leaving starters in makes" a score look worse than it actually was? The score was 28-0. If you were at the game or not it looked like a 28-0 kinda football game!

Pikeville went for it in their own territory with a couple minutes left and was stopped. Paintsville leaves the starters in to punch another score in with a minute left (Tyrese no less). Bush league stuff and the cheap TD padded the score. Hope to see Paintsville again with Pikeville with Battaile and some experience.

Blue_Bird96 10-06-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpilot (Post 2087779)
Pikeville went for it in their own territory with a couple minutes left and was stopped. Paintsville leaves the starters in to punch another score in with a minute left (Tyrese no less). Bush league stuff and the cheap TD padded the score. Hope to see Paintsville again with Pikeville with Battaile and some experience.

Bush league stuff? :hilarious: Pikeville had MAYBE 3 1st downs that wasn't penalty assisted! Never seen the end zone the entire game and "it was competitive" "28-0 looks worse than it actually was"? Some of the stuff you guys come up with is next level! :worthy:

Blue_Bird96 10-06-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetpilot (Post 2087779)
Pikeville went for it in their own territory with a couple minutes left and was stopped. Paintsville leaves the starters in to punch another score in with a minute left (Tyrese no less). Bush league stuff and the cheap TD padded the score. Hope to see Paintsville again with Pikeville with Battaile and some experience.

Also, should we have taken the starters out for you?

swampdonkey 10-06-2017 11:30 PM

Pikeville fans still whining about a loss from weeks ago 🤔

jetpilot 10-06-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Bird96 (Post 2087799)
Also, should we have taken the starters out for you?

If you don't know what bush league is I am not going to explain it to you. Hope the two teams meet again. I'm done.

jetpilot 10-06-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampdonkey (Post 2087811)
Pikeville fans still whining about a loss from weeks ago 🤔

Not whining at all, hoping to see you again. :please: I really think since TB left the Paintsville fans on here are like 12 years old.:snicker:


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.