View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Statistician
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
HOFER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smoke1015 View Post
Estep, in my opinion, throws the ball better than Sizemore. He won't be the bruising runner, but dear Lord he's fast and athletic. His arm probably has 20+ more yards on it than Sizemore's. He's not quite as accurate yet, but way stronger arm. It will be a totally different offense to have to defend... I think a tougher offense to defend.

You can add a lot more option stuff, IMO, with Estep. This could open up so much more stuff. But you do have to be more careful with him, and he can't play (maybe) with such wreckless abandon. Sizemore had the body to run the ball almost 20 times a game, AS A QB (if you wanted to), he could just take it. Estep doesn't have that aspect. This is very interesting to think about though. There's a lot of possibilities. A lot to tinker with as a coaching staff. Do you lose him on the defensive side of the ball, playing him at QB??? Hmm...
He didn't play any defense this year. And yea he has a rocket arm obviously since he's already signed to play baseball at UK. But as far as I know he hasn't played any qb in a few years. I wouldn't want to throw him in there and set him up for failure. You're right about running the ball, Sizemore could take a lick with that body. I'd hate to see Chase get thrown in there and get injured considering he has a real bright future on the baseball diamond.
Send a private message to HOFER Add HOFER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote