View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phs1986 has a spectacular aura aboutphs1986 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
no its not, as defined by KHSAA. not a sport.

nobody cares about cheerleading, people come to watch the basketball and football games not to see cheers

Here's you a little something to chew on for a while... although KHSAA does not consider cheerleading a "sport" it does govern bi-laws and criteria that cheerleading has to follow. In other words, cheerleading has rules to follow just like every other "sport" KHSAA governs, yet they are not considered a sport. THIS is addition to, both boys and girls cheer and Title IX would not be a factor for debate. Cheerleading offers scholarships (rather good ones may I add), cheerleaders are generally more athletic than particpants of some other sports, and cheerleaders DO have a "dead period" like other sports governed by KHSAA. So, with that being said.... I personally feel this is a double standard aimed directly at the SPORT of cheerleading.... You have told us all your opinon, now here is some FACTS for you to ponder on!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com
Send a private message to phs1986 Add phs1986 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote