Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd's Dakota Newsome down to 3
South Floyd's Dakota Newsome has narrowed his list down to 3: Middle Tennessee St, Marshall, and UVA-Wise.

According to Brian Eldridge.

Best of luck Dakota!
Does he have scholly offers from Marshall & Middle??? Pretty impressive if so...

What are his measurables???
Best of luck on whatever decision you make Dakota.
Nice work Dakota. When is national signing day again?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:South Floyd's Dakota Newsome has narrowed his list down to 3: Middle Tennessee St, Marshall, and UVA-Wise.

According to Brian Eldridge.

Best of luck Dakota!

Uva Wise would be a great place for this young man. Seen him play a few times and I would be shocked if Marshall and MTSU has offered him. Good luck.
i head this youngman had an offer from northwestern also i wonder why there not in the running or if they pulled his offer/
What was this kid's stats this season? What's his height, weight, 40 time, max bench, max squat, max power clean?
I wish Dakota the best of luck. Pretty impressive to have some offers from D1 schools.
i watched him play a bball game against SC he didnt look like a D1 athlete to me.
What position does he play? QB?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was SF's quarterback, but he's being recruited as a receiver and/or safety.
This pretty cool.
If he is being recruited for defense, then what were his defensive stats?
Does anyone have those?
this is what he said on his facebook page

"Kentucky ?
Marshall ?
Mid Tenn State ?
UVA Wise ?
JUCO ? Lot Of Thinkin!!!"
I don't know anything about him or really didn't know that he was getting that much interest. I wish him luck. I'd like to see a Floyd County guy sign with Marshall.
This is strange?

This kid plays on a team that didnt even make the playoffs, in possibly the worst district as far as talent in KY, he also probably 5'11" and runs a 5.0 and he is being recruited by D-1 schools.

Im not calling a bluff or anything, but I dont see how this kid would even get a offer from UVA-wise. I bet in the end he just stays close to home and signs with Pikeville College or something, because theyre is noway that UK is offerring him a full ride at WR.

This reminds me of the kid out on the West Coast that claimed he was doing his own recruiting, and told everyone he had multiple D-1 offers, and commited to CAL, but the schools had never even heard of him.
im a good friend of dakota's and go to his school and played with him for 2 yrs, UK, Marshall are perfer walk-ons, Mid Tenn State is Partial and WISE and some JUCO schools have offered him, and he is 6'0 and runs a 4.57 40 so whoever you got the 5.0 from tolld you a lie. Kentucky didnt get into the mix untill late last week when coach martin came to school. And Northwestren had offered him but pulled it in the fall. Hes a heck of a athlete but was stuck on a bad team so its not his fault, hes prolly got the best hands around here, and the all the camps and combines he went to this summer is how he got noticed and he didnt get co-mvp at the score 6 acadamy with lousiville signee demarcus smith for nothing, so you put dakota on a good team and with a good line and people that could actually catch a football then you wld see how good he really is, but size kills him at the next level for QB, thats why he decidied to be a WR-ATH... so if you don't know dakota, you don't need to talk about him... i wish him the best of luck and personally hope to see him go JUCO for 2 yrs then transfer to a big school, i think it wld help him alot, but whatever decsion he makes South Floyd will be cheerin him on
Dakota is a good kid. But lets be honest! IF he was Division 1 material then why did his team finish 5th! I dont think he was a top 10 player in the district or even the best player on the team.
I hope Dakotah the best, but come on.....

He wouldnt be the best player on any competitive team in EKY. If Dakotah Newsome from South Floyd is going to UK, then Jeff Pruitt from Belfry and Tim Smith from Shelby Valley are going straight to the NFL next season. lol

IMO he ends up with no D-1 offers and goes to PC or UVA wise.
Well did he sign?
Looks like another pipe dreamer..this kid has not been heard of by UK or Marshall. I know that for a fact! I cant understand why people would put false recruiting info out on a player.
im not sure about his offers but another site shows him having 6 offers and those being eastern kentucky, middle tennessee, northwestern,purdue,ohio, and western kentucky.
He didnt sign today. from a good source hes looking to go JUCO for 2 years then go to marshall, i know butler JUCO was at school today and Louisburg JUCO was at school last week. i know for a fact he hears from Marshall all the time, plus theres a picture of him and coach peterson in our office lol, and mid tenn state had offered him but then it went to perfer walk-on and he heard from UK a couple times but hasnt heard from them since football season. but Wise contacts him all the time along with a whole bunch of NAIA schools as well and Purdue, Northwestern both pulled there offers a while back, he tld me EKU, WKU and Ohio isnt in the running. you was looking at the scout.com profile which they havent upgraded peoples profiles in forever.... IMO its JUCO which would be best for him
The Iceboxx Wrote:I hope Dakotah the best, but come on.....

He wouldnt be the best player on any competitive team in EKY. If Dakotah Newsome from South Floyd is going to UK, then Jeff Pruitt from Belfry and Tim Smith from Shelby Valley are going straight to the NFL next season. lol

Are you a UK fan? If you are , maybe you need to know this about NAIA players. UK's top dog OL recruit Miller got spanked in practice by Lindsey Wilson DL recruit Templin for the KY all stars . Templin was also 1st team all-state for OL , was Miller? Dakotah don't listen to these people on here, truth is they are likely UK fans and their recruiting class is not were it should be, so they will put down anyone they can. Its all about politics and who your coach knows,
joejoe Wrote:Are you a UK fan? If you are , maybe you need to know this about NAIA players. UK's top dog OL recruit Miller got spanked in practice by Lindsey Wilson DL recruit Templin for the KY all stars . Templin was also 1st team all-state for OL , was Miller? Dakotah don't listen to these people on here, truth is they are likely UK fans and their recruiting class is not were it should be, so they will put down anyone they can. Its all about politics and who your coach knows,
? No it's not. That's the most over used excuse in the book. College coaches could careless about the high school coach. They care about getting the best athletes they can to win. Their job is based on that. The player is a commodity and the high school coach is the conduit to get to him.

it's about if you can play at the next level. Juco is telling me he doesn't have the grades. He needs both Academic ability and athletic ability to play at the next level.
Get your grades up, take the ACT multiple times to improve your scores, and hit the books.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Looks like another pipe dreamer..this kid has not been heard of by UK or Marshall. I know that for a fact! I cant understand why people would put false recruiting info out on a player.

Believe what you will, but this kid had some legit D1 offers.
He is more than likely going Juco, his grades will determine where he will go in the end, He didnt actually care about school till he talked to Demarcus Smith in Camp over the summer and he regrets not caring much about school. He has done alot better in school this year.

He really likes UVA-Wise its really close to home so we can watch him. My advise to him was pick a school that he has a chance to play and not be on the practice squad getting your brains beat out everyday and get yourself a good education.

I know this because he is my first cousin, He does have some legit offers and is gonna wait till april to decide. he really wanted to decide on signing day but he just wasnt ready to make a desicion just yet.
I don't know the kid, but if he waits until April, it will have to be as a walk-on or go to an NAIA or JUCO. Good luck to the young man.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I hope Dakotah the best, but come on.....

Jeff Pruitt signed with the Dolphins today... no big deal, Wildcat thing.

LOL Jk...