Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets
I think that Obama has misread Sun-tzu's advice to "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Our president seems to have the part about keeping our enemies close down pat but I don't think our friends in London are feeling any love.

Is President Obama simply incompetent or is the problem here something worse? Does he do anything well other than read a teleprompter?

[INDENT]
Quote:WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets

Information about every Trident missile the US supplies to Britain will be given to Russia as part of an arms control deal signed by President Barack Obama next week.

Defence analysts claim the agreement risks undermining Britain’s policy of refusing to confirm the exact size of its nuclear arsenal.
The fact that the Americans used British nuclear secrets as a bargaining chip also sheds new light on the so-called “special relationship”, which is shown often to be a one-sided affair by US diplomatic communications obtained by the WikiLeaks website.
[/INDENT]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think that Obama has misread Sun-tzu's advice to "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Our president seems to have the part about keeping our enemies close down pat but I don't think our friends in London are feeling any love.

Is President Obama simply incompetent or is the problem here something worse? Does he do anything well other than read a teleprompter?

Obama may be following Sun-tzu's advice. After all who's to say that our friends are his friends, or our enemies are his enemies? Will we ever know?

Obama never ceases to surprise me with his leadsership.
Old School Wrote:Obama may be following Sun-tzu's advice. After all who's to say that our friends are his friends, or our enemies are his enemies? Will we ever know?

Obama never ceases to surprise me with his leadsership.
You are right, Old School, I doubt that Obama and I have any mutual friends and few mutual enemies.