Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 59th?
We all know pikeville will take it easy. But who you think they will play in the Finials? I think it will be Valley
It will be a good game between Valley and ER, but i think ER has to much skill left on the team.
Pville will notbe playing Valley in the championship.
I am just wondering why there is not much discussion about Pikeville on BGR? They have a fine team that returns as defending champions who made a rather nice run at State last year. I hear a deep rumble from some Panther faithful that the Burton kid will be the Ace on this team. My own personal feeling is that Basketball is still going and it is early.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I am just wondering why there is not much discussion about Pikeville on BGR? They have a fine team that returns as defending champions who made a rather nice run at State last year. I hear a deep rumble from some Panther faithful that the Burton kid will be the Ace on this team. My own personal feeling is that Basketball is still going and it is early.

You might want to read some of the threads on here? Just because it's not titled anything to do with Pikeville doesn't mean it's not about them. Most of the LC threads have Pikeville all thru them, actually in some case all of them do.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You might want to read some of the threads on here? Just because it's not titled anything to do with Pikeville doesn't mean it's not about them. Most of the LC threads have Pikeville all thru them, actually in some case all of them do.

Actually the Pikeville Baseball faithful are not really into starting threads about themselves obviously. I believe games are won on the field not BGR, however some of the stuff from certain LC fans makes you have to respond. They feel as though they somehow got "fluked" out of the regional title last year. I tell the Pikeville players ever time I can to not let the Dawgs out work them. Actually I have been around long enough to realize on any given day that a good pitcher can send a better team home with an L. Cant wait for it to get started this year. Good luck to all teams.
Commanche Wrote:Actually the Pikeville Baseball faithful are not really into starting threads about themselves obviously. I believe games are won on the field not BGR, however some of the stuff from certain LC fans makes you have to respond. They feel as though they somehow got "fluked" out of the regional title last year. I tell the Pikeville players ever time I can to not let the Dawgs out work them. Actually I have been around long enough to realize on any given day that a good pitcher can send a better team home with an L. Cant wait for it to get started this year. Good luck to all teams.

You are actually right, Pikeville fans have never started a negative thread on here that I can remember? Amazing how it is only a select few, but what would BGR's be without those select few?:HitWall:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You are actually right, Pikeville fans have never started a negative thread on here that I can remember? Amazing how it is only a select few, but what would BGR's be without those select few?:HitWall:

Yep agreed!!
Commanche Wrote:Actually the Pikeville Baseball faithful are not really into starting threads about themselves obviously. I believe games are won on the field not BGR, however some of the stuff from certain LC fans makes you have to respond. They feel as though they somehow got "fluked" out of the regional title last year. I tell the Pikeville players ever time I can to not let the Dawgs out work them. Actually I have been around long enough to realize on any given day that a good pitcher can send a better team home with an L. Cant wait for it to get started this year. Good luck to all teams.
I realize that it is really early,but have you formed an opinion as to where Burton will fall in the Panther rotation. Sam is a really good kid and needs some positive strokes. Good luck Sam.
Sam could very well be No. 1 in the rotation or No. 3. In my opinion Cecil is the No. 1 until somebody proves otherwise. He definitely was our 1 last year. With that said Hamilton is capable of being a 1 also. He had a great year last year as well, he just needs time and more experience. He is gonna be a stud. Burton can sling it however I only saw him twice last year, but if Walter State says he can I believe they are better to judge than me. As far as position Sam helps us tremendously in the outfield as we lost two good ones to graduation. This is my opinion but I am not the coach.
Sam I a great kid and if he can work out some mechanical issues he could be a #1, but until then he should fall in that #2, or #3 role, I think anyway.
Pikeville is a team with an incredible amount of talent. East Ridge has some work to do to contend with Valley as of right now.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I am just wondering why there is not much discussion about Pikeville on BGR? They have a fine team that returns as defending champions who made a rather nice run at State last year. I hear a deep rumble from some Panther faithful that the Burton kid will be the Ace on this team. My own personal feeling is that Basketball is still going and it is early.

Imo, your right---Basketball---early.