Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 62 Lawrence County 40
Panther Thunder Wrote:06-07 and 07-08. This year may be a little bit, but not much better than 08-09, 09-10.

I might go go along with saying that the 06/07 team was better. Even though they only finished 18-12 on the year, 4 of those losses were to SV. They had some great players with a ton of heart, and gave Valley everything they wanted in the regional title game.

But I must disagree with the 07/08 team. That group finished a disappointing 16-12 and failed to even make it out of district. So IMO, this year's team, currently 19-7, is no worse than the 2nd best of the last 10 years.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I might go go along with saying that the 06/07 team was better. Even though they only finished 18-12 on the year, 4 of those losses were to SV. They had some great players with a ton of heart, and gave Valley everything they wanted in the regional title game.

But I must disagree with the 07/08 team. That group finished a disappointing 16-12 and failed to even make it out of district. So IMO, this year's team, currently 19-7, is no worse than the 2nd best of the last 10 years.
Fair enough.

What is this non-insult loaded debate? haha
Panther Thunder Wrote:The rest of the region? If you mean SV then, yes. Pikeville has been a consistent #2-#3 in the region the past 5 years.

Congrats on that. I bet those #2 and #3 banners look really nice hanging in Pikeville's gym.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Fair enough.

What is this non-insult loaded debate? haha

Yeah, I would probably have to agree, that the 06-07 team was a little better. I jsut liked the make up of that team and they fell a lil short. Either way Pikeville should have a great shot to come out of the region this year and they really have always been like 3 or 4 in the region for the past 5 years or so.

As for the Panther bashing about the banners, I think that might be a lil much.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What arrogance in your post. What Valley fans are you talking about that said they were going to "dominate the region" this year? None that I know of, and certainly none of the well-respected SV posters on here. Most agreed that this would be a rebuilding year, and pegged Valley for the middle of the pack in the 15th region. And I must say, I don't know what the crow tastes like since I haven't had to eat any personally.

I ask you this, though. You stated in your post that Valley, and I quote, "sucked." If this is true, and considering Pikeville was only able to squeak by SV by 4 points both games, where does that leave the Panthers? Does that mean they suck too, just slightly less than Valley? :biggrin:

Well if you do not accept reality then your right you never have to eat crow.. But NO ONE I KNOW OR WHOSE POSTS I READ, agreed that valley was rebuilding until after they lost 4 region games early in the season. And if you want to know where we are just go to http://www.khsaa.org, click on scoreboard, select any 15th region team in the team drop down tab, then scroll to the bottom where it has regional standings. We are 2nd down on that list and you are 11th. Or you can go to any rank the 15th post on here and see our name near the top and yours near the bottom,, Or you can check the mountain top 10, where we are 5th on that, but that may be to hard to judge cause your not even on there and havent been all year!! Or do the easy thing ask somebody who isnt drunk off your win over Johnson Central that uses just a little bit of logic!!
But to add one last comment, only 4 seconds seperates the gold medal and last place in the olympics and SV only beat Betsy Layne by 9 last year in the regional final and beat everyone in the state by double digits so using your logic "More Cowbell" maybe we should petition the KHSAA to go back and adjust the record book to give the Bobcats last years state runner-up trophy!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Everyone knows that LC is having a down year. BUT, those kids HAVE improved and have earned much respect from EVERYONE in the Region. They didn't quit and have played their hearts out EVERY game this season. My hat's off to LC and their coaching staff! Keep working hard guys! :Clap:

Keep working hard guys! This was a very young team with very few returning players and very dependent on middle school players. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourselves. Our football team had issues too just a couple of years ago and made a major turn around and so will our basketball team.
StanTheFan Wrote:Well if you do not accept reality then your right you never have to eat crow.. But NO ONE I KNOW OR WHOSE POSTS I READ, agreed that valley was rebuilding until after they lost 4 region games early in the season. And if you want to know where we are just go to http://www.khsaa.org, click on scoreboard, select any 15th region team in the team drop down tab, then scroll to the bottom where it has regional standings. We are 2nd down on that list and you are 11th. Or you can go to any rank the 15th post on here and see our name near the top and yours near the bottom,, Or you can check the mountain top 10, where we are 5th on that, but that may be to hard to judge cause your not even on there and havent been all year!! Or do the easy thing ask somebody who isnt drunk off your win over Johnson Central that uses just a little bit of logic!!

You are just flat wrong, and there's no other way to say it. The only one who's out of touch with reality is you. You're on here tooting your horn trying to say that the Valley fans all have to eat crow, when the reality is that this season has gone about how most SV fans expected it to. You might think that isn't the case. But you'd be wrong.

Why are you even mentioning KHSAA standings? As far as I know, there are no official regular-season titles (and no trophies given) for basketball. The most recent KHSAA trophy given for basketball was the 2010 state title. If you want to see what a basketball state championship trophy looks like, you could always drive down US 23 and ask the folks at SV if you can take a peek at it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
StanTheFan Wrote:But to add one last comment, only 4 seconds seperates the gold medal and last place in the olympics and SV only beat Betsy Layne by 9 last year in the regional final and beat everyone in the state by double digits so using your logic "More Cowbell" maybe we should petition the KHSAA to go back and adjust the record book to give the Bobcats last years state runner-up trophy!!

Here's the problem with your logic (or rather, lack thereof). SV beat Betsy Layne last year twice, once by 23, the other by 8 (Average margin = 15.5). Pikeville beat SV both times this year by 4, so average margin is obviously 4.

SV was 15.5 points better than Betsy Layne last year. Even though that's not exactly worthy of a runner-up trophy, they were still the second-best team in the 15th region.

On the other hand, Pikeville is just 4 points better than SV this year. Definitely better, but if you want to say that Valley sucks, then that doesn't say much that Pikeville could only barely beat them both times. By trying to put down Valley, you have practically done the same for your own team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Here's the problem with your logic (or rather, lack thereof). SV beat Betsy Layne last year twice, once by 23, the other by 8 (Average margin = 15.5). Pikeville beat SV both times this year by 4, so average margin is obviously 4.

SV was 15.5 points better than Betsy Layne last year. Even though that's not exactly worthy of a runner-up trophy, they were still the second-best team in the 15th region.

On the other hand, Pikeville is just 4 points better than SV this year. Definitely better, but if you want to say that Valley sucks, then that doesn't say much that Pikeville could only barely beat them both times. By trying to put down Valley, you have practically done the same for your own team.

Man your the one who started using that logic! Im looking at wins, not points,, by your SV dementia lets look at it this way, we beat East ridge by 16 twice this year and they beat you by 10 and 2 so that make us an average of 18 points better than you if you carry the 2 and divide by the square root of you all suck just face it... LOL YOU LOST.. Yeah last year you were good you hung a banner high, this year you will hang your heads low. Quit trying to spin this,, we are one of the best teams in the region and the press and anyone who knows anything about basketball agrees and you are one of the worst,, You beat JCCHS and now think your good, but I know I read countless posts about how SVHS would be down from last year but still the best team in the region! Im not going back to look all of them up and quote them on here but it was said and again you are still thinking cause you beat a good team that you all are good now,, but this week will show you exactly where you stand!! HAIL PIKEVILLE
More Cowbell Wrote:You are just flat wrong, and there's no other way to say it. The only one who's out of touch with reality is you. You're on here tooting your horn trying to say that the Valley fans all have to eat crow, when the reality is that this season has gone about how most SV fans expected it to. You might think that isn't the case. But you'd be wrong.

Why are you even mentioning KHSAA standings? As far as I know, there are no official regular-season titles (and no trophies given) for basketball. The most recent KHSAA trophy given for basketball was the 2010 state title. If you want to see what a basketball state championship trophy looks like, you could always drive down US 23 and ask the folks at SV if you can take a peek at it.

They're more than welcome to come to Paintsville and look at ours also..:biggrin:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:They're more than welcome to come to Paintsville and look at ours also..:biggrin:.
:Thumbs: Not to mention the 2nd place trophy for 1998 sitting next to the 96 trophy.
We will be driving on 23 soon enough, but were going north! Let you stay here with your trophy.. state champs one year, losing season and no tournament wins the next, thanks for reminding me..LOL Maybe you can compete with us in baseball and football this year,,LMAO
Panther Thunder Wrote:The rest of the region? If you mean SV then, yes. Pikeville has been a consistent #2-#3 in the region the past 5 years.

We understand that Pikeville is the best team in the state. :Thumbs: FYI Pikeville got beat in district last year first round. So, if you don't make it to region, then what makes you a #2-#3 team?? Another thing, this is a Shelby Valley/Lawrence County thread. Not a Pikeville thread. Please go to the Pikeville thread were they beat Shelby Valley by 4 and talk there.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:We understand that Pikeville is the best team in the state. :Thumbs: FYI Pikeville got beat in district last year first round. So, if you don't make it to region, then what makes you a #2-#3 team?? Another thing, this is a Shelby Valley/Lawrence County thread. Not a Pikeville thread. Please go to the Pikeville thread were they beat Shelby Valley by 4 and talk there.

Cause Valley fans only talk like this on threads where they win the game,, so they dont post on the Pikeville-Valley threads!!
StanTheFan Wrote:Man your the one who started using that logic! Im looking at wins, not points,, by your SV dementia lets look at it this way, we beat East ridge by 16 twice this year and they beat you by 10 and 2 so that make us an average of 18 points better than you if you carry the 2 and divide by the square root of you all suck just face it... LOL YOU LOST.. Yeah last year you were good you hung a banner high, this year you will hang your heads low. Quit trying to spin this,, we are one of the best teams in the region and the press and anyone who knows anything about basketball agrees and you are one of the worst,, You beat JCCHS and now think your good, but I know I read countless posts about how SVHS would be down from last year but still the best team in the region! Im not going back to look all of them up and quote them on here but it was said and again you are still thinking cause you beat a good team that you all are good now,, but this week will show you exactly where you stand!! HAIL PIKEVILLE

You keep talking about events that never actually happened, yet I'm starting to think that deep down, you might actually believe your own nonsense. Again, you keep saying that I said SV was awesome, SV is great, when I never said anything of the sort. I challenge you to go back find any post I have made touting SV as one of the top teams in the region this year. Look hard, because you won't find it.

Look, Pikeville is good this year. I'm not going to get on here on denigrate that team just because you're on here acting like a spoiled brat. I have never put them down, I myself picked them to win the 59th and contend in the 15th, long before the season started and long before you ever made your first post on here. But if you would take a minute to remove the Shelby Valley chip from your shoulder, you might begin to post more in support of your team in threads about Pikeville, and less in threads about Valley where your sole purpose is to try to put SV down as much as possible.

Oh, and I'm sorry if my basic equations for average margin of victory threw you for a loop. I won't confuse you with math anymore...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:They're more than welcome to come to Paintsville and look at ours also..:biggrin:.

TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Not to mention the 2nd place trophy for 1998 sitting next to the 96 trophy.

I'm not sure where you guys are going with this, but I do have plenty of respect for Paintsville basketball and what they've achieved over the years. I hope you have the same respect for Shelby Valley.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am sure that Paintsville fans have the respect for Valley and their fanbase. We are tied together by a great acomplishment!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]