Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Madon and Cody Davenport former Bobcats sign at Lindsey Wislon
This dynamic duo has taken their game to the next level at Lindsey Wilson, Good luck to 2 fine young men.
log mtn mafia Wrote:This dynamic duo has taken their game to the next level at Lindsey Wilson, Good luck to 2 fine young men.

This is a heck of a pickup for the coaching staff at LW. These two young men have done nothing but win and play at the highest of levels since arriving at the high school level. All they have to do to be instant contributors at LW is take the attitudes and work ethic they already possess. GOODLUCK/work hard/ be patient
Congrats to the both of them! Two great athletes.
Congrats to the 2 young men. Great players and kids. Glad to see them continue to wear the blue and white!!!!! I think both will have good careers at LWC. LWC is headed in the right direction to be the team to beat in the MSC in the near future.
Surprised they didnt go to Pikeville
former Wrote:Surprised they didnt go to Pikeville

I was thinking the same thing.
I thought Madon would play at a higher level.
someone told me madon went to union?
LWC is getting many talented Ky. kids. I for one will support the team because a majority of the kids are from the state.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Does "sign" mean they received scholarships or does it mean they decided to play ball there?
LW exceptional pick up.......Ben Madon can play Div. 1 AA.......I can't belive some of the local college coaching missed this kid. He will be an all american here. Good luck to both.
What high school did they play for. What positions did they play?
fancyfeet Wrote:What high school did they play for. What positions did they play?

Both played for Bell County. Ben was the QB/saftey/kicker/punter for 2 years,
Cody started for 3 years at corner and wideout/punt returner his Jr/sr. year. Two very good athletes and better young men.
My Blue Raiders are gonna show how good or how bad KY players are, because they are loaded with them. I, for one, think KY players are good.
both are great football players
First of I'm shocked these kids didn't follow both Hilton's to Pikeville, I figured Hilton would try to get the very best mountian football players and being he coached both of these kids it's surprising. Second LWC is loaded with KY kids and I for one like that and bought season tickets last year and will do the same this year. They are making an investment in the wonderful young men in this state and I love that. Both have the potential to do great things at the NAIA level. Also LWC gets come from all over the state from East-west North-south.
Both are very talented players and could have gone to the larger level IMO. Madon is a unreal athlete and could play 3-4 positions in college. Them not going to Pikeville did not surprise me. I thought both were under utilized in the Bell off. this past season but 13-1 is hard to argue with???

Good luck to both and LW.
I believe that LWC is going to be loaded with the better football players from east of I-65 in Kentucky this year. I don't understand how Campbellsville, Georgetown, Cumberland and Union would let so many of these kids get away, much less Pikeville....LOL. Good luck to all of them and I hope LWC puts some these colleges that do their recruiting more out of state to shame. Again, good luck boys!
Macon IMO could have been a D1 defensive Back and I think will dominate NAIA competetion. I wouls agree with the fact that they could have been used more but I figured Hilton would have the ability to get them to come aboard at Pikeville!!
I'm sure they were both offered nice scholarship packages at Pikeville. Maybe they were offered better at LWC. Maybe they wanted to be in a less conservative atmosphere. MAYBE they just wanted to be BLUE RAIDERS. Maybe they didn't like orange as in Union or Pikeville. As long as they get an education, they're on the right path.
No matter where you go, you can't go wrong if the education is free for playing the game you love. IMO
Madon is not quick enough to play D1 defensive back but yet an outstanding player.. congrats to both these young men and LW. Also shocked to see them not go to Pikeville as well.
You are right about D1 Db However that is why this kid was so special ...he could be D1 tightend. He could play at least 4 different positions in college. He can do it all!
Xerxes Wrote:You are right about D1 Db However that is why this kid was so special ...he could be D1 tightend. He could play at least 4 different positions in college. He can do it all!

I agree he is a very versitle athlete that has the ability to play multiple position. I never thought about TE but I'm positive he could play D1 TE and UofL, KY, or WKU should have took a chance on him IMO!
The guys at LWC are great. Although it is surprising these guys did not follow their coach, I am not surprised to see LW picking them up. They had an excellent first season and have really started something with that program. Best of luck to these guys and LWC.
LWC got two good players, this was a steal for them. IMO. I thought with Dudley going to Pikeville, these two were locks to go to PC.
congrats to two great players!
Good recruiting Dudley Hilton....