J. Jarrell 8 points
L. Daniels 7 points
C. Dillon 7 points
A. Tackett 5 points
B.J. Holliday 4 points
B. Rose 4 points
J. Hall 3 points
M. Kidd 2 points

*The 2nd game in this 2 game series will be played Friday night at Shelby Valley.
I'm sorry to say this but ur scores are wrong. The final score was 88-68 with pike county over Floyd. Idk how u came up with these final scores but if there wrong I can say the the individual scores are possibly wrong also:please:
paintsvilleparent42 Wrote:I'm sorry to say this but ur scores are wrong. The final score was 88-68 with pike county over Floyd. Idk how u came up with these final scores but if there wrong I can say the the individual scores are possibly wrong also:please:

Actually the scoreboard was wrong. I corrected it a few times and the clockkeeper even told me that he was talking too much and missed a couple of things. On one of the Pike baskets, the points were put on the Floyd side. On a 3 point basket by Pike, only 2 points were added. It doesn't matter if you win by 20 or 25, but I didn't want to post the score they had on the scoreboard then have the totals not add up for individuals. We had one question as far as individual scoring and that was a 2 pointer by B. J. Holliday. I wasn't sure if it was him who scored it, but no one sitting there could say for sure either.
The official book had it 91-66 also.
It really doesnt matter if it was 91 or 88 Pike County did win the game either way. With that being said, I was VERY proud of the effort from our kids (Floyd) last night. I know for a fact that Pike county had the chance to practice and most of the boys on the team played for Virgie and together all season. We had ZERO practices as a matter of fact in the locker room before the game was the first time they had been together as a team. Heck we had to draw up inbounds plays and an offense 20 minutes before the tip. All in all i would say a pretty good showing putting up almost 70 points by a group that had never been on the floor together. GREAT job guys and congrats to Pike County.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Actually the scoreboard was wrong. I corrected it a few times and the clockkeeper even told me that he was talking too much and missed a couple of things. On one of the Pike baskets, the points were put on the Floyd side. On a 3 point basket by Pike, only 2 points were added. It doesn't matter if you win by 20 or 25, but I didn't want to post the score they had on the scoreboard then have the totals not add up for individuals. We had one question as far as individual scoring and that was a 2 pointer by B. J. Holliday. I wasn't sure if it was him who scored it, but no one sitting there could say for sure either.
B.J. Holliday had 4 points total
Could anyone tell me the number of made 3-pointers for Pike? Also any idea of a field goal percentage? Great shooting!!!!!!!
canoeman06 Wrote:It really doesnt matter if it was 91 or 88 Pike County did win the game either way. With that being said, I was VERY proud of the effort from our kids (Floyd) last night. I know for a fact that Pike county had the chance to practice and most of the boys on the team played for Virgie and together all season. We had ZERO practices as a matter of fact in the locker room before the game was the first time they had been together as a team. Heck we had to draw up inbounds plays and an offense 20 minutes before the tip. All in all i would say a pretty good showing putting up almost 70 points by a group that had never been on the floor together. GREAT job guys and congrats to Pike County.

I agree, Coach. I would like to have seen Peyton Case play as well. I know both sides were missing some players, and as fun as it was to watch it would have been even better if Peyton had played. I was impressed with the athleticism of Floyd in warmups especially. Jarrell is very quick and Tibbs is a great athlete, just to mention a couple.
Rivalrat Wrote:Could anyone tell me the number of made 3-pointers for Pike? Also any idea of a field goal percentage? Great shooting!!!!!!!

I think they hit 12 or 13, just going on memory. Don't know about percentage, but it had to be pretty high.
Should be a much better game Thursday at Valley. I was on the bench and know that PC boys played really well and FC boys seemed very disorganized. I thought they played mostly one-on-one type plays where they would just whoever got the ball would lower their head and drive to the basket. This would also explain why most of their point production was from the foul line. I look for a much better contest next game and know that more players will be available for both squads. PC shot very well from the outside and FC didn't seem to want to play much defense. I think they know now that they will need to play much harder which will lower the score and produce a very competitive game. I would like to say good job to everyone who organized this event and I challenge Pike County fans come out Thursday and support the rematch. Good luck to all participants.
Great event!
Thanks Mr. Casey
Pike County did practice twice but never had the whole team show up. 10 showed up once and 8 showed up the other. I told the kids just to share the ball and have fun.I was impressed with the size and athleticism of Floyd. I think Pike hit 13 three's.
Congrats to Pike County, the future is very bright.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Should be a much better game Thursday at Valley. I was on the bench and know that PC boys played really well and FC boys seemed very disorganized. I thought they played mostly one-on-one type plays where they would just whoever got the ball would lower their head and drive to the basket. This would also explain why most of their point production was from the foul line. I look for a much better contest next game and know that more players will be available for both squads. PC shot very well from the outside and FC didn't seem to want to play much defense. I think they know now that they will need to play much harder which will lower the score and produce a very competitive game. I would like to say good job to everyone who organized this event and I challenge Pike County fans come out Thursday and support the rematch. Good luck to all participants.
Great event!
Thanks Mr. Casey

We were told the game was on the 22nd which is Friday not Thursday
please advise
You are right coach, the game is Friday.
I see for Floyd County their is a bunch of boys that didn't play that definitely should have been on the team.