Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clintwood, VA 8 - Jenkins 5
Final from Jenkins
Tough loss for Jenkins
Jenkins Lady Cavaliers have played some tough opponents in the last 4 games that they have lost but have learned a lot in the losses. Bad timing on defensive errors and too many walks by pitchers have led to the losses ultimately. In the case against Clintwood Alexis watts had a nice two run home run over the left field wall in the second and Sierra Kiser, trailing 5-2, in the bottom half of the sixth inning hit a bomb over deep center field to tie it. In the top of the 7th Clintwood got 3 runs on a 3 run home run after a walk and getting behind in the pitches but The Lady Cavaliers will ultimately use this loss as the others to achieve the ultimate goal of winning a Championship because of their play against top notch opponents instead of loading up against inferior teams.
If I'm not mistaken I believe that in the seventh inning there were two outs, followed by two back to back fielding errors which put two girls on base, then the batter from Clintwood hit a homerun. No walks in the seventh.
Moderator needs to look in to that. That had nothing to do with the thread considering it was a old thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]