Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 10 Allen Central 0 (5 innings)
Prestonsburg hit the ball all over the field today, including a 3 run homerun by Chaffin. Second game shortened by weather in the second inning pburg up 6-0 at that point. Game will be finished Thursday night. Great job today Cats!!
I'm really proud of this group of players. They have a chance to do something Pburg baseball hasn't done is forever and that's win the district tournament championship.

Keep up the great work Blackcats!!!
Trey Stapleton threw a no hitter for Prestonsburg today. Blackcats hit the ball well and defense is improving daily!
^ are they the top seed
Yes, with 3 games left in district play Prestonsburg 3-0. 3 district games are scheduled this week.
good job P-burg..
Congrats Blackcats! They really are improving with every game and are turning a lot of heads.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Thanks for your support, we have had good players for years. But the seniors on this team have had 4 coaches in four years, there's no way kids can do any good with that going on. But since Shane Simpkins has been there coach, one day before there first season game he has been teaching on the run. But doing an AWESOME job!!!!!!!!! The kids respect him, and remember respect is earned not given and he is the first coach in a few years that has earned it, not demanded it. Plus he let's his asst. Coaches teach and coach as well!!!!!

Great job to all.
Kyle Chaffin hits a two run home run, that makes four guys for the Blackcats to hit home runs. (Alex Griffith, Grant Anderson, Seth Carter, and Kyle Chaffin) I know for some teams that's know big deal, but that's the first time in years for the Cats. Way to go Blackcats on your season.
Sorry, Kyle Chaffin hit a three run home run. My bad
Saw P'burg early on in the season and to see where the coaching staff has taken this team is something, especially in light of the fact that he took over just prior to the season starting. If he doesn't earn coach of the year in the 15th then something is wrong. There are several good coaches in that region but he has earned it. Just my opinion
X's and O's Wrote:Saw P'burg early on in the season and to see where the coaching staff has taken this team is something, especially in light of the fact that he took over just prior to the season starting. If he doesn't earn coach of the year in the 15th then something is wrong. There are several good coaches in that region but he has earned it. Just my opinion

Agree 100%. I know Pikeville and LC have had great seasons and you couldn't argue if either of their coaches were to win. BUT....the job that Simpkins has done in such a short period of time is nothing short of stunning. Everything has improved, but I think defense and pitching is where the improvement is the greatest. Our pitchers are hitting spots, changing speeds, and have morphed into actual PITCHERS instead of just THROWERS.

Defensively, well...Prestonsburg is simply making plays now. The Blackcats turned 3 double plays in a game and a half on Saturday against a good Allen Central team. It has been a great year so far...
X's and O's Wrote:Saw P'burg early on in the season and to see where the coaching staff has taken this team is something, especially in light of the fact that he took over just prior to the season starting. If he doesn't earn coach of the year in the 15th then something is wrong. There are several good coaches in that region but he has earned it. Just my opinion

I agree 100%.
We will see how good Pburg is tomorrow when Lawrence County comes to town, I know they beat Pikeville which says alot. Lawrence smoked them the first time 12-2, let's see what happens..
lcgrad2002 Wrote:We will see how good Pburg is tomorrow when Lawrence County comes to town, I know they beat Pikeville which says alot. Lawrence smoked them the first time 12-2, let's see what happens..

All cat86 is saying is how much Prestonsburg has improved in those areas he mentioned since our coach was hired one day before our season. He was also giving LC and Pikeville there just do. No where in his post did he say we would win, he was saying how much we have improved. Have you got a chip on your shoulder?
Prestonsburg is earning respect....they deserve it....both players and coaches. They may or may not win the district/region but no one can dispute the fact that they have certainly come a long way (in a short amount of time). The players have always had the ability...just needed the right motivation and a positive attitude...they seem to have that now. I think this is just the beginning of a great future for Blackcat baseball! Great job guys!!!!
generalk Wrote:Prestonsburg is earning respect....they deserve it....both players and coaches. They may or may not win the district/region but no one can dispute the fact that they have certainly come a long way (in a short amount of time). The players have always had the ability...just needed the right motivation and a positive attitude...they seem to have that now. I think this is just the beginning of a great future for Blackcat baseball! Great job guys!!!!

Thank you so much for giving us some credit, it's the first time in years that our baseball program is on the right track......no matter what happens from this point on this year we have come a long way. Thanks again for the nice comments on our program.
they are getting better and i respect prestonsburg. No chip on this shoulder at all. Keep up the good work
The Blackcats have made some great strides this year in a short time with their new coach. This team shows more heart, determination and enthusiasm than any Blackcat team I have seen in a long time. I think this is great for the future of 58th district baseball. And I have to agree 100% with Cat 86, the kids on this team have become very good baseball players in short order. The pitchers look much improve and take the mound with a game plan, the defense is making plays and the Cats come to the plate disciplined. Coach and his staff have done a great job and the kids are responding. I certainly think he deserves to be in the runniing for coach of the year.
Colonel Kill Wrote:The Blackcats have made some great strides this year in a short time with their new coach. This team shows more heart, determination and enthusiasm than any Blackcat team I have seen in a long time. I think this is great for the future of 58th district baseball. And I have to agree 100% with Cat 86, the kids on this team have become very good baseball players in short order. The pitchers look much improve and take the mound with a game plan, the defense is making plays and the Cats come to the plate disciplined. Coach and his staff have done a great job and the kids are responding. I certainly think he deserves to be in the runniing for coach of the year.

Amen!!!!!