Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News at The Valley
Hey! if yall have noticed there has been a change in the ER line up too.. May has been puttin #32 in instead of that #55... wonder! if thats the reason why they have lost the last couple of district games..Confusedecret:
I kinda think different than the others on here. Yes, if one or maybe even two quits a team, blame it on the players. If 7 or 8 quits in a year, something else is wrong. Sometimes things are not always the players fault.
Not saying this about John because I know NOTHING about the situation. But it seems like in todays society, when things get hard, the solution is to just quit instead of working harder, and this is why the world is like it is today! I don't believe in quitting no matter what the situation is, as my parents would not had let me anyways if I ever wanted too. But you know Valley, I would rather lose with players that want to be on the team than win with players that don't want to be on it. Because quitting is a SELFISH act as you are not only hurting your view on yourself but killing your FRIENDS and TEAMATES at a time when they actually need you probably most in there young lives because around here, BASKETBALL IS LIFE to boys in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I kinda think different than the others on here. Yes, if one or maybe even two quits a team, blame it on the players. If 7 or 8 quits in a year, something else is wrong. Sometimes things are not always the players fault.
Where have 7 or 8 quit in a year???
Sv has had Colby Newsome,John Johnson and Emmanuel Newsome quit. Those that did not even play this year for SV are Justin Smith,Donovan Bentley,Kyle Goodson and Mikey Bartley. This is why SV is said to be young. This is 7 upper classmen not playing. All 7 played JV ball 2 years ago...............they lost one game that year to Lex. Cath.! Just some food for thought:Hungry:
I hate to hear this. John is a good player
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Not saying this about John because I know NOTHING about the situation. But it seems like in todays society, when things get hard, the solution is to just quit instead of working harder, and this is why the world is like it is today! I don't believe in quitting no matter what the situation is, as my parents would not had let me anyways if I ever wanted too. But you know Valley, I would rather lose with players that want to be on the team than win with players that don't want to be on it. Because quitting is a SELFISH act as you are not only hurting your view on yourself but killing your FRIENDS and TEAMATES at a time when they actually need you probably most in there young lives because around here, BASKETBALL IS LIFE to boys in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.

I agree with you 100%.
"The Dork" Wrote:I agree with you 100%.

A bit hypocritical, huh Dork?
"wildman_06" Wrote:Be a **** team player!!! Don't get upset and quit...suck it up and go on for god's sake.

You obvisously don't know coach Booher, he's clueless on the court. And no one in the Valley likes him and no one at Belfry liked him. Valley's JV team two years was the best JV team ever in the The Valley. And everyone from that team has quit besides both Riddles, and Thomas. Which quit last year and decided to come back out this year.
"NoWeakness" Wrote:You obvisously don't know coach Booher, he's clueless on the court. And no one in the Valley likes him and no one at Belfry liked him. Valley's JV team two years was the best JV team ever in the The Valley. And everyone from that team has quit besides both Riddles, and Thomas. Which quit last year and decided to come back out this year.
"BGbball06" Wrote:Hey! if yall have noticed there has been a change in the ER line up too.. May has been puttin #32 in instead of that #55... wonder! if thats the reason why they have lost the last couple of district games..Confusedecret:

I disagree with that some BG, both are good players and both bring something to the game... Those games we lost.. we just didn't come together as a team..the change up may have made a little difference, but not because of any certain player... I don't think:confused: I hate hear that about John, he is a great player, I enjoy watching him play
"NoWeakness" Wrote:You obvisously don't know coach Booher, he's clueless on the court. And no one in the Valley likes him and no one at Belfry liked him. Valley's JV team two years was the best JV team ever in the The Valley. And everyone from that team has quit besides both Riddles, and Thomas. Which quit last year and decided to come back out this year.

Preach on my brother.

BTW, I hear there's a number of people trying to get his coaching job stripped from him.
I hate to hear that about John, good player, huge lose for SV..
Also, I disagree with BGbball too.. couldn't have said it better bballcrazy...
It will never happen. They won't run him off this year anyways!
excellent post Playboy. You are exactly right. Most of the kids on todays teams are busting their asses no matter how bad things get, no matter how little respect they get from people. Bench players live for the moment to go to the scorers table, check in and play as hard as they can. But it seems like if you bench a starter, the first reaction is to cry and whine about it, and then quit. There are literally dozens of kids that have thrown away their senior years because they were to selfish to gut it out. I do however, commend the coaching staffs of these teams that are winning with what they have, namingly coach Booher at SVHS and coach Justice at LCC. These Booher bashers need to realize that this guy isnt playing with the same team he started out with, and they still have a winning record. Why dont you people walk a mile in Jenkins' shoes. These kids are busting their asses game in game out, nobody quits, and they are 7-14. Id rather have a group of kids that are willing to gut it out than kids that are gonna quit when you change the flavor of the gatorade they are drinking.
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Not saying this about John because I know NOTHING about the situation. But it seems like in todays society, when things get hard, the solution is to just quit instead of working harder, and this is why the world is like it is today! I don't believe in quitting no matter what the situation is, as my parents would not had let me anyways if I ever wanted too. But you know Valley, I would rather lose with players that want to be on the team than win with players that don't want to be on it. Because quitting is a SELFISH act as you are not only hurting your view on yourself but killing your FRIENDS and TEAMATES at a time when they actually need you probably most in there young lives because around here, BASKETBALL IS LIFE to boys in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.
Valley's JV team was the best two years ago. It's sad to see all the talent thrown away. But you have to work with what you've got left.
This thread is about John Johnson quitting, not Coach Booher.
From what I hear is that Johnson is a good kid, so why did he quit?

Quitting a team in the middle of the season says something about a player's selfishness. Such as, "I am more important than my teammates that I am abandoning by quitting".

IMO, this is typical of this day in time.
Why is no one questioning this kid for leaving his teammates hanging in the middle of a season???

Johnson plays football too, correct?
As a teammate, would you want to put your faith in him to be there through thick and thin during next years season???
What if he doesn't like the new coach???
Is he just going to abandon the Wildcats midway before a big district FB game?
"fox sports" Wrote:This thread is about John Johnson quitting, not Coach Booher.
From what I hear is that Johnson is a good kid, so why did he quit?

Quitting a team in the middle of the season says something about a player's selfishness. Such as, "I am more important than my teammates that I am abandoning by quitting".

IMO, this is typical of this day in time.
Why is no one questioning this kid for leaving his teammates hanging in the middle of a season???

Johnson plays football too, correct?
As a teammate, would you want to put your faith in him to be there through thick and thin during next years season???
What if he doesn't like the new coach???
Is he just going to abandon the Wildcats midway before a big district FB game?

Ok, once again people talking when they have no business doing so.....Yes John is a great kid! He is not selfish AT ALL. I have known him and his family for years and he is one of the most respectable young men I have ever talked to. No one is questioning why he quit because they probably know unlike everyone else on here that just jump to conclusions and talk bad about him. Yes, Johnson plays football and I am sure that his football teamates will not feel any differently about John come next season.

You all crack me up....say something nice every now and then!
NW....No personal attacks on another member!
"Bolbi" Wrote:Sv has had Colby Newsome,John Johnson and Emmanuel Newsome quit. Those that did not even play this year for SV are Justin Smith,Donovan Bentley,Kyle Goodson and Mikey Bartley. This is why SV is said to be young. This is 7 upper classmen not playing. All 7 played JV ball 2 years ago...............they lost one game that year to Lex. Cath.! Just some food for thought:Hungry:

Also Gage Phillips and Jordan Price if you want to count them, even though they didn't make a difference on that JV team. Price transfered to ER during Christmas break.
[QUOTE="NoWeakness"][QUOTE="TidesHoss32"]excellent post Playboy. You are exactly right. Most of the kids on todays teams are busting their asses no matter how bad things get, no matter how little respect they get from people. Bench players live for the moment to go to the scorers table, check in and play as hard as they can. But it seems like if you bench a starter, the first reaction is to cry and whine about it, and then quit. There are literally dozens of kids that have thrown away their senior years because they were to selfish to gut it out. I do however, commend the coaching staffs of these teams that are winning with what they have, namingly coach Booher at SVHS and coach Justice at LCC. These Booher bashers need to realize that this guy isnt playing with the same team he started out with, and they still have a winning record. Why dont you people walk a mile in Jenkins' shoes. These kids are busting their asses game in game out, nobody quits, and they are 7-14. Id rather have a group of kids that are willing to gut it out than kids that are gonna quit when you change the flavor of the gatorade they are drinking.

QUOTE]

This thread needs to be closed.
I'm warning everyone..keep it on topic or watch it be closed!!:Angry07: :thanks:
"Mr. Norris" Wrote:Lets not get carried away here... they did go to state without him...

Well...Mr. Norris....Seth made a few "great" player look like little leagers...Seth put it all over Aaron Cash (a candidate for Mr. Basketball). Cash had like 12 points and 3 turnovers (about) when seth guarded him, and Seth had like 25, and 8 assists....

BTW who was better than Seth?..some dummie from South Floyd or Paintsville?, and had coach K., I mean Coach Booher not got rid of him he would have SHATTERED the Shelby Valley scoring record, and there is alot of good offenseive players to have played at SV!
Seth was a great player but lost intrest in the game after it was pushed on him so hard. I'm sure he could have done something with his talent even after high school. His big throw back was his temper. He had 34 pts on cash.
You know guys/fans, a coach has to have discipline, whether it is the best player on the team or not. A coach cannot put up with a hothead, because it KILLS a team! Now I am not saying that any of this had to do with the boy that just quit, but everyone only wants to see one side of it!
This thread has gotten off topic.
Therefore, I am closing!