Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade chatter: Colby Rasmus joins Carlos Beltran on the block
As baseball's July 31 non-waiver trading deadline approaches, the rumors and rumblings are getting stronger from the trade market. Here are some of the latest reports from around the game.

San Francisco: General manager Brian Sabean tells the San Francisco Chronicle "we're not close" when it comes to a deal for Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran and "right now, we don't see an upgrade with the names out there at shortstop or at catcher. A lot of the names that are being speculated on aren't even in the market. Will that change in the last 48 or 72 hours? Perhaps."

Tampa Bay: Although outfielder B.J. Upton can be had for the right price, but Danny Knobler of MLB.com tweets that the Rays will not trade right-hander James Shields.

San Diego: Heath Bell tells the San Diego Union-Tribune that he fully expects to be traded and prefers to stay in the NL or close to home with the Angels. But Bell says he's hearing that the Phillies, Rangers and Cardinals have the most interest.

White Sox: The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals have offered outfielder Colby Rasmus to the White Sox. Chicago is said to be dangling starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and reliever Matt Thornton. Jackson told the Chicago Tribune he's not surprised. "My name is in trade rumors every year," Jackson said after pitching the White Sox to a 4-2 victory at Cleveland on Sunday. "It's been like this for the last five years. It's definitely nothing I worry about. I can't control it. I just want to play wherever I'm wanted to play at."

Pittsburgh: General manager Neal Huntington says asking prices remain high and speculates that teams aren't offering his club any bargains with Pittsburgh fans clamoring for the Pirates to do something big. "This club deserves something to help them, but at this point the acquisition costs are just so high that it's been a challenge," Huntington tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "The fact that we're on pace to break an 18-year streak, the fans are coming out in droves ... if I were in (other teams') shoes, I would be trying to leverage that as best I could."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...-beltran/1
Carlos Beltran to the Braves!
you can add Cubs' Carlos Pena to the list. He's sure to be traded from what I've read. Cubs are trying to save as much money as they can so they can try and sign Albert Puljos if he becomes a free agent and 4 teams are interested in Koskue Fukudome. one of them being the Cleveland Indians
MVP2 Wrote:Carlos Beltran to the Braves!

has that just went official? last I heard he wanted to be traded within the National League
Strikeout King Wrote:has that just went official? last I heard he wanted to be traded within the National League

No, it was just a prediction.
Another name on the trading block, Astros-(OF) Hunter Pence.
MVP2 Wrote:Another name on the trading block, Astros-(OF) Hunter Pence.

Hunter Pence is a seldom talked about star. Very good player.
^

Yup, leads Houston in BA., HRs, and RBIs.
Rasmus was traded to the Blue Jays today in a huge 8 player deal.

Man, Toronto is going to be crazy good in a year or 2.
according to Sources The Giants are close to getting Carlos Beltran from the Mets

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/...ources-say
Its a done deal.

Beltran going to the Giants.
While this has been a nice year for Beltran, I believe its a flash in the pan, and next season I believe he stays on the DL again, with minimal contributions..I like Beltran, but he wont be worth the price he commands after the season. I think a guy like Pence would be perfect though..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cubs trade Kosuke Fukudome to the Indians for 2 Prospects
Phillies & Braves going hard after Hunter Pence.