Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle co.@ Taylor co. 9/23
RebelPride Wrote:Is Taylor Co.'s football field at the high school campus?

Yes
Twitter: @tc_analytics

What does Taylor County's football field look like - it is a grass surface? How many people will the bleachers seat? Are there bleachers on both sides?
BoyleCo.- 56

Taylor Co.- 13
rick2517 Wrote:What does Taylor County's football field look like - it is a grass surface? How many people will the bleachers seat? Are there bleachers on both sides?

Google Earth shows the field to be grass and bleachers only on the home side, but I guess it could be an older satellite image.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Google Earth shows the field to be grass and bleachers only on the home side, but I guess it could be an older satellite image.

It's been a couple of years, but that is how it was than. Coming into Cambellsville turn right at Mr. Gattis Pizza and you can't miss it.
Boyole should have no trouble winning this one. But with this rain today I do remember in 2002 driving up after in a monsoon rain storm and Boyle getting beat 13-9 at West Jessamine. I take Boyle with the clock running second half. I agree the second string will be getting alot of playing time tonight.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Now, that's just mean! Why would anyone intentionally broadcast this game for everyone to see?

They are full fledged Triple Option out of the Flexbone (Georgia Tech/Navy), I and apparently they are doing it out of the Wishbone now, as well.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Google Earth shows the field to be grass and bleachers only on the home side, but I guess it could be an older satellite image.

Correct on all accounts. Taylor County has a nice bermuda surface, though and it's really not a bad atmosphere to watch a high school football game. Given the fact that Taylor County is 3-1, it will be even moreso. If Taylor can somehow, someway make this respectable (no running clock) then the players and fans @ the game can see what a program can turn into when the community, parents/boosters, administration, etc. sell completely out to the football program. It was only a short 20 years ago when a guy named Chuck Smith took over a Boyle County program, that was a bottom dweller for the most part, much like Taylor County has been in recent years (w/ exception to the their '08 team).
A lot of people might not know but the 99 Taylor County team was 1 win away from playing Boyle in their very first State Championship game.
Went and watched Taylor and Green county down there last year and enjoyed the stadium. Never a fan of only one side having bleachers but it was a good atmosphere.
Only bad thing about the stadium seating is that there are no isles or if there are, they are covered up by people and I did not see them. If you sit @ the top, it is dangerous getting down. The only hand rails are at the end of the stadium. The metal seats get slick as the night goes on, so everyone please be careful.

64black&gold Wrote:Went and watched Taylor and Green county down there last year and enjoyed the stadium. Never a fan of only one side having bleachers but it was a good atmosphere.

:Thumbs:
Live video

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285439244816685

Since the game will be over at the half, make sure to watch the band at half time. Last year they gave an...um...uh..."Interesting" performance at half time of the game with Somerset.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:They are full fledged Triple Option out of the Flexbone (Georgia Tech/Navy), I and apparently they are doing it out of the Wishbone now, as well.

If Taylor runs this offense well, Boyle will have to put the ball in the Endzone when they get touches. This kind of offense eats clock. This offense also grinds away at good defenses, and get's 3-4 a play. Boyle has to stay focused and keep the offense off the field, and put the ball in the end zone. Overall, this will be a Great Tune Up game for the guys before they head deeper into district play. I haven't been able to catch any BC Ball since Danville, wish I could be there for this one. Should be a good game, with the score managed well by French.

Boyle 49
Taylor 0

Anyone thinking of Zach Hester at QB some tonight?
RebelRowdie Wrote:If Taylor runs this offense well, Boyle will have to put the ball in the Endzone when they get touches. This kind of offense eats clock. This offense also grinds away at good defenses, and get's 3-4 a play. Boyle has to stay focused and keep the offense off the field, and put the ball in the end zone. Overall, this will be a Great Tune Up game for the guys before they head deeper into district play. I haven't been able to catch any BC Ball since Danville, wish I could be there for this one. Should be a good game, with the score managed well by French.

Boyle 49
Taylor 0

Anyone thinking of Zach Hester at QB some tonight?

I think this is a set you will see occassionally for the rest of the year, its a good change of pace, and Zach is a very talented athlete to say the least. But Whittle is the better QB and should get the majority of the reps
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Live video

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285439244816685

Due to technical difficulties, the game will be Audio only.:worthy:

Brahma, what kind of program do you boot that file type out of? It won't work in Quicktime or iTunes.
RebelRowdie Wrote:Brahma, what kind of program do you boot that file type out of? It won't work in Quicktime or iTunes.

Adobe flash player..