Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems at Valley?
I hear that Kelsey Friend was wanting to exit the basketball scene... any truth to this? It really doesn't look like he enjoys the game...
Yeh, it looks like he is wanting to follow in the foot steps of kiser...
I didnt realize SV was having this many problems!
I hate to hear this about Kelsey. He's a good person. I've enjoyed watching him play. But he's making a big mistake if he wants to follow Kisers lead. Friend has more sense than Kiser so I'm sure he'll make the right decision unlike his counterpart.
Not surprising, Kelsey Friend has more potential that anyone in the region, and there will be problems like this throughout the season for the Wildcats, but I hate to see him go... hope he makes the right decision.
Well....from watching games one could see this coming...I mean he doesn't even try it seems...just kinda stands around...and probable one of the most talented players in the region yet only takes like 4-5 shots a game....Just doesn't seem to have the interest....I think that too many people are just getting burnt out of bball at Valley....I mean that's all they play....Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter....at least at Pikeville most of our players play one to two other sports...may mean that they are not as good at basketball but at least they arn't burnt out and ready to quit
It doesn't sound to me like Friend would do this.
Would hate to see him go. He is a great player when he wants to play but seems he has lost some want. As a freshman he was very intense. I agree beef those kids start playing year round at about age 10. Virgie and Dorton have competed in aau ball in KY and VA playing basically year round. Some burn out is going to happen. Kids in HS need to be involved in more than just one sport, change things up.
"Showtyme" Wrote:I agree beef those kids start playing year round at about age 10. Virgie and Dorton have competed in aau ball in KY and VA playing basically year round. Some burn out is going to happen. Kids in HS need to be involved in more than just one sport, change things up.

Agreed
"blackcat" Wrote:It doesn't sound to me like Friend would do this.
I wouldn't think that Kelsey would do something like this...just not hie personality to quit on his team in the middle of the season...if it was this summer or something then I could see it...but being the middle of the season I wouldn't think so....But guess we will have to wait and see.