Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston Astros moving to the American League
Astros owner Drayton McLane is expected to complete the sale of the team to Jim Crane in mid-November, according to Peter Gammons of MLB Network (on Twitter). The arrangement would move Houston to the American League West and even MLB into two leagues of 15 teams.

The sale of the Astros is intertwined with baseball's current round of collective bargaining. MLB is likely to add a Wild Card team by 2012 or 2013 and moving the Astros to the American League would likely accelerate expanded playoffs.

McLane recently said he expects the sale to be complete within three or four weeks. Last week, MLBTR's Tim Dierkes looked ahead to Houston's offseason.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/as...to-al.html
Hunh, I never think of the Astro's anyhow. No loss to the NL
^ Couldn't agree more!
Even leagues now, I like it. Not so easy to win the AL West, and not so hard to win the NL Central.....at least statistically anymore. Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Hunh, I never think of the Astro's anyhow. No loss to the NL

It is a big loss, SD! There goes several easy wins for the Reds next year!!! :Sad04:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ LOL, you are dead-nuts accurate there!
I like the move by the Astros to the AL. This gives them a definite rival in the Rangers and it evens the leagues.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis