Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dance Teams
dance is dance... their is no league when it comes to dance. I don't have to see them, because nothing teams in the mountains do, including my sisters team compares to anything other people especially in central Kentucky do, so to say that I don't know what I am talking about is a falicy. So you drop it when you go see a real dance team like Assumption or the Pep Club Colts dance alright... then tell me Phelps is better...

I'm out
Get over yourself.... you know everything I suppose and people older and wiser know nothing. As a good friend of mine used to say, "I've been everywhere but the electric chair and seen everything but the wind" including more dance teams than you will ever see in your lifetime.... Phelps is AWESOME plain and simple..... I'd put them against ANY one ANY time, ANY place and guarantee you would be proven wrong! Good night, sweet dreams.... hope you dream in Hornet Blue and White! Wink
By the way, so ya know.... I've seen assumption.... on their own web site... I am impressed, but they are not nearly as good as what I have seen from schools closer to home! Wink
http://www.ahsrockets.org/athletics/dance0607.php

NOT even the same style of dance....

No where NEAR what our girls do.... We are a more upbeat, laid back, and get your crowd pumped type of dance..... this kinda (YAWN) put me to sleep!!!

DON'T get me wrong..... they are good.... very good BUT.... NOT our STYLE!!! Different type.... OH.... did I forget.... we do hip hop, pom, and prop....

Nighty Nite..... Hope you have a good one!!
phs1986 Wrote:http://www.ahsrockets.org/athletics/dance0607.php

NOT even the same style of dance....

No where NEAR what our girls do.... We are a more upbeat, laid back, and get your crowd pumped type of dance..... this kinda (YAWN) put me to sleep!!!

DON'T get me wrong..... they are good.... very good BUT.... NOT our STYLE!!! Different type.... OH.... did I forget.... we do hip hop, pom, and prop....

Nighty Nite..... Hope you have a good one!!

Yeaiwent on google and typed in assumption dance team and looked at the video's and yea it is a totally different style of dance, if you like that styles i guess its ok but i prefer the more energetic style myself. If you in to Jazz or ballet then its ok its all into what you like
i can't see to many standing ovations with that style, just like down at richmond at the class A state competition i saw a team do that style of dance and no one looked interested in it and there wasn't many people who clapped for them and the ones who did it was like ok glad that was over
This is all getting so crazy. These are kids we are talking about and it seems more adults are yakking than the kids. Each dance/cheer team does the best they can. These kids have nothing to prove to any but themselves and if it is not good enough to please some then so what. I don't care and neither does my daughter, who is a phelps dancer, what other peoples opinions are. (Like the old saying goes -like another body part, we all have one) If some people do not stop yakking, I promise it will make all the kids second guess themselves, no matter what school they are from. Trophies and titles are great but the true feeling of a winner is within the dancer or athelete. And Phelps knows it is a winner. It would not matter if Phelps never won a title or a trophy--- they are the best because they give the best. These kids excel in school, dance, cheer, basketball, football, golf, volleyball, softball, baseball, track, community, and family. They are great kids with great talent. We do it all because we have too. We can not pick and choose who gets to play what sport because our school does not have the enrollment for it. I just want all dancers to know - you all are the best if you give the best. :1:
EXTERRA3 Wrote:This is all getting so crazy. These are kids we are talking about and it seems more adults are yakking than the kids. Each dance/cheer team does the best they can. These kids have nothing to prove to any but themselves and if it is not good enough to please some then so what. I don't care and neither does my daughter, who is a phelps dancer, what other peoples opinions are. (Like the old saying goes -like another body part, we all have one) If some people do not stop yakking, I promise it will make all the kids second guess themselves, no matter what school they are from. Trophies and titles are great but the true feeling of a winner is within the dancer or athelete. And Phelps knows it is a winner. It would not matter if Phelps never won a title or a trophy--- they are the best because they give the best. These kids excel in school, dance, cheer, basketball, football, golf, volleyball, softball, baseball, track, community, and family. They are great kids with great talent. We do it all because we have too. We can not pick and choose who gets to play what sport because our school does not have the enrollment for it. I just want all dancers to know - you all are the best if you give the best. :1:

Your Right ... we know what are dance team and that all we need to say and that like dancing so that have fun doing ...
[quote=phelpsfan] YourRight ... we know what are dance team can do . are dance team has fun doing it .
Can't wait to watch Phelps Dancers tonight.....
phs1986 Wrote:Can't wait to watch Phelps Dancers tonight.....

yeah we kinda rocked tonight.
Big Grin
GO PHS!
:letsparty
As always!!!! Smile
phelps dance team you all did great tonight
I just wanted to give some recoginition to some teams in the area that have some great accomplishments. Dance Etc in Pburg has been around for 10 years. In those 10 years they have won 24 National Titles including 2 this year so far with another national competition coming up at the end of the month. Dance Etc started with 1 team of 20 girls in grades 3-8. They now have 77 girls spread out over 4 teams and range in grades 1st-12th.

The second team I would like to recognize in Pburg High. I was fortunate enough to be a member of the team when they won all of their titles in the late 90's and take great pride in what we did for dance in eky. We are the reason why many schools decided to start a dance team. Since 1997 they have won 12 national titles including NDA National Champions which is one of the biggest nationals in the country. Their most recent title came just last year at Jamfest super nationals in Cincy.

These girls on both teams are some of the hardest working girls I have ever met and they deserve to get the recognition they deserve
Phelps dance team is awesome!!
Magoffin County's dance team is
really good too!!!
Has anyone seen Shelby Valleys dance team this year?.....there really good...they've improved alot since last year. Im glad to see the girls having fun.:Thumbs:
I think the Shelby Valley dance team deserves to be mentioned as a good dance team in Eastern Kentucky. They were very dominant back in '98 and '99, but then the dance team was cut from the school's athletic programs. Just this year they have organized a dance team again and are not dancing with the band. These girls practice for 2, sometimes 2 and a half hours a day, 3 days a week. They put a lot of effort into what they do and I myself have to say that they are looking very good as the season goes on, doing their floor routine 2 times at the district championship games. Shelby Valley's dance team will be back on top sooner than later, watch out for em!
Magoffin is the best of the best. The girls represented our school very well. Good job girls and Andrea..
hornet32 Wrote:There are barely any [if any] post about dance. I think Magoffin has excellent teams. Any comments about any of the dance teams?

I havent seen very many dance teams this year performing except for Shelby Valley and they were pretty good. This team is small but entertaining and they really got the crowd into it with them and to me that is what its all about entertaining. I have seen this team perform all season. They were at the fooball games and at the boy/girl basketball home games and even the tournaments. My hat goes off to all dance teams because they put alot into it and they dont get the credit they deserve but I have to say Shelby Valley doesnt get recongized for having a dance team and I personally want to thank Shelby Valley. THANK YOU SHELBY VALLEY DANZ CATS FOR ENTERTAINING US ALL SEASON LONG. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. :thumpsup:
Magoffin has the best I've seen, they are always in sync and are very entertaining to watch. Anyone know why JC doesn't have a dance team? I know about 4-5 yrs ago they had one and had around 18-25 girls on it but the next year it was gone. I've heard many girls around school say they would love it if they had one.
I think that all the Dance Teams I have seen this year are really good, and I know that they all work extremely hard! So I would just like to say congratulations to all the girls and boys on a great season!!
Watched three different teams tonight at the regional! All were good, but, in my opinion, Phelps was more up tempo and interesting! All of you girls, from all schools, work hard! Have a great year!
Knox Central also has a dance team!!!! So does some of the surrounding schools as well!!!