Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wreck on US 23 in Prestonsburg
Figured I'd give people a heads up that plan on traveling on US 23 this morning. A car pulled out in front of a coal truck at the bottom of the Holiday Inn hill. Coal truck ran over top of the car, bouncing off of it and striking an explorer and sending it airborne into the concrete median. Not sure of any deaths but my guess would be that at least the driver of the car was killed. There was nothing left of it from what I could see. Let's keep this people in our thoughts and prayers.
I heard about this wreck, traffic was horrible this morning on the way to school. I'll be praying for everyone involved.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard two fatalities. My prayers go out to their families.
Life is too short.....we all need to live like there is no tomorrow. Easy to say and very hard to do. Prayers to the families.
blackcat Wrote:I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard two fatalities. My prayers go out to their families.
Haven't heard any names floating around have ya?
I heard that a Reid guy from Pike County was killed in the accident but I'm not sure if that's true or not... if I hear anything else I will post it
The person killed was Russell Reid of Pikeville. They believe he may have fallen asleep. Floyd Gray of Hager Hill was in explorer, his condition was not known.
Thanks for the update 15th. I've been looking around trying to see who it was.
Yeah that was a horrible accident.........Prayers to their familys
Russel Reid graduated with my dad in 84' from Millard High.
He worked for the Power Company ( I Think)
He was a nice man, didn't deserve it.
I don't think there was a coal truck involved either. On the news they said they think Reid fell asleep and hit Gray head on.
My prayers go out to everybody involved
On the radio it said something the driver of the car lost control an went into oncoming traffic an hit the explorer, which was on the concrete median. One of my friends drove by right after it happened, an he said he thought the guy in the explorer was on a cell phone. He thought that was wierd since it was on the median. But IDK. I saw it this morning an every cop/ambulance in three counties was there. I had to turn around and go thru town branch to get to school.
Also their was a second wreck, a fender bender from people trying to look at the wreck as they drove by.
yea the ford explorer was a guy that worked with my dad......he had two broke ribs and they sent him to highlands and they done a cat scan and when they did they found a TUMOR in his stomach and the flew him out to cabell huntington I havent heard anymore i pray to god hes ok hes a great man
thats crazy. they found a tumor? man i hope hes ok an i pray for all the families
I drove by there like an hour after it happen and they was still cops and stuff everywhere. I hope the guy they flew out gets well soon.
football05 Wrote:yea the ford explorer was a guy that worked with my dad......he had two broke ribs and they sent him to highlands and they done a cat scan and when they did they found a TUMOR in his stomach and the flew him out to cabell huntington I havent heard anymore i pray to god hes ok hes a great man
This man too works with my dad. Do they know what the tumor is from?
they arent sure beef..they dont know if its from the wreck its self or was already there.....so if it was already there maybe it was an act of god to show him of giving him a chance or something idk.....but anyways when I hear more Ill update
Thanks fb :thumb:
All parties involved will be in my thoughts.
My dad talked to the women where he works, and they said Floyd Gray the man they flew out to cabell huntington is doing good....but he still has to go to louisville to have the anurism checked out...but he gets to come home today.....so thats good news
Like someone said earlier, maybe the wreck caused the doctor to find the tumor that was potentially dangerous and would not have been checked out if this hadn't happened. Glad to hear that he is coming home though and everything sounds like it is working out.