Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Bowl: West Virginia 70, Clemson forgot to get off the bus - 33
Big East is now 3-1 in bowl games and West Virginia breaks Baylor's week old record of points scored in a bowl game.
I can't wait to watch Alabama/LSU just so I can see what a defense actually looks like.
Clemson looked about as good as UK tonight.
They definitely made WVU look much better than they really are.
UK's defense is better than that.
Did there defense play?
FBALL Wrote:UK's defense is better than that.

:hilarious:
Did they give up 70?
Was hoping to see Burchett last night. Caught a glimpse of him with the clip board in hand though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wow, this was the most amazing game I have ever seen. Even tops the Baylor game of last week.
Congrats WVU. I for one, like to see our WV neighboring teams do good, as long as they aren't playing UK.
Clemson introduced to the woodshed!
West Virginia looked like a team possessed.
FBALL Wrote:Did they give up 70?

Half the team we played could have had they left there starters in like WVU did. It was just a year or two ago that Florida did it to us.

UK is awful.
I'll talk about this one tomorrow. And let's just say, I'm still punching things! Pathetic performance by my Tigers.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
It was a game until Clemson fumbled on the goal line and the 'eers took it back 99 yards. That play took all the wind out of the Tigers sails. It snowballed form there. I believe Clemson wins this game 6 out of 10 times.
SuperB70 Wrote:It was a game until Clemson fumbled on the goal line and the 'eers took it back 99 yards. That play took all the wind out of the Tigers sails. It snowballed form there. I believe Clemson wins this game 6 out of 10 times.

Exactly right! Clemson went straight down hill after this 99 yard return!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They don't play them 6 out of 10 times, just once and on that night WVU was the better team!
You know, why doesn't anyone give WVU credit? Allow me to remind you that in '06 in the Sugar Bowl that was played in Atlanta instead of New Orleans, we played the SEC champion Georgia Bulldogs and there was a coming out party for one Patrick White and Steve Slaton and we beat the SEC champions who played a home game in Atlanta. In '08 we played mighty Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and again there was a coming out party for one Noel Devine and we blew out Oklahoma after 87% of the nation didn't give WVU a chance 48-28. Then this Wednesday night when when 78% of the nation didn't give WVU a chance and even the big boys on ESPN thought this would be a blow out by Clemson, WVU had a coming out party for one Geno Smith and Tavon Austin and destroyed the ACC champion Clemson Tigers 70-33. Why is it so hard for folks to give WVU credit. I agree the fumble changed the game, but it's part of the game as well, you have to make your breaks, and WVU did!
WVU still blows dick, but them up against a real team
Blowout.
CardinalAlum Wrote:WVU still blows dick, but them up against a real team

lol, Clemson is a real team. There's a reason they were ACC champions, and blew out Va Tech.

I don't think WVU is as much better than Clemson as that score indicates, but they are good this year, and they were on a mission. Awesome beatdown.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, Clemson is a real team. :Thumbs:

I don't think WVU is as much better than Clemson as that score indicates, but they are good this year, and they were on a mission. Awesome beatdown.

:Thumbs:

Clemson's D just didn't show up their in that 2nd quarter. And then after the pick by Boyd and the 99 yard run back. It was down hill in a hurry. Clemson has had trouble all year after the get down by 2 Td's, they just quit.
#BBFL