Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats wrong with Pikeville's School system?
what are your thoughts on whats wrong with Pikeville's School system?
What do you mean?
like in general
losing mac
never getting out of school (even if their b ball team goes to all a state)
going ot school on icy roads
making bad decisions
stuff liek that
these are jsut examples
dirty30 Wrote:like in general
losing mac
never getting out of school (even if their b ball team goes to all a state)
going ot school on icy roads
making bad decisions
stuff liek that
these are jsut examples

McNamee has never been liked by the AD. The AD really wants a state championship to retire on and Mac wasn't getting it done. As for the roads, they aren't bad at all. Even I'll admit, we got out some days when I went that weren't bad at all. You see, we don't get the calamity days that the county gets. All the county schools get like 15 days they can use at any point and not have to make up. Pikeville doesn't have that, and they would rather not go to school in July. Pikeville got out of school TODAY for the girls All-A. What bad decisions do you speak of???
ComfortEagle Wrote:As for the roads, they aren't bad at all. Even I'll admit, we got out some days when I went that weren't bad at all. You see, we don't get the calamity days that the county gets. All the county schools get like 15 days they can use at any point and not have to make up. Pikeville doesn't have that, and they would rather not go to school in July.

Not so true here CE.....I don't mind going to school when it snows due to the fact that we don't get the extra days...but there have been 2 days this year so far that I thought we needed to be out for...the first the roads were still covered with snow and I don't even think that we were on a delay...and the other, the roads were covered with ice still in places ...even on Hambley Blvd!...and you know that it's bad when I pull into the parking lot and have to wait in traffic and when I finally get to move my rear tires start to spin :?

Not sure what the problem is though?!?
But Pikeville has always been notorious for going to school when others don't.
ComfortEagle Wrote:But Pikeville has always been notorious for going to school when others don't.
Yes...I under stand that but these 2 days were times when I thought that we should have been off....but the other 3 days that the county got off I thought that we should be there...but oh well.....guess just have to wait until something happenes for there to be a change
we need a new superintendent....and athletic director
dirty30 Wrote:what are your thoughts on whats wrong with Pikeville's School system?

Since it is the top school system in Eastern Kentucky I would say nothing.
PDT_002
phsplyr17 Wrote:we need a new superintendent....and athletic director

AGREED!
PDT_003
PHSFAN Wrote:
dirty30 Wrote:what are your thoughts on whats wrong with Pikeville's School system?

True...but there are still many flaws...just because we are better than this school or that school doesn't mean that we should just stop looking for ways to improve. Student safety being one. But they just want themselves to look good...and if that means bringing students to school with bad roads just so we don't miss educational time..then so be it...it will show on the CATS test too...and thats all they care about...the SCHOOL/AMINISTRATION looking good.
Beef Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:

True...but there are still many flaws...just because we are better than this school or that school doesn't mean that we should just stop looking for ways to improve. Student safety being one. But they just want themselves to look good...and if that means bringing students to school with bad roads just so we don't miss educational time..then so be it...it will show on the CATS test too...and thats all they care about...the SCHOOL/AMINISTRATION looking good.

Great post Beef...this is all 100% true