Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obamas pay $162K in taxes -- a 20.5% rate
Bob Seger Wrote:Greatest American President???? Yeah Boy!!!! And it was also FDR whom exposed the United States Military to their unfathomable weaknesses that FDR was responsible for. If we were as strong militarily as we should have been, WWII may have been avoided altogether. You are right TRT, there was a will and strength among the American people at that time as they pulled together and made the necessary sacrifices to fight and win a war that stretched around the globe when the country was at an extremly vulnerable militarily. Would we as a country be able to pull together once again if faced with something similar? I really dont know, but am sure afraid to be put into the position of finding out the answer to that question. I sure would hate to have Barack Obama looking out for my backside in that event. Another thing, I am surprised that you would bring up FDR because of his human rights activites. He was the original race profiler with the Japanese internment camps after all, wasn't he?

The one thing I will give FDR credit for is the WPA era constuction works. If the government is going to be responsible for keeping up half the country, at least make em work for the money, instead of drawing all the freebies sitting on the couch. You'll not see that happen now, because you're liable to hurt someones feelings and have the ACLU or some other crackpot group all over you.

Liberals don't get this. Part of their lack of common sense is not being able to understand that there are nations out there who would conquer the USA if they think the time is right. As you point out, FDR allowed and even pushed the errosion of our armed services as did Carter, Clinton, and now Obama. Same old tired playbook, and same old naivity. FWIW, you can bet Obama thinks if we lay down our arms others will capitulate, and he will make sure he 'leaks' enough intel to prove his sincerity in his naive attempt at commander-in-chief,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]