Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwyane Wade Throws Mike Bibby's Shoe
In the NBA playoffs, the difference between victory and defeat can often be a single play and players look for any opportunity to gain an edge (even if it means flopping).

When Knicks reserve point guard Mike Bibby lost his shoe while boxing out Dwyane Wade for a defensive rebound in Game 2, the Heat star jumped at the chance to put New York at a momentary disadvantage.

As Bibby looked to make an outlet pass, Wade picked up his shoe and tossed it out of bounds toward the Heat bench, taking Bibby out of the offense. The 5-on-4 advantage for Miami didn't matter though, as J.R. Smith found center Tyson Chander for a quick alley-oop to take a 31-29 lead in the second quarter.

Bibby didn't appear to be too pleased after retrieving his shoe. We naturally assumed Bibby screamed, "Who throws a shoe?"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/dwyane-wade-mike-bibby-shoe-heat-knicks_n_1466948.html?ref=sports
[YOUTUBE="Dwyane Wade Throws Mike Bibbys Shoe Into First Row"]zD8d7Fne_nM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
Could he not have continued on without his show?

Also, first Labron flops after a charge and now Wade throws a shoe? What class...
^ flopping has, is, and will always be part of the game. I have absolutely no issue with basketball players flopping, hitters acting like they got hit with a pitch, or receivers flailing themselves to the ground.

Throwing a shoe, well that's not exactly part of the game, but I think there was something personal between Wade and Bibby. But, is throwing the shoe any worse than when a player steps on the back of the shoe of another, pulling the shorts or shirt?
World Peace (Artest) would've thrown the shoe at Bibby, followed in with an elbow, then bolt into the stands and punch a fan.
I used to like an respect Dwayne Wade, even after he had his big game in the elite eight against Kentucky in college. But I think LeBron's ego has rubbed off on Wade. Since LeBron came to Miami, Wade has acted like nothing but a whinny little baby.
My simple question? Like Austin Powers once said. ''Who throws a shoe?''
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
WideRight05 Wrote:I used to like an respect Dwayne Wade, even after he had his big game in the elite eight against Kentucky in college. But I think LeBron's ego has rubbed off on Wade. Since LeBron came to Miami, Wade has acted like nothing but a whinny little baby.

This is a completely laughable post, one that just knocked 100% of your credibility away. First off, saying that Lebron James has anymore of an ego as Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant is ridiculous! Hell yes it's EGO! When you are the best in the world, it's knocked by those who are less than! When it comes to self assuredness, yes, Lebron is 100% in that category! As for D-Wade, he has ALWAYS played this way and been outspoken! Having the greatest player in the world on your team gets what you say and do more recognized! Even with Shaq, D-Wade was the least covered superstar in the league, thus anything he did rarely registered in the media!
Stardust Wrote:This is a completely laughable post, one that just knocked 100% of your credibility away. First off, saying that Lebron James has anymore of an ego as Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant is ridiculous! Hell yes it's EGO! When you are the best in the world, it's knocked by those who are less than! When it comes to self assuredness, yes, Lebron is 100% in that category! As for D-Wade, he has ALWAYS played this way and been outspoken! Having the greatest player in the world on your team gets what you say and do more recognized! Even with Shaq, D-Wade was the least covered superstar in the league, thus anything he did rarely registered in the media!

It cracks me up that you do this kind of stuff when somebody disagrees with you. I would guess everybody on this site has lost 100% of their credibility with you at one point or another. After all, you are the one calling this team the greatest ever assembled when they lost to a Mavs team that was older than dirt. And probably will find a way to throw it away again this year. :lmao:
^ You mean the same Mavs team that beat every team in the West, took them further than any team in the playoffs. Heat also happened to beat every team in the East to get there, so it's not like someone just said "hmm, who should we put in the finals"??? No, both teams WON their games to get there, then the NBA cheated to ensure that the Heat did not win in the first year of existence just to build drama like the next Rock/Cena match, where the best man did not win! That's OK Righty, you have plenty of years to build some level of credibility back......
Stardust Wrote:^ You mean the same Mavs team that beat every team in the West, took them further than any team in the playoffs. Heat also happened to beat every team in the East to get there, so it's not like someone just said "hmm, who should we put in the finals"??? No, both teams WON their games to get there, then the NBA cheated to ensure that the Heat did not win in the first year of existence just to build drama like the next Rock/Cena match, where the best man did not win! That's OK Righty, you have plenty of years to build some level of credibility back......

There goes your credibility! Why would the NBA cheat for a team like the Mavs? If anything they probably helped the Heat a little bit. In fact, watch the YouTube videos where Tim Donaghy is breaking down some of the calls that went in the Heat's favor.