Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 1 - Belfry 0
Final from StoneCrest...
Adam Crisp starts on the mound and throws 5, Adam Griffith starts the 6th and finishes for the Blackcats
Jared Masters goes the distance for the Pirates
606sportsfan Wrote:Final from StoneCrest...
Adam Crisp starts on the mound and throws 5, Adam Griffith starts the 6th and finishes for the Blackcats
Jared Masters goes the distance for the Pirates
Man oh man them cats just won't lay down. Simpkins how about that guy.Don't know where he sands in the region but he has to be at the top and is definitely a class act!!!!!!!!! Knew he had this caliber of talent when he played.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Man oh man them cats just won't lay down. Simpkins how about that guy.Don't know where he sands in the region but he has to be at the top and is definitely a class act!!!!!!!!! Knew he had this caliber of talent when he played.

Agreed.... .A true class act.... Treat your players with respect & you will reap the rewards!!
Very well played, clean game. Great pitching performances all around. Masters was very impressive. Crisp pitched very well for 5 innings, and Griffith pitched his way out of jams in both the 6th and 7th innings.

2 very evenly matched teams, and both games between them this year have been great games.

Best of luck to Belfry in the districts and regional tourney (unless they have to face Pburg again...)
justfacts Wrote:Agreed.... .A true class act.... Treat your players with respect & you will reap the rewards!!

a half-hearted attempt at a slam towards someone from lchs perhaps? trust me, after this past week i have more respect for the lchs coaching staff and players than i have ever before.
lchsalumnus Wrote:a half-hearted attempt at a slam towards someone from lchs perhaps? trust me, after this past week i have more respect for the lchs coaching staff and players than i have ever before.
Get real Alum. Shane Simpkins was an ecellent 3 sport player and is the premier young coach in the 15th region. Just check the team and their stats.20-13 (249 runs scored and 194 given). Their record is very decieving when you think of the schedule they have played. No question toughest in the 15th for 2012. Prestonsburg has not looked away from any opponent.Shane Simpkins may very well end up with the like of Mike Collins, Charlie Adkins and Randy Keaton when the good coaches of the 15th are remembered.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Get real Alum. Shane Simpkins was an ecellent 3 sport player and is the premier young coach in the 15th region. Just check the team and their stats.20-13 (249 runs scored and 194 given). Their record is very decieving when you think of the schedule they have played. No question toughest in the 15th for 2012. Prestonsburg has not looked away from any opponent.Shane Simpkins may very well end up with the like of Mike Collins, Charlie Adkins and Randy Keaton when the good coaches of the 15th are remembered.

I wouldn't agree 100% with that. Another team I can think of took some pretty big bites too. Perhaps close to toughest?:biggrin:

Just funnin, but I agree with what you said of Shane. Stayed at my house amanya time growing up. Once again, alum sticks that big ol' foot in that big ol' big mouth. It wasn't hard to figure out what justfacts was talking about.
I have a statement to be followed by a couple of questions.

Paintsville coupled with Simpkins could be scary.

Will Paintsville try to go after him?

Would Simpkins take the job? (It seems to make sense that he would, but I Know nothing of the situation)
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have a statement to be followed by a couple of questions.

Would Simpkins take the job? (It seems to make sense that he would, but I Know nothing of the situation)

I dont know that he would be better off or not. For a long time PBurg was a gold mine just waiting to be discovered by someone interested and motivated enough to build a program.

Always had great athletes if you could just get them to play baseball..

Now they have:

Good facilities.
Good motivated coach.
Good community support.
And now the good athletes playing.
And importantly......The chance to do it his way.

Now all he needs is a consistant great feeder system and he would have it all.

I'd say he stays where he's at.
Bob Seger Wrote:I dont know that he would be better off or not. For a long time PBurg was a gold mine just waiting to be discovered by someone interested and motivated enough to build a program.

Always had great athletes if you could just get them to play baseball..

Now they have:

Good facilities.
Good motivated coach.
Good community support.
And now the good athletes playing.
And importantly......The chance to do it his way.

Now all he needs is a consistant great feeder system and he would have it all.

I'd say he stays where he's at.
Staying out of the 57th is also good for your health.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Staying out of the 57th is also good for your health.

Ive seen a few coaches blood pressure rise on more than one occasion :HitWall: LOL
lchsalumnus Wrote:a half-hearted attempt at a slam towards someone from lchs perhaps? trust me, after this past week i have more respect for the lchs coaching staff and players than i have ever before.

Excuse me, but where in this entire thread was LCHS mentioned? I must have missed something. FYI I am from LCHS & a fan so I was in no way attempting a "slam" at anyone from LCHS. If my intentions were, as you put it, to "slam" anyone, they would not have been half-hearted. I do not feel the need to use this website as a forum to "slam" anyone. I was simply giving a compliment to someone who deserved it. It is people like you who give the rest of us LCHS fans a bad name. Some of us actually have friends who are associated with other teams. And some of us can even give others credit when it is due. If you truly respect the team & staff, then please, by all means, stop bringing the LCHS name down by "slamming" others.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have a statement to be followed by a couple of questions.

I personally heard coach Simpkins address that possibility with the following statement; "I sold everything I had with Paintsville on it for .25 cents at a yard sale" I beleived he meant it. :biggrin:
justfacts Wrote:Excuse me, but where in this entire thread was LCHS mentioned? I must have missed something. FYI I am from LCHS & a fan so I was in no way attempting a "slam" at anyone from LCHS. If my intentions were, as you put it, to "slam" anyone, they would not have been half-hearted. I do not feel the need to use this website as a forum to "slam" anyone. I was simply giving a compliment to someone who deserved it. It is people like you who give the rest of us LCHS fans a bad name. Some of us actually have friends who are associated with other teams. And some of us can even give others credit when it is due. If you truly respect the team & staff, then please, by all means, stop bringing the LCHS name down by "slamming" others.

i apologize. it has been a difficult week. i was told last week some things were going on inside the team and then heard more about it a few days ago. seems as if some people were trying to bring the team down. i thought, for a moment, that you may be one of those trying. that was my only motive. the coaches made a decision. i cannot imagine how difficult it must have been. yet some people out there do not care other than trying to blame the coaches.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i apologize. it has been a difficult week. i was told last week some things were going on inside the team and then heard more about it a few days ago. seems as if some people were trying to bring the team down. i thought, for a moment, that you may be one of those trying. that was my only motive. the coaches made a decision. i cannot imagine how difficult it must have been. yet some people out there do not care other than trying to blame the coaches.

You must have a bunch of those.
lchsalumnus Wrote:i apologize. it has been a difficult week. i was told last week some things were going on inside the team and then heard more about it a few days ago. seems as if some people were trying to bring the team down. i thought, for a moment, that you may be one of those trying. that was my only motive. the coaches made a decision. i cannot imagine how difficult it must have been. yet some people out there do not care other than trying to blame the coaches.

Apology accepted & I apologize as well. I assumed that you were one of the LCHS fans who gives those that have a friend south of the LC line a hard time. I was completely unaware of the event in which I believe you are referring to. I just called a friend who has a son on the team & was told of the decision but was given no reason as they did not want to discuss it and I did not want to know. In my opinion, this is a team situation that should remain private. I have no details and therefore have no opinion on the matter. Was not privy to any information regarding people who want to bring the team down but in my experience, that kind of stuff happens everywhere you go. One would hope that the LCHS coaching staff would dismiss any rumors or idle gossip & instruct the players to do the same. One could also assume that the LCHS coaching staff would consider the source of any tensions & the motives behind it, as there is never a good motive to cause problems. If the coaches & players want to succeed, then they will not let any outside persons such as parents or fans, have any influence or affect on the team at all. Once that door is opened, then failure is the only option. So hope that we can call a truce and agree to support the Bulldogs.