Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ky. pastor told flock to vote out Obama
TheRealVille Wrote:Law is law. You might want to read up on it. I knew this rule years ago. If they pay taxes, then they can do as they please. Until then, no.

Again I ask. Are you exempt from having to obey laws of this land yourself? You sound pretty hypocritical to be harping on this little "no story" all the while openly stating that you regularly smoke pot.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Nope. Wrong and untrue. I've known the pastor for over 15 years now.... and I've heard him preach against homosexuality for all the years I have known him. I know he will keep preaching against homosexuality and gay marriage for as long as he is alive.

I'm taking Vundy as saying that what's "retarded" is for him to be getting in trouble over this little non issue.
Bob Seger Wrote:Again I ask. Are you exempt from having to obey laws of this land yourself? You sound pretty hypocritical to be harping on this little "no story" all the while openly stating that you regularly smoke pot.
I'm in no way condeming him. He just got caught and that is that. My only point was, is that you all keep saying he didn't know about this law. Any preacher that has been in the pulpit 16 years should know the rules, and I think he did.

Edit: I found the post where I said that. It is a typo, I meant to put used to smoke pot on a regular basis. I take drug tests all the time, some of them are "observed", and I can pass one any day of the week. I did like smoking pot at one time, though. To your hypocritical point, I'm not a christian standing in the pulpit willfully breaking the law.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm in no way condeming him. He just got caught and that is that. My only point was, is that you all keep saying he didn't know about this law. Any preacher that has been in the pulpit 16 years should know the rules, and I think he did.

Edit: I found the post where I said that. It is a typo, I meant to put [B]used to smoke pot on a regular basis. I take drug tests all the time, some of them are "observed", and I can pass one any day of the week. I did like smoking pot at one time, though.[/B] To your hypocritical point, I'm not a christian standing in the pulpit willfully breaking the law.

Thanks for the clarification.
This comment could be a whole different thread...... BUT

Why can muslim's, atheist's, agnostic's, wiccan's...... say whatever they want about whatever topic they choose and never come "under fire" from a watchdog group. Now I know the easy answer is most people are gonna use is... "Because they are not tax exempt." I'm not 100% sure, but I don't know if these other religious groups are tax exempt or not, but I'm sure somebody will read this post, quote me and say that.

But a preacher who preaches the word of God like it is supposed to be preached gains national media attention. It didn't matter what politician said they supported gay marriage, I know for a fact that my pastor (the person this thread is about) would stand up and preach against them. And not just him, but thousands of other pastors and preacher across the country would do the same thing. Cause they are doing what the word of God says. Preach the Bible as it is supposed to be so that others can be guided in the word's teachings.

I guess they are gonna start taking away tax license for people who put up Christmas or Easter displays in their businesses.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm in no way condeming him. He just got caught and that is that. My only point was, is that you all keep saying he didn't know about this law. Any preacher that has been in the pulpit 16 years should know the rules, and I think he did.

Edit: I found the post where I said that. It is a typo, I meant to put used to smoke pot on a regular basis. I take drug tests all the time, some of them are "observed", and I can pass one any day of the week. I did like smoking pot at one time, though. To your hypocritical point, I'm not a christian standing in the pulpit willfully breaking the law.

Of course the preacher knew what he was doing and that it was in violation of a rarely enforced law. Liberal preachers, particularly those who are deemed as "people of color" do this on a regular basis and it will be more and more regular as we get nearer to the election.

No one ever applies the law to Sharpton, Jackson, or all the various and sundry Baptist preachers of color and AME preachers who operate all over the country. To do so would be to be called a "racist" and we all know that Holder is not a racist (at least not in that scenerio).

The law should be applied equally to all of them-red, brown, yellow, black, or white. But we all know that , if applied, it will only be applied on the latter group. And that is the truth.
truth Wrote:of course the preacher knew what he was doing and that it was in violation of a rarely enforced law. Liberal preachers, particularly those who are deemed as "people of color" do this on a regular basis and it will be more and more regular as we get nearer to the election.

No one ever applies the law to sharpton, jackson, or all the various and sundry baptist preachers of color and ame preachers who operate all over the country. To do so would be to be called a "racist" and we all know that holder is not a racist (at least not in that scenerio).

The law should be applied equally to all of them-red, brown, yellow, black, or white. But we all know that , if applied, it will only be applied on the latter group. And that is the truth.

Amen.... Preach on son!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Amen.... Preach on son!

Thank you, Pulp Fiction. Our country and our way of life will survive if, and only if, we start telling the truth regardless of whose toes are trampled and whose political correctness is offended.