Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 115 - Celtics 111 (OT) (Game 2)
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol i went back and watched the video and there was 2 refs that had a 100% correct view at the play.

Doesn't matter.

The paint belongs to the official on the baseline...
if he calls something and another ref got a better view he could have been overruled...
but if he doesn't make the call they wouldn't have a chance to have input.

Each of those officials has a partition on the court that they are accountable for - and even though they have a clear look at the ball - it isn't the duty of the other two refs to be staring at the ball. There are ten players, a handful of coaches, and two benches full of people that all have the ability to commit a violation of some sort during the duration of the game - all three refs are not looking where the ball is at 100% of the time (contrary to popular belief)

Every once in a while you'll see a ref make a call he isn't in position for - but you'll see him get worked by another official because he wasn't observing the action in his area properly.
Patch Wrote:Yeah, James shoots nearly as many free throws as the whole Boston team by himself. And has only two fouls called on him in nearly 48 minutes of playing time. So obvious that Stern wants the Heat in the finals.

What a stupid statement. Yeah, its all rigged. Ridiculous. Sounds like you are whinning about Lebron and the Heat.
Stern got what he wanted, seems obvious to me and I doubt I am the only one that feels this way.
^ nah, Stern didn't want this
I think he wants a clear cut "number one" in the league like he had with Jordan, and by Lebron getting a title, and a very good chance at more with the Celtics getting older and the Bulls seemingly always fighting with some injury to a major player, he feels he has that figurehead again in James.
Alot of haters out there. Lebron proved he was the best and the Heat was the best team this past year. Had nothing to do with a conspiracy set forth by David Stern. Stern could care less who wins. The NBA is a cash cow with or without Lebron winning it all.
Heat Return to NBA FINALS!!
As long as there are players getting by with obvious fouls and not getting called for them, then there will always be those, me included, that can only wonder if there are things going on behind the scenes that are not on the up and up. Just my opinion, just like anyone else's.