Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region
The championship is between johnson central and east ridge...I heard Magoffin gave East Ridge all they could handle and would have been a different outcome without some error... A few by the umps I was told...but congrats to A young Magoffin team for making it to the semi finals... And east ridge....I for one would have loved to go watch j.central and Magoffin battle for the championship... It would have been a better game...I don't think east ridge has the pitching like magoffin to battle with them... We will see!!
I'm really disappointed that the 15th Region softball tournament has not received more attention than this. I've had the pleasure of watching every game in this tournament and have seen some outstanding offensive and defensive plays. I know baseball is "next door" and that is interesting, too, but these girls play at a high level. Logan Cline that plays for Johnson Central is the best hitter I've seen this year - baseball or softball! I do think, based on seeing all the games this week, that the two best teams are facing off in the Finals.
To the Magoffin girls great game by a great team. to Sportsnutt and anyone with the same attitude waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If you want to split hairs when MC scored to get back in the game it was on 3 walks and an error. From a home outlook a number of those pitches could have been called strikes and inning over. ER pitcher had to groove to get a strike and paid for it with a 3 run double. Umpires did a good job and benefited no one.Has been a great tourney so far. GO WARRIORS
I was told the mc pitcher hit one and walked one...Not 3....however that is not relevant, i was told she did a great job trying to find the umps erratic strike zoneHow anyway,the umps supposedly missed two critical calls, the ball hit the girl running home while she was in fair territory( umps thought not) and the ball hit another girl while she was running to first base,(the umps thought not) crowd heard it "thump" and the ball even changed direction!! (if you are such a great fan you could probably find out who these girls are and ck them for marks!) They scored 4 runs on these mistakes, there you go... Doesn't sound like they did a good job, I have no dog in this fight as you seem to have, I just hate to see mistakes made that can influence the game...for either team, east ridge is a good ball team, and I wish them luck...and IMHO Magoffin would have made a better championship game because the last time j central played east ridge it was 10-2, j central!! Good luck to both teams, regardless of what either of us think, they are representing the 15th region and I wish the winner best of luck at state.
The girl on 3rd was mine she was a foot in foul ground and running that way [foul] to get away from the ball. There is no way she was in fair ground. the ball did hit her and the MC coaches were trying to get a cheap out. You misunderstood the 3 walks that was ER pitcher and I was pointing out a called strike on several close pitches would have got ER out of the inning with no MC runs being scored instead of the 4 they ended up with that innng.
And the first time they played ER beat JC 3-2 if you care to check the KHSAA scoreboard.
And if you want to get softball techical the difference in the game was MC inability to fiels ER bunt. In one inning 4 bunt hits led to 4 ER runs.
Ok since you are a parent of a east ridge player I now understand your defensiveness...it's over and your team won so good luck.
Thank you and I do hope for a good game as I know JC is very tough.
Oh yea the championship game was good alright.........14 innings good lol. It was a awesome game and even though I am a JCHS fan, east ridge played a fantastic game. My hat is off to them. Their little pitcher deserves some kind of special award or somthing. She pitched 14 innings and very well I might add. Congratulations JCHS and great game east ridge.
My hats off to Both teams, heard it was a great game!! This one will be remembered for a long time!! The best teams in the 15th no question about it!! Good luck at state!
What a great championship game. Its a shame someone had to lose, neither team wanted to give up.
Does anyone know what Yates' pitch count ended up at? Hats off to her 14 innings and she never quit.
Yates pitched well, but hats off to Aly Webb who came in for JC and pitched 7 1/3 innings of no hit softball. East Ridge only had one base runner in the extra innings and she got on by walk. Great game by both teams. Its a classic.