Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 4 Paintsville 1 (15th Region Championship)
OffTheHook Wrote:All I can say is that our's wasn't a complete joke. The right three were chosen and it was chosen by the media. But, I bet you there was more than those threes names on some ballots. They ALL had a Great Tourney!

Paitnsville:
Timmy Sublett - Without his pitching against Pburg. We don't make it. Pitched well against Pikeville, had 2 hits and our only RBI. Had hit and RBI against Belfry. And not much hits the ground when he is in Center, goes and gets the ball. And gives himself up more at the plate (Sac Bunts) than any kid I know.
Colby Burchett - As PT said. He had an outstanding Tourney. Threw a GEM against Belfry and hit the ball well the entire Tourney.
Matt Miller - Lead off man for The Tigers. Reached base safely NINE times during the Tourney! Scored a Run in EVERY game and had hits in EVERY game!

Don't see why anyone would argue theses three.

I didnt know every team had a player on the all regional team or the media selected it. I would be interested to see the total individual stats for all and also who were the media/how many were on the panel. looks like some got a participation award IMO.
TigerBlues Wrote:I didnt know every team had a player on the all regional team or the media selected it. I would be interested to see the total individual stats for all and also who were the media/how many were on the panel. looks like some got a participation award IMO.

From what I was told. All radio and Newspaper people were given ballots to turn in. All teams must have a member on the team. Which I don't agree with. But, that is the way it is. If you wanna see any of our stats. Just ask me. I would be more than happy to show you. Or you could just go see for yourself. With evey game broke down:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pai...l/home.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
[Image: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1...3761_n.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Headin to the bottom of the 7th. Pikeville down 4-2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis