Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreaming of a Superhero (Obama losing support of left?)
When even a die hard Obama supporter like Maureen Dowd starts understanding what a miserable failure of a president he has been, can a landslide election be far behind? I think that we will see Obama do something desperate, like dumping Biden from the ticket before long. No president has ridden the coat tails of a VP candidate to victory before but Obama's options are dwindling fast. His campaign is shedding supporters fast and nobody is likely to jump onto Obama's sinking ship without some awfully powerful inducements. Maybe Obama should not have played the race card on Bill Clinton after all. Confusednicker:

[INDENT]
Quote:[COLOR="Blue"]Dreaming of a Superhero

ON Friday night, the nation’s capital was under a tornado watch. And that was the best thing that happened to the White House all week.

As the president was being slapped by Mitt Romney for being too weak on national security, he was being rapped by a Times editorial for being too aggressive on national security.

A Times article by Jo Becker and Scott Shane revealed that the liberal law professor who campaigned against torture and the Iraq war now personally makes the final decisions on the “kill list,” targets for drone strikes. “A unilateral campaign of death is untenable,” the editorial asserted.

On Thursday, Bill Clinton once more telegraphed that he considers Obama a lightweight who should not have bested his wife. Bluntly contradicting the Obama campaign theme that Romney is a heartless corporate raider, Clinton told CNN that the Republican’s record at Bain was “sterling.”

]Entire column at nytimes.com
[/COLOR]
[/INDENT]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When even a die hard Obama supporter like Maureen Dowd starts understanding what a miserable failure of a president he has been, can a landslide election be far behind? I think that we will see Obama do something desperate, like dumping Biden from the ticket before long. No president has ridden the coat tails of a VP candidate to victory before but Obama's options are dwindling fast. His campaign is shedding supporters fast and nobody is likely to jump onto Obama's sinking ship without some awfully powerful inducements. Maybe Obama should not have played the race card on Bill Clinton after all. Confusednicker:

[INDENT][/INDENT]

On Thursday, Bill Clinton once more telegraphed that he considers Obama a lightweight who should not have bested his wife. Bluntly contradicting the Obama campaign theme that Romney is a heartless corporate raider, Clinton told CNN that the Republican’s record at Bain was “sterling.”

Speaking of which, I have always wondered how the dems manage to keep the wagons circled so tightly. Bill Clinton is a fiscal conservative, which, though I have myriad bones to pick, I must admit I really admire and appreciate the insight he has to that end. At any rate, he is a powerful advocate for the democratic party and a formidable foe to any who he would choose to drop the cross hair on. If Obama continues to get on Clinton's last nerve, Bill could effectively destroy the illusion of credibility BHO has among liberals. He could also really do damage to the party by exposing their inconsistencies.

Putting a novice in office has created havoc for America. The consummate egoist, Obama just decrees what ever his opinion is to be the truth. Case in point, we make war on Libya without going before congress for approval, instead of due process, he just redefined the dictates of the war powers act to allow him to continue without approval as required by long accepted and clearly understood existing law. The Obama White House fires off a 38 page letter to congress built around this excerpted premise; “U.S. operations do not involve sustained fighting or active exchanges of fire with hostile forces, nor do they involve U.S. ground troops.” Still, the White House acknowledged, the operation has cost the Pentagon $716 million in its first two months and will cost unnamed billions before it's all over. You wouldn't put a 10 year old behind the wheel of a corvette, why did we put a community organizer in charge of America's livelihood, treasury, world status (complete with S&P's official credit downgrade), military etc.:yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will this be an extremely close election, or can Romney pull off a big win?