Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2013
Who's everyone's top teams in the Region?
1 - Estill County
2 - Jenkins
3 - Perry County Central
4 - Powell County
5 - Breathitt County
6 - Letcher County Central

3, 4, 5, 6 could be moved around.
I'd have to agree. The region seems to be balanced by the same teams each year, with an occassional surprise (Jackson City this year, Wolfe last Year). I would love to see a mid-season classic with these six teams say played in Jackson, just to let everyone see what the region has to offer and it would probably be a glimpse of what the regional tourney will look like. The fans would love it!
I wish Estill would play more 14th Region Teams instead of the 3 District Opponents and Wolfe. Maybe play Jenkins at a netural location since it's such a long drive from Irvine to Jenkins, maybe at Hazard or some where in there. Breathitt, Hazard/Perry aren't that far away. Breathitt is about an hour, Hazard/Perry about an hour half.
If I was Estill and Jenkins I would only play required district games and that's it. Than I would head west and play. I would try and play west tournaments. I wouldn't play a team in the 14th. Go west and play.
I can understand the "go west" philosophy, you will see better talent and teams. But it would also be nice to know what the region holds. Four or five games only in the region may not hurt or help a team. But, I like to cover all my bases and know what to expect from the regional contenders. Just a thought . . .
i wouldn't underestimate leslie county. when those girls come to play, they are a huge threat.
Perry Central & Leslie should be up there.
If you think they should be up there than hope there working now. All the teams should be practicing now. at least 3-4 times a week.
Leslie is a little team, and they lost last year to perry in the championship. But they have beat perry twice in the championship the past 2 years, when they put there minds into it, they really can play. Just like in all a last year, they almost beat jenkins. They can play when they want too.
Leslie had a lot of bad things happen to them this season. Last year was just not Lc's year. No one sees them as a threat but like you said they were two time district champions until last year. They only lost three seniors last year. They have good, experienced seniors this year and a great freshman class. The future looks bright for them.
Eveyone wants to beat Powell, horrible sportsmanship. Jenkins and Leslie will be good this year. Owsley won't go past first round.
When did Lee County get a new coach?
Estill , letcher central, jenkins, perry central , Powell , brethitt
Lee County didn't get a new coach. They lost one. But its still John Smith.
It was Amber Stacy according to KHSAA past couple seasons but now it just says John Smith.
Who are the underdogs this year that we need to be on the look out for?
No one