Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter to IRS
Dear IRS:

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see that the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2,400) and six hammers (value $1,029), bringing my total remitted to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips Head screw (article from USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each
for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws is enclosed for your convenience.)

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer
Beef Wrote:Dear IRS:

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see that the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2,400) and six hammers (value $1,029), bringing my total remitted to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips Head screw (article from USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each
for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws is enclosed for your convenience.)

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer
Smile I wish it really worked like that!
corndog23 Wrote:Smile I wish it really worked like that!
same here
corndog23 Wrote:Smile I wish it really worked like that!

me 2 ....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Speaking of taxes... I'm waiting until the very last day to e-file. They wouldn't bend over backwards to get money to me if I had a refund coming, so I'm not going to go out of my way to send them money.
ZMG Wrote:Speaking of taxes... I'm waiting until the very last day to e-file. They wouldn't bend over backwards to get money to me if I had a refund coming, so I'm not going to go out of my way to send them money.
file for an extension even!
That might get you some jail time in the federal prison.