Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Won Mr. Basketball?
Just wondering who won the award?
Walt Allan
WOW!!1 lol
Sam Lawson should've won it:Cheerlead
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Its not given out until April 14th.( I think)
golfman42 Wrote:Walt Allan
Never heard of him. Do you have any stats and how far his team went this year.
schs_football Wrote:Never heard of him. Do you have any stats and how far his team went this year.

He played for South Laurel. Won the State Title last year and won the MVP. Got to State this year and was upset in the quarter-finals by Graves Co. hes not the most physically gifted player but his wit and intelligience for the game is what makes him so good, and if he did win it was well deserved
Allan struggled in the state tourney. Don't know if he deserves it after the performance against Graves co.
I thought it would be Aj Slaughter
The Award Has Not Been Given Yet :Thumbs:
I say Allen and Slaughter are the two front runners.
Allan is GREAT!
why do they do it so late
Allen Won.
2000PHS Wrote:Allen Won.

I just heard it announced also, congrats to Walt, Mr. Basketball is a high accomplishment, Now he is given an automatic spot on the roster for the KY-IN All-Star series...again congrats to him.:Thumbs:
thought slaughter would win
Billnz28 Wrote:thought slaughter would win
He(Slaughter) was probabily the best player, I think Allen probabily won it on his personality alone, He's a great Kid and is respected by Players and Coaches alike, don't get me wrong hes a heck of a player, and was who I wanted to win personally but he not the typical Mr Basketball as far a talent goes, I'm sure alot of people would agree.

Good Luck to Walt at Presbyterian College next season.
An Artical from the Presbyterian College website about him being named MR BBall.

http://www.presby.edu/bluehose/Men's_Bas...B_4_14.htm
Congrats Walt! Hes a special guy and is well deserved for this honor
A.J. Slaughter is going to WKU isn't he ?
yep, Slaughter is headed to Western.
I've never heard of this guy.
he is a good player !
Must be.
this is a telling sighn of how small our tallent pool has gotten