Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Lakers preparing to replace Kobe Bryant with LeBron James in 2014?
This is still a ways off...
would SD have to break down and become a Laker fan?

Quote:Thursday brought a whopper to kick off the frenzy: ESPN.com reports that the Los Angeles Lakers are hoping to land James to fill the superstar void that would be created by the anticipated retirement of guard Kobe Bryant, whose current contract also ends in 2014.

http://nba.si.com/2012/10/18/lebron-jame...&eref=sihp
Anywhere LBJ goes you will see SD follow. If he goes to the Lakers, SD will become a Laker fanatic, if he goes to the Bulls, SD will become a Bulls fanatic, he if goes to the Pistons SD will become a Pistons fanatic. SD isn't a fan of teams he is a fan of LBJ
After Kobe retires, I will stay with the Lakers UNLESS they get lebron. Then, I have to hate them. Plain and simple. Ill take my loyalties to OKC or wherever Melo is. I hope to god they get anyone but Lebron. No way lebron comes to LA anyway. He cant live up to the culture and up to the fame of past players. No worries I dont think.

Also despite what Kobe said, and despite his contract running out if he is still averagin 25+ ppg, he will still be playing after 2014. Promise you that.
I saw this story on ESPN today and it would not surprise me at all if they make him a pretty hefty offer. I could care less where he goes because I don't like him but, that would be interesting to see him teamed with Dwight Howard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I'm a Lebron Fan, just like I was a Shaq fan Wink
K_Mac Wrote:After Kobe retires, I will stay with the Lakers UNLESS they get lebron. Then, I have to hate them. Plain and simple. Ill take my loyalties to OKC or wherever Melo is. I hope to god they get anyone but Lebron. No way lebron comes to LA anyway. He cant live up to the culture and up to the fame of past players. No worries I dont think.

Also despite what Kobe said, and despite his contract running out if he is still averagin 25+ ppg, he will still be playing after 2014. Promise you that.

I'm not a humongous Lebron fan either...
but I'm not stupid lol
LeBron will go to whatever team offer's him the most $$$
^ I think he ended up taking a pay cut to go to Miami if I remember correctly.

yahoo reported this today

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...--nba.html
Well yeah if you put him with more superstars like D-Wade, Bosh or others than yeah he'd take a pay cut but if he's by himself then he will go to whatever team offer's him the most $$$
Strikeout King Wrote:Well yeah if you put him with more superstars like D-Wade, Bosh or others than yeah he'd take a pay cut but if he's by himself then he will go to whatever team offer's him the most $$$

There's a possibility he could have Dwight Howard there if he re-signs this season.
Pau could be re-signed for less money because his stock will be down.

But here are some other FA's available in 2014 - based on LBJ's history he may try to recruit one of them.

Kyrie Irving
Ricky Rubio
John Wall
Eric Bledsoe - could be a great cheap PG
Dwyane Wade
Andre Iguodala
Monta Ellis
Carmelo Anthony
Rudy Gay
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Amar'e Stoudemire
Anthony Davis
Zach Randolph
DeMarcus Cousins
Keep in mind that several of those players may re-sign early and not be available after all
zaga_fan Wrote:There's a possibility he could have Dwight Howard there if he re-signs this season.

But here are some other FA's available in 2014 - based on LBJ's history he may try to recruit one of them.

Kyrie Irving
Ricky Rubio
John Wall
Dwyane Wade
Andre Iguodala
Monta Ellis
Carmelo Anthony
Rudy Gay
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Amar'e Stoudemire
Anthony Davis
Zach Randolph
DeMarcus Cousins

Those are all good possibilities if they don't resign with their current teams.
around 65 million bux will be expiring on the Lakers payroll.
30 million of that belongs to Kobe - a max contract in today's NBA is 25 million - Kobe's contract was worked out under the old CBA so he's making bank.

Lebron is playing for 20 million right now. They could legitimately bring in 3 big names to play with Howard if they wanted to.

It isn't completely wild to think that they could bring in Lebron, D-Wade, Dirk and Bledsoe
^ If they bring in those 3 then the Lakers would have several more championships for sure
^ Or - Lebron and D-Wade stay in Miami, where they can sign for MORE money than what they could in LA, and continue to dominate the league just like they have already done! Wink

LA will forever be chasing the Heat!
K_Mac Wrote:After Kobe retires, I will stay with the Lakers UNLESS they get lebron. Then, I have to hate them. Plain and simple. Ill take my loyalties to OKC or wherever Melo is. I hope to god they get anyone but Lebron. No way lebron comes to LA anyway. He cant live up to the culture and up to the fame of past players. No worries I dont think.

I can respect that..
My love goes with Howard..
Glad he's at LA, WOOOO!!
Ricky Rubio can stay right where he's at.
zaga_fan Wrote:There's a possibility he could have Dwight Howard there if he re-signs this season.

Kyrie Irving
Ricky Rubio
John Wall
Dwyane Wade
Andre Iguodala
Monta Ellis
Carmelo Anthony
Rudy Gay
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Amar'e Stoudemire
Anthony Davis
Zach Randolph
DeMarcus Cousins

DmC just got an extension. I believe the extension goes past 2014 but I could be wrong.

Bandwagon fans are the scourge of the earth........
Too early to begin talks on FA's for 2014!!
If Lebron leaves MIA though, they will go back too about 50 fans. Agreed with Stardust, stupid bandwagon fans.
Stardust Wrote:Bandwagon fans are the scourge of the earth........

:hilarious:
Money, money , money , moooneyyy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I highly doubt LBJ leaving Miami, even in 2014.
OffTheHook Wrote:Money, money , money , moooneyyy.

If it's Money, LBJ will have been with Miami long enough for them to offer more money than any other team in the league, so if it's money, there is less than a 0% chance that LBJ leaves. The next stop for LBJ will be when he is in his last year of playing days, when he goes back to Cleveland.