Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Fields in the 15th region ?
eagerbeaver Wrote:We are not crying about the field. The field itself simply needs a little grade work to reduce the safety issues, but the "facility"...no the lack of a facility...is a disgrace. Our concerns are related to safety and fan convience. Seating is limited and the lack of protective barriers on existing bleachers raises a number of liability issues. Restrooms are non-existent. Dugouts which would protect the players from severe weather (lightning, hail, heavy rain)are a true necessity, and the construction of sidewalks to make the field handicap accessible would be nice...etc. East Ridge has the best field and facility, eventhough the infield cover is somewhat thick, Johnson Central and Pikeville are 2 & 3, and Shelby Valley would be fourth.

SV's field is not that bad! If you've watched a game there before then you'd know that the bathrooms are existent, in fact they are in the school which is right beside the field. Yes the dugouts could have solid walls but that really doesn't matter for the simple fact the players play in the rain so what does it matter if they get wet a little bit there. And they don't have baseball or softball games during lightning storms anyway so no need for the dugout to try and protect them. SV has one of the better overall fields in the 15th region.
As far as fields themselves go, SC's field is terrible. I don't know why the decided to move from the park in Warfield (maybe because it isn't regulation distance) but the field in Inez (which happens to be shared with the Little Leaguers as well) is HORRIBLE. There are at least 50 dangerous holes in the outfield and in FACT, one overtook my ankle the other day in a tennisball game... I wasn't very happy.

If you're gonna go by facilities, SV is lacking in Dugout, Restroom, and Concession space, but really, a field is to play on and get the job done, not for sheer comfort.