Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where's george bush 2
?
George Bush follows the example of dignity set by other former presidents. He stays above politics. Clinton, on the other hand, can't survive without the spotlight. Thus, he trolls for Obama about whom he told Ted Kennedy, "That boy would be bringing us coffee a few years ago".

We can conclude that, for Clinton, the need for the limelight exceeds the need to be presidential.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:George Bush follows the example of dignity set by other former presidents. He stays above politics. Clinton, on the other hand, can't survive without the spotlight. Thus, he trolls for Obama about whom he told Ted Kennedy, "That boy would be bringing us coffee a few years ago".

We can conclude that, for Clinton, the need for the limelight exceeds the need to be presidential.
George Bush said he was done with politics after he was finished as President. He has stated that he does not want to deal with national politics on any level.
TheRealVille Wrote:George Bush said he was done with politics after he was finished as President. He has stated that he does not want to deal with national politics on any level.

That is the approach that most former presidents take.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:That is the approach that most former presidents take.
You think Bill might have a stake in this election? Maybe that he is married to Hillary?
TheRealVille Wrote:You think Bill might have a stake in this election? Maybe that he is married to Hillary?

Of course. Clinton has about as much use for Obama as he has for Romney. This is all politics. And, I'll be the first to admit that he is good at politics.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Of course. Clinton has about as much use for Obama as he has for Romney. This is all politics. And, I'll be the first to admit that he is good at politics.

Yeah, likely so. He's a little frayed though if you ask me. His voice is beginning to faulter. His memory seems to be a little suspect too, forgetting his own 'cookie jar' experiences in particular.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Getting molested by a bucking bronco probably?
I respect that President Bush has stayed out of this craziness...

Always been one of my favorite Presidents...despite what the clueless say about Iraq and Afghan.
vundy33 Wrote:I respect that President Bush has stayed out of this craziness...

Always been one of my favorite Presidents...despite what the clueless say about Iraq and Afghan.
After watching the video of him, I gained tons of respect for him and what he had to deal with. But, I had already voted for him twice before I saw it.
So, I guess it is pretty much unanimous, since it's coming from both sides of the isle, that vectors attempt at a "cheap shot" was a major failure.
Bob Seger Wrote:So, I guess it is pretty much unanimous, since it's coming from both sides of the isle, that vectors attempt at a "cheap shot" was a major failure.

not realy got you to reply :thatsfunn
Bush was a good man, stuck in a bad time.

Coming out of a post Clinton era where the economy was somewhat strong, Bush went through more in 8 years than a lot of presidents.

I still believe had 9/11 not happened a year into his run, he would have been one of the best economic presidents of our time, but one thing people, especially Obama lovers tend to forget, was how he led the country during a time where a new enemy weve never dealed with was attacking us. I dont blame him for going to Iraq, I personally believe most others would have as well. And im still a firm believer that there were major weapons of mass destruction there at some point.

Bush's removal of Saddam was needed anyways, and as a president, he will always be seen as a middle of the road, to not so good president, but in my books, i will always see hm as a president that done what he could with what he had, who made major mistakes from a financial standpoint.

In todays political climate, i wouldnt want to have any part of it as well.
I am a consevative democrat no doubt about it. I supported al gore in 2000 and bush in 2004 even though I couldn't vote. I don't think George bush did everything right but you could see it hurt him if things didn't go well for the American people. I wil always treasure him for the way he lead us though 9/11 which I don't think al gore could have done. Thank you president bush for your service.