Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron James
After watching the way he'll go into three people, go over them, and throw one down, I have no doubt that he'll finish his career as the best player in NBA history. He can just do so many things, finds ways to score, and gets his teammates involved.

Objections?????
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
It is to early in his career to say that about him....IMO
BurntTires Wrote:It is to early in his career to say that about him....IMO

I don't think so because he's so talented in every way that if he keeps producing, he'll be the best ever
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
He will go down as the best player to ever play in the NBA !!!
blackcat_student Wrote:He will go down as the best player to ever play in the NBA !!!

I agree, hands down, he's one of the best ever already, and he's only 21
All you have to do is look at the way he drives by veterans, and pulls up over big guys. His defense is good, but could be better. But he is only 21, and just completed his 3rd year. He will be one of the best, if not the best, to put on a NBA jersey.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:All you have to do is look at the way he drives by veterans, and pulls up over big guys. His defense is good, but could be better. But he is only 21, and just completed his 3rd year. He will be one of the best, if not the best, to put on a NBA jersey.

Don't forget about the way that he just jumps over big men and throws one down...... Or the way the veterans lay off him and he just knocks down a jumper in their face......... His D does need work, but that'll come
When he wins 6 championships, let me know....until then, he has the 'potential' to be one of the greatest players, but to say he will be the best to ever play is stretching it.....
noone will be greater then Mr. Micheal Jordan. thats just the way it is. Lebron is good, but he will never be "Jordan" good. nobody will ever be.
Lebron James will be the BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:When he wins 6 championships, let me know....until then, he has the 'potential' to be one of the greatest players, but to say he will be the best to ever play is stretching it.....

Lebron doesn't have the talent that Jordan had, he has Wade, that's pretty much it, Scotty Pippen alone was enough help to be three or four good players
BFritz Wrote:Lebron doesn't have the talent that Jordan had, he has Wade, that's pretty much it, Scotty Pippen alone was enough help to be three or four good players

Last time I checked Wade plays for the Heat. Lebron doesn't have much of a team, that's why he's on his way home and not competing for a championship. What people tend to forget is that Jordan molded Pippen into the player he became. If it wasn't for teams keeping a close eye and double-teaming Jordan, Pippen would've never gotten the looks he did. Not taking away from Pippen, but when you have a Michael Jordan on your team, you tend to not worry as much about role players - which was simply what Pippen was.

Besides that, what kind of talent are you talking about that was enough to lead the Bulls to 6 championships? Bill Cartwright? Luc Longley? John Paxton? Ron Harper? Steve Kerr? Last time I looked up talent, none of these role players were mentioned.....
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Last time I checked Wade plays for the Heat. Lebron doesn't have much of a team, that's why he's on his way home and not competing for a championship. What people tend to forget is that Jordan molded Pippen into the player he became. If it wasn't for teams keeping a close eye and double-teaming Jordan, Pippen would've never gotten the looks he did. Not taking away from Pippen, but when you have a Michael Jordan on your team, you tend to not worry as much about role players - which was simply what Pippen was.

Besides that, what kind of talent are you talking about that was enough to lead the Bulls to 6 championships? Bill Cartwright? Luc Longley? John Paxton? Ron Harper? Steve Kerr? Last time I looked up talent, none of these role players were mentioned.....

I knew Wade played for the Heat........ brain slip........ I didn't mention any of those players, but I definitely thought about all of them and was going to mention them, even Rodman was a good role player because of his defense and rebounding
Hes going to be a great talent in the years to come. All of us are going to witness great things in the future---from the future. We are all witnesses!
there will be no way james will be better than jordan.
baseballfan Wrote:there will be no way james will be better than jordan.

James is making better moves than Jordan, he's going to be more talented (assuming he keeps improving), and I think he'll be just as clutch as Jordan, but that's the only thing you can argue that Lebron won't be as good, but I think he will be
BFritz Wrote:James is making better moves than Jordan, he's going to be more talented (assuming he keeps improving), and I think he'll be just as clutch as Jordan, but that's the only thing you can argue that Lebron won't be as good, but I think he will be

Your argument is very weak. Your comparing a player who is 21 years of age to a player who is labeled in a huge favor the best player to ever play the game of basketball. Let Lebron's talent run it's course and if he accumulates as much as Jordan done over his career span, I'll agree with you. Until then, he has 6 championships to lead his team to, several league MVP's, 6-time play-off MVP, scoring titles, and defensive POY titles to accomplish.
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Your argument is very weak. Your comparing a player who is 21 years of age to a player who is labeled in a huge favor the best player to ever play the game of basketball. Let Lebron's talent run it's course and if he accumulates as much as Jordan done over his career span, I'll agree with you. Until then, he has 6 championships to lead his team to, several league MVP's, 6-time play-off MVP, scoring titles, and defensive POY titles to accomplish.

I've said he will be as good as Jordan, or better, I didn't say he is better at the moment. Lebron averaged more PPG in 2 of his first 3 years in the NBA compared to Jordan; more assists all 3 years; and more rebounds all three years. Jordan also had more talent/help

Lebron is on pace to be better than Jordan
And, you have to take into account the fact that the NBA is more athletic now and harder to score on and play with than it was with Jordan
BFritz Wrote:And, you have to take into account the fact that the NBA is more athletic now and harder to score on and play with than it was with Jordan

As far as athleticism, there are many more athletic players in today's game. But, do you honestly think Steve Nash is equivalent to players such as Magic Johnson or Isiah Thomas? Ben Wallace to a David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, or Hakeem Olajuwon? Dominque Wilkins? Karl Malone? Larry Bird? Charles Barkley? These players are among many of the top 50 best players to ever play in the NBA, which were all players during Jordan's reign. So to say Jordan played during a less competitive atmosphere is absurd.
lebron is a great player and has unbelievable aount of talent. He may go down as the most talented player but until he gets a solid team around to help him win i would not list as the greatest but i would put him at #2, he needs some rings to get to #1 and first he needs some support from his team. kinda like in the nfl dan marino has nearly every passing record, but i would list elway above him because he won 2 superbowls. (i'm not saying elway is the best just using it as an example.)
Are you serious? Luc Longley? He contributed very little to the Bulls winning ways. We all saw how much he did after Jordan left or any member of the Bulls from that team other than Pippen. NONE of them made any significant impact after Jordan left or if they left the Bulls previously. I wonder how many of these guys made it to the All Star game without Jordan? Hmmm I believe Pippen may be the only one and possibly Horace Grant. Yes, Jordan has some solid role players surrounding him but so does LeBron. Drew Gooden is not a shabby player and when Hughes was healthy he can put up about 20 a night. Murrary and Illgauskus(sp.) both are solid role players who can contribute. LeBron is just not at the same maturity level as Jordan yet and to compare him to his Airness is absurd. LeBron may eventually win a few championships but in the way free agency works today I dont think we will ever see him match Jordan's 6. Will he be as good as Jordan? Time will tell. Personally, I say no. Jordan had the college experience LeBron jumped which could hinder him from learning certain elements of the game and I just dont think LeBron has that burning desire like Jordan had. I know he is passionate but no one....I mean NO ONE wanted to win more than Jordan. He gave all he had every game and that is why he is MR. CLUTCH.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Are you serious? Luc Longley? He contributed very little to the Bulls winning ways. We all saw how much he did after Jordan left or any member of the Bulls from that team other than Pippen. NONE of them made any significant impact after Jordan left or if they left the Bulls previously. I wonder how many of these guys made it to the All Star game without Jordan? Hmmm I believe Pippen may be the only one and possibly Horace Grant. Yes, Jordan has some solid role players surrounding him but so does LeBron. Drew Gooden is not a shabby player and when Hughes was healthy he can put up about 20 a night. Murrary and Illgauskus(sp.) both are solid role players who can contribute. LeBron is just not at the same maturity level as Jordan yet and to compare him to his Airness is absurd. LeBron may eventually win a few championships but in the way free agency works today I dont think we will ever see him match Jordan's 6. Will he be as good as Jordan? Time will tell. Personally, I say no. Jordan had the college experience LeBron jumped which could hinder him from learning certain elements of the game and I just dont think LeBron has that burning desire like Jordan had. I know he is passionate but no one....I mean NO ONE wanted to win more than Jordan. He gave all he had every game and that is why he is MR. CLUTCH.

Thank you.....my thoughts exactly.....:thumpsup:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I mean NO ONE wanted to win more than Jordan. He gave all he had every game and that is why he is MR. CLUTCH.

That's a good point, and no one did what they had to do to win like Jordan. I still think that Jordan had more help, Murray's ok, but Ilgauskas isn't anything in my opinion.
And I said that he'll finish his career as the best ever, never said he was now. He definitely needs to make some clutch plays, I highly doubt that they'll be as clutch or as good as Jordan's, but he just needs to make some
Lebron, is the better athlete of the two, but Jordan is the better player easily. Jordan was a very smart player, Lebron is as well, but isn't on Jordan's level. This is the difference as of right now, not the number of rings.
Number of rings is always something looked at when viewing someones career? Think about it. If I mention the greatest player never to have a ring who do you think of? Karl Malone. Rings DO MATTER. This game is all about winning. Jordan is the smarter of the two I agree and I believe college experience factors into that. This is the difference between the two: down one point at the end of the game Jordan takes the shot, LeBron passes it. He isnt ready to step up to the level of phenom yet. And until he does, he should not be classified anywhere near his Airness.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Number of rings is always something looked at when viewing someones career? Think about it. If I mention the greatest player never to have a ring who do you think of? Karl Malone. Rings DO MATTER. This game is all about winning. Jordan is the smarter of the two I agree and I believe college experience factors into that. This is the difference between the two: down one point at the end of the game Jordan takes the shot, LeBron passes it. He isnt ready to step up to the level of phenom yet. And until he does, he should not be classified anywhere near his Airness.

Give Lebron time, he's still young, he will be the best ever
supa_carrot Wrote:Lebron, is the better athlete of the two, but Jordan is the better player easily. Jordan was a very smart player, Lebron is as well, but isn't on Jordan's level. This is the difference as of right now, not the number of rings.

True, but you gotta figure Lebron still has many years, but Lebron still has time