Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall offered by Tennessee
citykat Wrote:Like I said its great for the kid. Good to hear that he is a good kid and has family support......just wonderin,,,is he a UK fan?

He told me last year that a UK offer would be "hard to say no to."
kai Wrote:All the praise is well deserved for Mr. Hall. In my opinion, only thing limiting Mr. Hall ability is his lack of an outside shot. Maybe they can correct that at next level, if so sky the limit. However, until he develops an outside shot his jumping ability only take him so far. I believe this is what different with him and Willis, not saying Willis is UK material.

I will preface this by saying I have only seen him play three times, but again the resemblance to Darius Millers high school game at Mason County is striking. The kid worked hard in the games I saw and has great elevation on his jump shot. I would think that he could develop the outside jumper (maybe he has it and just doesnt need to take it on his team?).

Anyways, it was fun watching his team play in the Fast Lane Classic. I love to watch a group of kids that seem to like to play together and play hard.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Are you kidding? You would say that Wiltjer, Polson and Vargas from last year are on a different level physically and athletically? Than who? For one Wiltjer isn't anymore athletic than an 8th grade offensive lineman. Something else I would like to point out is that Elisha Justice as a Junior in high school was better than Polson will be at the end of his senior year. Just because you grow up in poor Ol' eastern Kentucky playing against the least amount of talent in the state, it doesn't mean you cant be a good D-1 player at the mighty University of Kentucky. This is great for the kid. He is rated as a 4* player by espn. I would venture to say that they may be better scouts than us and He has 4 more stars beside his name than all of the posters on here combined. Congrats young man.

Vargas and Polson? No but they never saw the floor last year and Polson will barely see the floor anymore this year now that Harrow is back. They were/are little more than practice players, if that is what Hall wants to do in college then I guess he could "play" for UK.

Wiltjer has an elite offensive skill set that Hall nor Willis has. Athletically he may not be superior to them but they don't have the shooting ability or low post game that he has.

Yes the kid is a four star but that doesn't necessarily mean he can play at UK. Hood was a higher ranked four star and he rides the pine, Stacey Poole was a higher ranked four star. Eloy Vargas that you mentioned above was a five star recruit when he originally committed to Florida out of high school.

Congrats to the kid on his accomplishments and his rating but he is not the type of player that can play a big role at UK. Not sure why so many on here take that as an insult to the kid and think they have to defend him because of it.
Way to early for KY to offer him

There's many options out there for KY, including top 15 recruits. Also, with this year not going as planned THUS far, some could be staying longer than planned, like Wiltjer. I'm sure Cal is more worried with the top players in the class atm. Don't want to occupy a spot, aka Willis, and not have room for a top talent.

When we got Miller, KY wasn't reeling in players such as Karl Towns JR. Big difference.
Congrats Shane! I have only got to see him play live once and that was during a summer ball game where I was on the bench, impressive as I have seen in eky. I can't wait to see how many more he gets offered and who those schools will be.
The kid can dunk the crap outta the ball i agree but he cant shoot outside of the paint and if youre physical with him he wont even go in the paint hes an incredible ath for sure but i dont think he can play at uk. could he walk on at UK yes he could. And the comparison to Jon Hood is funny, hood can flat out shoot he had 40 in a fastlane classic game i just dont think Cal give him the opportunity to do so.
Jon Hood is a guard where Shane is more of a forward. Anyway, Hall can shoot even the 3, I've seen him make several. He just doesn't need to at all on his team at Johnson Central.

"he cant shoot outside of the paint" (IntheZone)

You can't really say that when you've probably never seen him attempt many outside shots. I've been to all of Hall's games this year and a lot last year, most of his shots are through contact, he doesn't really get the call though because I guess the referees don't see it. Hall is a very physical player. smh.. quit hating on Hall, it's only because you're from Sheldon Clark.
Tailback44 Wrote:I have heard so much bout this kid but I have never got the opportunity to watch him play. Now that I am laid off I might get to the chance to get out and watch him play this upcoming season.congrats Mr. Hall

You definitely need to watch him then man...won't regret it.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I am sure you was rooting against the cats last spring when we cut down the nets in New Orleans right?? What is Polson doing currently?? Get Real, Cal is recruiting the kind of players we need for a championship team. I wish Hall the best and he is a great mountain player, but not a UK type player.

I totally disagree with the statement that Hall is not a UK type of player. His upside is huge, he has the length and the Athletic ability to play any school in the the USA including UK. He is 3 times the athlete that Hood is and he a better athlete right now than Kyle Wilter. I was at SC high school when JC beat HC and Hall was going up and getting rebonds above the white square. I have watched 15th Region basketball since 1980 and I saw Todd May, John Pelphrey, Todd TacKett, Keith Adkins and JR Vanhoose and all were great players but none have the athletic ability that this kid has. His size and basketball skills can all be improved with College coaching and Duke will offer soon.
Stop this madness people. Shane wouldn't play alot at UK unless he improved quite a bit.
Everyone get those blue goggles off. Shane could play at any school in america but just because he is from Kentucky doesn't mean he is obsessed with them like most people on this site. He realizes there are way more places to play and be successful than at UK. His goal is to go in and play and contribute for the WHOLE length of time he is at the school of his choice. Logically he doesn't get the thrill of just being on a roster at a high profile school. He wants to be part of something special and that decision is far from being made. He will do fine wherever that may be. He has had the right guidance around him from his family and coaches. When the time comes rest assured it will be a very thought through process and examined from every angle!!!
vundy33 Wrote:Stop this madness people. Shane wouldn't play alot at UK unless he improved quite a bit.

I saw Derek Willis over at SC too and Shane Hall is 2 times the athlete and player. If he can play at UK then Hall is one and done. Willis couldn't throw one is the ocean even in warm ups and he has a bad attitude to go alone with it PLUS he missed a dunk that Hall would have threw down with ease. Lets not forget Josh Harrellson, it didn't look like he could play at UK either. Some of you guys on here think basketball today is the same as it was in the 80's. D-1 coachs are looking for athletes that have a upside, whos' basketball skills can be improved with good coaching. Have you guys watched UK play this year???
If Josh Harrellson can go to UK and end up in the NBA, I'd sure hope Hall could. I don't understand why so many people are hating on Hall for, Hall is a lot better than Willis and Willlis is going to UK. I agree with the statement if Willis is good enough to play at UK, Hall is good enough to be one and done.

How do we know Hall even wants to go to UK? It's not the only team out there.

Don't listen to these haters Shane!!! Keep working hard and keep improving like you have been! You've improved a lot and you're only going to get better Smile

By the way, I've seen Shane shoot the outside shot, he can shoot it good, he just doesn't have to on his team because he gets his way inside. Why would he start shooting 3's when he is an absolute dominance inside? He can shoot, just because he doesn't does not mean he can't.
answer this
shane hall is a 4 star recruit because............
bhsuknow92 Wrote:answer this
shane hall is a 4 star recruit because............

Shane Hall is 4 star recruit because he needs to add muscle. If he was 235lbs he would be a 5 star recruit. The state of Kentucky produces very few 5 star recruits. Jon Hood, who was Mr Basketball was a 4 star recruit.
UKwildcats27 Wrote:If Josh Harrellson can go to UK and end up in the NBA, I'd sure hope Hall could. I don't understand why so many people are hating on Hall for, Hall is a lot better than Willis and Willlis is going to UK. I agree with the statement if Willis is good enough to play at UK, Hall is good enough to be one and done.

How do we know Hall even wants to go to UK? It's not the only team out there.

Don't listen to these haters Shane!!! Keep working hard and keep improving like you have been! You've improved a lot and you're only going to get better Smile

By the way, I've seen Shane shoot the outside shot, he can shoot it good, he just doesn't have to on his team because he gets his way inside. Why would he start shooting 3's when he is an absolute dominance inside? He can shoot, just because he doesn't does not mean he can't.

I agree with you 100%. It is sad fans from this area are jelous. What is sadder is trying to justify the talent of one of their players against Shane.

How many of you who have posted are on Calipari's call list and get calls asking for your advice on who to recruit? Cal is looking first and foremost for atletic ability, he can develop the other skills. I am a UK fan, but Shane does not have to play at UK to be sucessful at the D-1 level. I hope he does.

Yes keep working hard Shane and use this mindless critism from know nothings to drive you to the next level and beyond. You have the ability few kids your age have, work hard and make us Mountain Fans proud!
I am in support of Shane going for the best offer available. The UK fanbase should not expect for Cal to come calling until very late in the process. Much like the Elisha Justice situation, Cal will extent the invite late. In all honesty I feel that Shane will take the first big opportunity. UT is close to that type of program. Cal/UK will fill out the rest of the roster according to the high end talent that this class will produce. Only after filling the roster with that kind of talent would Cal come calling for another mid-4 star talent from KY after doing it the year before (i.e. Willis). I am proud of Shane for working hard and getting this offer and I truly believe that he should go ahead and take an opportunity like this, instead of waiting for that call from KY.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shane doesn't need to accept the offer from UT right away. He still has this year and next school year before he decides. Who knows what teams will be calling.