Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What EKY team is going to state this year !
PantherPride68 Wrote:What, you dont think P-burg can beat Pikeville anymore so youre going with Paintsville LOL!

No Prestonsburg and Pikeville will be an all out was this year ! By the way they played each other in the past two years it will be a barn burner !
Well after a long leave of absence, Im making my return....
It is amazing the intelligent remarks made on this thread. But, in respect to teams from the mountains making to state, I believe you have to look at Russell and Belfry. Both have quality teams year in and year out and have great systems to make sure they produce good teams every year. Most of Belfry's offensive line is returing I believe so Id watch out. In regards to single A, Pikeville I believe has a fairly good chance of winning region and possibly making it to state. Yes, they did lose some very key skill players and a few great lineman, but the defense will still be solid returing many of the starters. Offensively, they will have plenty of skilled athletes in the backfield with a level-headed quarterback leading the way. They are thin at reciever positions, but Pikeville is primarily a run-first kind of team. Offensive line will be the biggest question for them, but Im expecting them to have a fairly solid one despite losing starters. I dont see Paintsville being able to compete with Pikeville this year due to the shear fact of how many players Paintsville lost. Im not saying that in a few years Paintsville wont be back challenging Pikeville again for district, but I see this year as one for rebuilding for them. Also, I look to Somerset to make some impact from the mountains. They return their outstanding quarterback and one of their primary recievers. I dont know much of what else they have returning if anyone could inform me of that but I still believe they will do well. I see Pikeville and Somerset battling for the Region title. That being said, I personally dont think any mountain team in single A can compete with the powerhouses up north like NCC or Beechwood.
pikeville
BelfryJustice Wrote:Belfry will be a force to deal with this year. I do look for Pikeville to be an improved team this year on a mission. Look for Russell to be in the hunt. They love the taste of what they got last year. JC will make a lot of team turn their heads this year also. It should be a great year for Eastern Kentucky Football.

I agree. I think the mountain representatives this year will be Belfry, Johnson Central & possibly Pikeville if they can get past NCC or Beechwood which is nearly impossible to do....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I agree. I think the mountain representatives this year will be Belfry, Johnson Central & possibly Pikeville if they can get past NCC or Beechwood which is nearly impossible to do....

Belfry can do it and have proved it in the past...JCHS and Pikeville on the other hand have to go through lets see Highlands,Lex. Cath, or maybe Cov. Cath. and Pikeville has to go through umm lets see NCC, LCA, or Beechwood!!! Anything is possible but I don't believe this is at the moment!!! And you all forget about Rock and Bell from the mountains!!!