Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating this year
Didn't get to see East Carter's first 3 games at Lexington this week but I saw today's. The 3 guys working the game were a joke!!! Calling it tighter!!! The first half was almost a wrestling match and 2-3 people almost got hurt, elbows swinging and nothing called, might as well throw away the new rules!!!
This thread proves my point very nicely. You have some complaining about to many fouls and then you have some complaining not enough being called. Here is the bottom line go to http://www.khsaa.org and everyone on here become an official. This way when we complain about the refs we can only be complaining about OURSELVES.... Have a very blessed CHRISTmas.
I can only speak for primarily the 13th region and bordering regions. The problem I have witnessed (and I officiated in my younger days, high school and the old kiac) is consistency within the game and bias among officials. I am witnessing more and more officiating that differs through out the game. I'm not talking about half time adjustments but a player get drilled on one end and a hand check called on the other. I also witnessed at a game last week where a coach cussed an official which should have been a automatic T, and then give a technical to the other coach when he asked for an explanation on what part of the body the foul he called was on. The bottom line is some kind of supervising authority (not the assigner) needs to be instated. I know the coach can scratch but that is not enough to make the official feel the pressure to do his job to the best of his ability. Unfortunately most officials are working hard but all it takes is one bad one to ruin a crew.
I totally agree with your statement Olred.