Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region all A
It might not mean anything to the coach, but it means alot to the Hazard boys and the school.
zaga_fan Wrote:Al ain't stupid...
but he'll still try to press Cordia.

The WYMT and the All-A mean nothing to Al Holland.
He's not gonna show anyone what he's got until it's do or die.
That's why he kept pressing Perry and that's why he played man-to-man.
I've seen him do it too many times and I've seen him come through in the end too many times.

Watch out for the Bulldogs when it comes tourney time.

KHSAA12 Wrote:I hope he does it will open up easy baskets for Owootoah, King, and Tagaloa. Rhodes and these kids want the All A, but i understand why it wouldnt be as important to Al.

blueandgoldfan Wrote:It might not mean anything to the coach, but it means alot to the Hazard boys and the school.

Al does care about All "A" because he knows that his best chance at a Ring.. Thats all he needs... Al has told me he would really like to win the All A State just once...

Players and Coaches like All "A" but they all understand that you can't let All "A" define your season... Rupp is the big picture!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I may be second but i believe i will be right.
ekff Wrote:Al does care about All "A" because he knows that his best chance at a Ring.. Thats all he needs... Al has told me he would really like to win the All A State just once...

Players and Coaches like All "A" but they all understand that you can't let All "A" define your season... Rupp is the big picture!

I don't think he does anything special to win it this year when it looks like he is a solid #3 in the Region.

I may be wrong...
I may be wrong...
zaga maybe I just dont understand your point. why would Al not do what he needs to do to win the All A. I know Al is one of the best to coach in this area but who want to have a coach or their kid to play for a coach who isnt going to do what it take to win each game and especially state tournaments. Hazard being a solid #3 team in the 14th to win and go to rupp means what to this tournament? I'm sorry I just dont see your point, al isnt going to try to win the all A because he has legit shot at winning region that makes no sense. I think after this poor showing at the wymt the dawgs win the trip to frankfort
Tailback44 Wrote:zaga maybe I just dont understand your point. why would Al not do what he needs to do to win the All A. I know Al is one of the best to coach in this area but who want to have a coach or their kid to play for a coach who isnt going to do what it take to win each game and especially state tournaments. Hazard being a solid #3 team in the 14th to win and go to rupp means what to this tournament? I'm sorry I just dont see your point, al isnt going to try to win the all A because he has legit shot at winning region that makes no sense. I think after this poor showing at the wymt the dawgs win the trip to frankfort

I'm not saying he won't try to win...
I'm saying that he isn't going to show everything he's got until the postseason.
Just curious, what isn't big Al showing??
KHSAA12 Wrote:Just curious, what isn't big Al showing??

Defensive looks.
Offensive sets.
I heard Hollan played last night in the 4th quarter?? Getting ready for Cordia on Wednesday it looks like. Should be a good one.
Al never shows his entire hand until region. Correct me if i am wrong but I was thinking he had one of his players fake an injury so the other team would think he would not be playing in the game.

This is what i think

Jackson city/Wolfe
Knott/Cordia

Wolfe/Knott

Knott

My logic tells me Knott is to good, but as a fan of Cordia i support my school and i will be there Wednesday night rooting for the lions and if they get a victory I will be at the Knott game. Now I am excited to see the new kids play, they have a very short time to get the on-court chemistry where it needs to be to win the 14th. One thing is for sure, an All A title would shut a lot of people up.
Can't really understand why Knott wants to compete in the All-A. They are obviously the favorite, or at least co-favorite with PCC, for the 14th; and should be aiming for
what they can do in Rupp. And with players back from a Sweet 16 berth last year,
they aren't gaining any tnmt. prep except against inferior competition. Just doesn't seem to be any benefit to it for teams with realistic chances of winning their regions,
unless they are young and haven't been in that position for a few years.
If they can compete in it, why not. If they make it to all a state, the teams there will be good for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Observing Wrote:Can't really understand why Knott wants to compete in the All-A. They are obviously the favorite, or at least co-favorite with PCC, for the 14th; and should be aiming for
what they can do in Rupp. And with players back from a Sweet 16 berth last year,
they aren't gaining any tnmt. prep except against inferior competition. Just doesn't seem to be any benefit to it for teams with realistic chances of winning their regions,
unless they are young and haven't been in that position for a few years.

According to an ALL A Committee member the Knott Co Boys team did not want to play in this but they had to or the other school teams such as girls basketball and Baseball could not play in their respective ALL A tourneys. Its an all or nothing system for all schools that participate .
new guy Wrote:According to an ALL A Committee member the Knott Co Boys team did not want to play in this but they had to or the other school teams such as girls basketball and Baseball could not play in their respective ALL A tourneys. Its an all or nothing system for all schools that participate .

True.
Zaga is correct! I have watch Big Al coach my entire life, he always save certain schemes for the regional tourney. Just the way he is, just a way to try and keep an edge come tourney time. Big Al done it several times at PCC, losing to HHS in season then end up breaking out something new to beat them in region. They might care about the All A but each kid on that bench I know would much rather want to play on Rupp
Crazy Horse Wrote:Zaga is correct! I have watch Big Al coach my entire life, he always save certain schemes for the regional tourney. Just the way he is, just a way to try and keep an edge come tourney time. Big Al done it several times at PCC, losing to HHS in season then end up breaking out something new to beat them in region. They might care about the All A but each kid on that bench I know would much rather want to play on Rupp

If I remember correctly...
the year that Daniel Combs hit "the shot" Hazard beat them three times that year and then got upset in the first round of District.
zaga_fan Wrote:If I remember correctly...
the year that Daniel Combs hit "the shot" Hazard beat them three times that year and then got upset in the first round of District.

I believe you are correct, I was at that game. Easily the best high school game that I have ever been to, nobody really expected PCC to win that game. Wasn't Hazard ranked top 10 or 15 in state that year when this game took place?
^ that was my soph year... We beat perry twice that year and they beat us twice (once in season)... Then my junior year we beat perry by 20 in WYMT and they beat us first round of district
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched the "25 Years of Mountain Sports" video that WYMT made when Milam was there.

When the music stops and it cuts to the final play of that game...

It gives you chills.

*It may make ekff sick
Gives me chills as well, seeing Daniel Combs dribbling down the court and making that shot, see the excitement from the coaches as they run out on the court also. One of the best moment and buzzard beaters you'll ever see in the mountains