Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
77-Year Old man shot in face but more upset over Rock beating Punk
Syracuse, New York’s WSYR-TV has a news report up looking at one of the strangest stories we’ve ever covered here on the site.

Last Wednesday, 77-year-old liquor store owner and baseball coach Thomas Dotterer was shot in the eye during the robbery of his Salina Liquors and Wine store in upstate New York. Dotterer was hospitalized in critical condition and underwent surgery on his eye while in the hospital.

He was released from the hospital on Monday and was amazingly back at work on Tuesda afternoon. Dotterer told WSYR-TV, “Every day is great.

Every day is great because every day I have an opportunity to meet new individuals and broaden my appreciation of what God has given us all to enjoy.”

Thomas says he used to be a “gloomy pessimist,” an outlook on life that’s changed over time and helped in his recovery.

“All things happen for a reason that preclude, maybe, present

understanding, but you deal with the cards that you have dealt,” he said.

After this traumatic brush with death, you would think that getting shot in the eye would be the worst thing that happened to him in the past week. According to Dotterer, he’s actually more upset that CM Punk’s 434 day WWE Championship reign ended at Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view:

“That’s the worst thing that happened to me all week, the Rock beat Punk. Did you know that?”

http://www.sescoops.com/77-year-man-shot...ting-punk/