Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 50 - Hazard 42
commodorecreeker Wrote:My comment about Coach Holland and the rumor was going around before last nights game. Why would you want to get rid of the best coach in the region. He is in A bad situation at HHS in my opinion. Has to play to many kids to keep the rich daddies happy. He could go to LCC and have A regional contendor year in and year out. I would bet the farm that if he had been on Letchers bench last night that they woulldn't have gotten drilled by 30.

I agree but I heard that if perry central parts way with spurlock that he would be back at perry.
[Q UOTE=We Bleed Blue;1588272]I find that post quite offensive, to me personally , my son and his teammates. How rude!!! I guess you have no kids, nor any heart or humanity!!! These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!! Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!![/QUOTE]

If you think that was something you should have stayed around and saw the number of people [gladhanding] him after the game.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
We Bleed Blue Wrote:These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!!Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!!

Give me a break. Such petty comments.

Congrats Commodores, the better team won. End of story.
Brian Cook cheating for Perry Central...

LoL
The best team won tonight...
and that's all there was to it.

It sucks that the best coach in the region won't be competing in the tourney this year - but it is what it is.

From what I hear we won't have to worry about this draw much longer.

Perry opened up the game and really kept their foot on the pedal until halftime. Dalton picked up his third foul early in the third and had to leave. Bulldogs switched to a zone and chipped into the lead but Perry hit shots when they needed them. I hate it when teams don't press, but I think Al realized that he wasn't going to be able to press Braxton and that's why he didn't pull it out until it was his only shot. The first couple of times they tried it Braxton got all the way through it without passing, one time he made it all the way to the rim. The zone defense and Perry with only one big man is what kept Hazard in it - but they could never get the lead under 5.

Hazard tried to get Hudson going early and I think it ended up costing them. If I counted correctly he missed his first 6 shots, but you gotta respect Hazard's attempt to take it into the teeth of that Commodore front line. Hazard was really physical with the Perry big men off of the ball and they did the same with Braxton. I think Hollan waited too long to get aggressive. When the second half started he was a different player.

The Commodores never trailed.
I thought it was a great game. I was so happy that both teams didnt try to kill each other. The fans were just being fans and didnt act stupid. Hopefully we can start playing each other again on a regular basis, in all sports.

Big Al done a great job coaching last night, they just couldnt make shots.
Spurlock done a great job coaching. Thing I love about this years Perry Central team is that the kids seem like they are having fun playing. Seems like they love playing together and are more about the TEAM first. Its not WORK any more.

Good luck Commodores the rest of the way and to the Hazard kids, Olinger and Whitaker I will miss watching you guys play. Wont be the same without you two guys out there. Good luck to you both in college.
I also liked the half-court trap that Perry ran at the end of the first half.

I hadn't seen that from them this year.
Zaga,
That was the patented Heston Beverly X Defense that Spurlock ran. Best Defense of all time. Hahahaha
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Zaga,
That was the patented Heston Beverly X Defense that Spurlock ran. Best Defense of all time. Hahahaha

LoL
Congrats Dores!
Would be happy to see him in red and black again. Never did look right in that old gold and blue!! LOL
We Bleed Blue Wrote:I find that post quite offensive, to me personally , my son and his teammates. How rude!!! I guess you have no kids, nor any heart or humanity!!! These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!! Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!!

Sorry if I offended you. I myself didnt think it was very offensive. I truly thought the refs let them play on both ends of the floor and I think thats a good thing. I never once said the kids didnt play hard and I said congrats to both teams. No disrespect, but its ppl like you that keep this great rivalary from coming back. These kids lose a ton of money that they could use for bigger bball trips. I thought the kids played hard and show a lot of respect towards each other. Just a good hard fought game!!! Nothing more!!
Were ever Big Al is I will always have to be a fan of him weather hes at Hazard Letcher or werever. He has been a friend for a long time he may be at Hazard next year he may not who knows he may be back at Perry but were ever he is all Perry Central fans has to have a little bit of feelings for him even at Hazard He won 6 regional titles at Perry and 2 at M.C.Napier. If they offered at Perry do you think he would turn it down. Im just saying if they offered and Spurlock was to leave this is just saying what do you think??? But you have to give him credit hes won more regional titles at Perry and M.C.Napier than all the coaches put togather in the region.
Who Ref last night I was out of town
and only got speradic signal.
ah boys...
Mike Melton, Brian Cook, and forgot the other one.
To all of the Bulldog fans out there

[YOUTUBE="WSYB"]?v=zDKO6XYXioc[/YOUTUBE]
We Bleed Blue Wrote:I find that post quite offensive, to me personally , my son and his teammates. How rude!!! I guess you have no kids, nor any heart or humanity!!! These kids played their hearts out, today it was great officiating, laughable!!! Brian Cook and Mike Melton both made A BIG point if glad handing the old man' aka, punkin, at the beginning o the game, so don't even go there, I'll bring you video!!! All ill say is gooooooooo PATS!!!

For what it's worth I distinctly remember Punkin sitting on the Hazard side in the region after Perry lost in the district. During Hazard's game with KCC. Just saying.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Lets just all be friends!! Coach Spurlock has done A great job this year. The kids act like they are really having fun and we are winning, what else could we want. He would probably still been at Hazard if it hadn't been for A select few. Hazard was lucky to get A quality coach like they have.
Coach SPurlock is lucky to have brought Johnson to PCC bc that is why he got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that b. beverly said if pcc did not get him another good player that he was gone!!! and when johnson is done PCC will not see b. beverly play in a pcc jersey !!! sorry but not talent coming up !!! True Story !!!