Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA selective favoritism.
The NBA fines the spurs but not the heat for resting starters. Hmmm
Good call.
[COLOR="Red"]You don't fine the Greatest Team in Basketball History. You let them do whatever they want and you thank them for gracing you with their greatness whenever they choose to do so!

Hail to the King![/COLOR]

[Image: http://ivoryraybans.files.wordpress.com/...poster.jpg]
It looks bad...

but is there a difference in flying your starters back home in the middle of a road trip during the first of the season and resting them once you've locked up everything you can in the playoffs?

Were the Heat stars in the building?

I've been busy all weekend so I've not watched any ball...

but I remember that Stern was pissed over the Spurs because they were not in attendance so the fans couldn't see them, ask for autographs or talk to the press ON TOP OF not playing.

I don't want to side with the Heat...
but I can see a stark difference in these two situations if in fact the Heat players were on the sidelines.
zaga_fan Wrote:It looks bad...

but is there a difference in flying your starters back home in the middle of a road trip during the first of the season and resting them once you've locked up everything you can in the playoffs?

but I remember that Stern was pissed over the Spurs because they were not in attendance so the fans couldn't see them, ask for autographs or talk to the press ON TOP OF not playing.

but I can see a stark difference in these two situations if in fact the Heat players were on the sidelines.

Also, it is my understanding that these players were listed on the injury report unlike the Spurs.
zaga_fan Wrote:It looks bad...

judgementday Wrote:Also, it is my understanding that these players were listed on the injury report unlike the Spurs.

Yes

&

Yes
and just to clarify...

what is "selective" favoritism? lol
zaga_fan Wrote:and just to clarify...

what is "selective" favoritism? lol
You beat me to the punch, zaga. As I understand it favoritism is always selective. Good call. :ref2:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You beat me to the punch, zaga. As I understand it favoritism is always selective. Good call. :ref2:

Nothing like a good ball-busting for no good reason to get your Monday on track!
A wildcat will be a no 1 pick again