Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6-29-06 Breathitt wins Pikeville Camp Tourney
The Breathitt basketball Bobcats’ new coach, Steve Banks, along with his assistants, Kenneth Neace, Bobby Huff and Mike Salyers have all rolled their sleeves up and gone to work, and it’s showing.

The Bobcats recently attended Pikeville’s camp and tournament and came away the big winner with 16 wins against only two losses, as compared to going 0-16 last year in the same tourney.

Wins came over Paintsville, Belfry and Johnson Central to name a few. With a strong junior class coming back next season, coupled with an incoming freshman class loaded with potential impact players, the basketball Bobcats are ready to get back on track. Returning juniors, Justin Hollan, Travis Smith, Aaron ‘Bull’ Combs and Colby Fugate had a good camp and demonstrated strong leadership.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt should be very competitive this year. I perdict them to win the 55th.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Breathitt basketball Bobcats’ new coach, Steve Banks, along with his assistants, Kenneth Neace, Bobby Huff and Mike Salyers have all rolled their sleeves up and gone to work, and it’s showing.

The Bobcats recently attended Pikeville’s camp and tournament and came away the big winner with 16 wins against only two losses, as compared to going 0-16 last year in the same tourney.

Wins came over Paintsville, Belfry and Johnson Central to name a few. With a strong junior class coming back next season, coupled with an incoming freshman class loaded with potential impact players, the basketball Bobcats are ready to get back on track. Returning juniors, Justin Hollan, Travis Smith, Aaron ‘Bull’ Combs and Colby Fugate had a good camp and demonstrated strong leadership.

Actually, Belfry and Breathitt chose not to play a final game for the championship. So I guess you could call them co-champions!!

Who were the two teams that beat Breathitt?

By the way, there was no way they played 18 games in this team camp. And also they didn't go 0-16 last year. They only play around 8 to 10 games in this camp over the four day period. Quit making stuff up!! Some people on here know the facts!!
bball fan Wrote:Actually, Belfry and Breathitt chose not to play a final game for the championship. So I guess you could call them co-champions!!

Who were the two teams that beat Breathitt?

By the way, there was no way they played 18 games in this team camp. And also they didn't go 0-16 last year. They only play around 8 to 10 games in this camp over the four day period. Quit making stuff up!! Some people on here know the facts!!
This story came from the "Breathitt-County-Voice" newspaper, so if the numbers are incorrect, so be it, I was not there. I just thought the story was intresting. People on here are on here to see what they can say to dis-credit fellow posters anyway, especially if it hits a nerve.

I WAS there. I refereed most of their games. Your info isn't even close so tell the BC Voice to quit printing little white lies, they could get in serious trouble for that. Breathitt Co. only played 2 varsity games per day which would have given them 8 games. Then Belfry and Breathitt decided not to play the Championship game. It wasn't actually a tournament either. They just played in a 3-team pool and the 2 winners from the pools were supposed to meet in a final game. Most teams didn't even play on the final day. I know for sure that Pikeville beat Breathitt but I am not sure about their other loss. So their record in the PC team camp was at best 7-1. But I would say they were no better than 6-2 or 5-3. Sorry to bust your bubble but while they did appear to play better than last year, they were still an average team. Also, you better hope this new coach doesn't have a better record than 50-10 in his first two years or they will probably fire him shortly after that!!
bball fan Wrote:I WAS there. I refereed most of their games. Your info isn't even close so tell the BC Voice to quit printing little white lies, they could get in serious trouble for that. Breathitt Co. only played 2 varsity games per day which would have given them 8 games. Then Belfry and Breathitt decided not to play the Championship game. It wasn't actually a tournament either. They just played in a 3-team pool and the 2 winners from the pools were supposed to meet in a final game. Most teams didn't even play on the final day. I know for sure that Pikeville beat Breathitt but I am not sure about their other loss. So their record in the PC team camp was at best 7-1. But I would say they were no better than 6-2 or 5-3. Sorry to bust your bubble but while they did appear to play better than last year, they were still an average team. Also, you better hope this new coach doesn't have a better record than 50-10 in his first two years or they will probably fire him shortly after that!!
I really do not care if you were there or not. It was your ignorant way of talking to me that made me upset, not the content of your post. Maybe the stats were wrong, maybe not, I do not care, I did not come up with them. If I wanted to be put down for posting I would go back to bluegrasspreps.com and listen to them put down fellow posters.

bball fan Wrote:I WAS there. I refereed most of their games. Your info isn't even close so tell the BC Voice to quit printing little white lies, they could get in serious trouble for that. Breathitt Co. only played 2 varsity games per day which would have given them 8 games. Then Belfry and Breathitt decided not to play the Championship game. It wasn't actually a tournament either. They just played in a 3-team pool and the 2 winners from the pools were supposed to meet in a final game. Most teams didn't even play on the final day. I know for sure that Pikeville beat Breathitt but I am not sure about their other loss. So their record in the PC team camp was at best 7-1. But I would say they were no better than 6-2 or 5-3. Sorry to bust your bubble but while they did appear to play better than last year, they were still an average team. Also, you better hope this new coach doesn't have a better record than 50-10 in his first two years or they will probably fire him shortly after that!!
Oh boo hoo, these are high school athletics that in the big picture of life mean nothing really, so stop taking things so personally and stop making ignorant rants like this one.

I am sorry I offended you but how can you say that HS athletics have nothing to do with life?? You guys had a wonderful young coach who loved Breathitt Co. and even built a brand new home there. He goes 50-10 in his first two years, then has a bad season with a very young team...and gets FIRED!!!!!.........and you say that high school sports has nothing to do with the big picture of life! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!
bball fan Wrote:I am sorry I offended you but how can you say that HS athletics have nothing to do with life?? You guys had a wonderful young coach who loved Breathitt Co. and even built a brand new home there. He goes 50-10 in his first two years, then has a bad season with a very young team...and gets FIRED!!!!!.........and you say that high school sports has nothing to do with the big picture of life! That is hilarious!!!!!!!!
This thread has nothing to do with the change in coaching staff at BHS, there is another thread about that. About offending me, I just saw the story on the BC Voice web site and thought it intresting. I saw your post and found it intresting up to the point where you made it almost a personal attack that I posted it. I stick to my opinion that society is taking sport way too seriously, and that includes Breathitt.

Summer camps are good for keeping the kids in shape, keeping their minds on basketball, and working on new plays/lineups, etc..,but it's very difficult to get a feel for how a team will play in the upcoming season if you use these camps as a predictor.
I've seen too many teams burn everyone's head during summer play, but turn into bottom feeders during the regular season.
However, I do believe Breathitt County will be much improved this year. They would have been regardless of the coaching change. It's called maturity and experience.