Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertarian party
Realville recently asked about the libertarian party. Well here's some info from th eir website. http://www.lp.org STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
We, the members of the Libertarian Party, challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and defend the
rights of the individual.
We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have
the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the
equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose. 1.0 PERSONAL LIBERTY
Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the
consequences of the choices they make. No individual, group, or government may initiate force
against any other individual, group, or government. Our support of an individual's right to make
choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices.

I'm thinking very much about changing my voter regatrastion from republician(realville is right about them more than i would like him to be) to libertarian.
The GOP is dying a slow death. They refuse to nut up and challenge anything they are losing a ton of supporters left and right.
^
To many old ass career politicians in the GOP!
To many nut job liberal radicals in the Dem.

The two party system has screwed the country for so long.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The GOP is dying a slow death. They refuse to nut up and challenge anything they are losing a ton of supporters left and right.

In case you haven't noticed, BOTH parties are already deceased. I can't imagine bragging on either right now. This country is going in the wrong direction and no party is to blame. "We The People" (that vote) owns this mess.

If "we" don't unite and start holding politicians accountable while championing personal responsibility, our grandchildren will never know the great country we once knew.

We are currently a divided country going in opposite directions. I blame no party or individual, I stand at the side of my (voting or non voting) fellow Americans and accept my share of the responsibility.

I am a republican, and to those that actually know what it means, I am conservative. Just as I have nothing to (politically) lean on right now, I feel democrats/liberals don't either...if you think Hillary is a good leaning post, please re-think that.

It may be a while before I go back to the polls but, I vow to never vote for another candidate that hasn't proven his/her statesmanship.
until Ky has open primaries being a Libertarian or Independent is a waste
nky Wrote:until Ky has open primaries being a Libertarian or Independent is a waste
Maybe but the other parties seem like more of a waste right now to me. I know it's not going to change but it would be nice if it did