Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 the Region Brackets
Monday (5-27-2013) Belfry-Allen Central - 11:00 am
Monday (5-27-2013) Pikeville - Sheldon Clark - 1:30
Monday (5-27-2013) Lawrence Co.-Pike Central - 4:00
Monday (5-27-2013) Pburg-Shelby Valley - 6:30

Semi-Finals at 5:30 and 8 PM Tuesday (5-28-2013)
Championship Game @ 6 PM on Thursday (5-30-2013)
ALL games at Belfry H.S.
Will be interesting to see how Pike Central does with Lawson at the helm.
go Pirates
Does anyone know if this game will be broadcasted online,
Does anyone know if theses game are going to be broadcasted on the radio, or on the Internet? Sadly, I have to work and won't be able to attend any of the games.
Complete coverage of the 15th Region Baseball tournament from Belfry beginning Monday at 11am on 93.1 WDHR, Eastern Kentucky's Sports Leader

^Saw this on facebook.
As well as 98.9 WSIP
Any updates on Belfry and Allen Central?
Belfry shut out Allen Central 12-0, Sheldon Clark leading Pikeville 3-0 in the 2nd inning.
Semi finals for Tuesday evening

Belfry vs. Pikeville
Lawrence County vs. Prestonsburg
Sounds like it's going to be a good night of baseball down the road. Wonder who will be on the mound for the Panthers?
TheChief Wrote:Will be interesting to see how Pike Central does with Lawson at the helm.

Question answered. Coach Lawson has done and will do an excellent job at PC. Give him two years and they will be contenders. Teaches fundamentals and wont allow dads in the dugout. He put together a good staff of coaches and will only improve as time goes on. I thought he did a great job in his first year.

One of the top coaches in the region imo.
PC almost pulled off a big upset over Lawrence Co. yesterday.

I thought PC certainly had a fine year under Coach Lawson's 1st year, I see them doing very well sooner than later.
J-Rod Wrote:PC almost pulled off a big upset over Lawrence Co. yesterday.

I thought PC certainly had a fine year under Coach Lawson's 1st year, I see them doing very well sooner than later.

i don't think it would have been that huge of an upset. from what i've read and heard, pike central had a good year and had a dandy lefty who can compete with anyone on the mound. it wasn't like Pikeville losing to sheldon clark with hamilton pitching, which almost happened. that would have been a huge upset. pike central over lawrence this year would just have been a small one. people fail to realize that although lawrence has 4 or 5 seniors, they are freshman and sophomore loaded. the seniors that start, 3 of them didn't get a starting job until this year. all their arms except for the lefty stevens will be back next year. plus their jv/middle school had a wonderful year again this year, with some nice players coming up next year.

from the people i talked to, they said that pike central had a good solid team on the field and the lefty was great. they also said pike central's 3B hit a bomb and a triple and looked like he was very athletic and very good. seems like coach lawson is doing a good job but it wasn't like he had no players or talent. besides, pike central beat lawrence last year in the regular season, didn't they?
I thought anytime LC lost, it was a huge upset lchsalumnus!

Pike Central hasn't won a regional game in years, LC has won three regions recently. By those standards it would have been huge. The lefty is only a soph. And is gonna be a stud. PC only starts 3 seniors and one of them doesn't bat. They start one jr and the rest are sophs and Frosh. Bright years ahead for PC.
Who won the games tonight? Stats for both games please.
Belfry and Pburg play tomorrow. Both games were one run games tonight. Belfry I believe won 6-5 , Pburg won 3-2. Been a close tournament with several come from behind wins.
Regional final will be Thursday at 6.
Belfry will send Zac Fields to the mound.

2013 will be the first time since 2006 that the regional finals haven't featured Pikeville or Lawrence County.