Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 95 Spurs 88 (NBA Finals GM 7)
Stardust Wrote:I almost won the Power Ball, but I didn't.... Winners WIN, Losers LOSE!

LBJ is a Basketball GOD! So, if he decrees that he wants 15 championships, then it shall be done.....
:trolldad: He's got 1 or 2 left in his career IMO, LBJ is a tremendous basketball player I won't disagree with that at all. I really don't think he has the leadership that MJ had in his day though. If he plays like he did in Game 7 though I'll just keep my mouth shut.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
^ Oh, Ok, so it's opinion that is what you have seen on the floor. In my opinion, he's got as many as he wants. He owns the league!

All hail the King....

[Image: http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/555/128/55512851_640.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:There have been rumors since the beginning of the season that the Heat may need to part ways with Bosh. He's making $19M this coming season. No way they can afford to keep all three, so, this is nothing new.

If the Heat does trade him, where do you see him landing?
^ that's the tough thing, who will want his salary! Me, I'd love to see them find a way to make a deal with Charlotte for Anthony Davis. The Heat need a big man presence, but he must be athletic! The Heat get out-rebounded every game - Davis would fill that hole. The Heat need a guy who can run - Davis would fill that spot. The Heat need a Defensive presence in the Paint - again, Davis fits perfectly.
^
Could they even come close to affording Davis?

Interesting thought here....what if they go after Garnett and trade Bosh to the Celts?

Talk about crazy.
CraftCreeker Wrote:It's like everyone has forgot about game 6? You do realize that LBJ and the heat.... ALMOST LOST. I don't know if LBJ can win 6 rings, I think he has maybe another one in him but that's it.

Almost doesnt count in the game of basketball though. Only in Horse shoes, hand grenades, and corn hole does almost count. Lebron led them back in Game 6. Are you forgetting that? Sure he missed a dagger 3 at thhe end of regualtion but that doesnt changet he fact that he had a tremendous game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Aslan Wrote:So I take it Strikeout King and Runitupthegut have completely jumped on the Heat bandwagon. Congrats.
As much as I hated seeing Lebron get #2, its much better than Duncan getting #5, so I'll take it.
No, Lebron don't surpass Jordan. He may surpass Kobe, but MJ was a perfect 6-0 in NBA Finals, winning six straight years that he played. Lebron is only 2-2. Kobe is 5-2.
Lebron will break the scoring record baring injury, then Durant shatters it.
Lebron will be top 15 in boards but thats about it.
Lebron was clutch, awesome, amazing, and I'm glad he won. Any year the Spurs don't win is a good year.

Is this a legitimate argument? All joking aside and not trying to jab and incite any more, but to take a rational look at this argument, is this short sighted?

MJ was 28 when he won his FIRST title! Lebron has now won 2 at the age of 28. MJ could not get to a title series. He was getting pounded in the playoffs by Detroit, better said, MJ was knocked out of the Playoffs in his first five Playoff appearances. The "Choke" term was used as much on MJ as it was on Lebron. MJ could not get over that hurdle until the age of 28, so why should Lebron get knocked for taking two teams to the NBA Finals, thus accomplishing something that MJ could not do? Yes, MJ was perfect in NBA finals once he hit the age of 28. Well, Lebron is perfect in NBA titles once he hit the age of 27, and he should get credit for doing something that MJ could not do when MJ was 27!

James legacy will be build over a career, just like Jordan had built over FIFTEEN years! Isn't it fair to say that it this stage of their careers, Lebron has accomplished more than MJ?
^Its Obvious he has. At age 28: Mj-1title, 1finals mvp, 2Mvps Kobe-3titles, 0finals mvp, 0Mvps Lebron-2titles, 2finals mvps, 4Mvps. Take 10 random people that knows nothing about ball and has no idea who these players are and I guarantee Lbj is picked 10 out of 10 times.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Its Obvious he has. At age 28: Mj-1title, 1finals mvp, 2Mvps Kobe-3titles, 0finals mvp, 0Mvps Lebron-2titles, 2finals mvps, 4Mvps. Take 10 random people that knows nothing about ball and has no idea who these players are and I guarantee Lbj is picked 10 out of 10 times.

Did jordan not play 2 years of college ball?
Stardust Wrote:^ that's the tough thing, who will want his salary! Me, I'd love to see them find a way to make a deal with Charlotte for Anthony Davis. The Heat need a big man presence, but he must be athletic! The Heat get out-rebounded every game - Davis would fill that hole. The Heat need a guy who can run - Davis would fill that spot. The Heat need a Defensive presence in the Paint - again, Davis fits perfectly.

I think Davis would be a huge get for the Heat.
Comparing MJ and Lebron based on age is dumb. Being compared based on # of seasons would provide a more accurate comparison.
Age isn't as good as comparisons as season?? Last time I checked father time is undefeated. Who cares if you play college ball or not. Sorry lebron went through two more 82 game seasons of Grown man ball folks. Both we're 28 at those numbers. Deal with it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Did jordan not play 2 years of college ball?

And still got beatdown in the playoffs until they got pippen. What does playing collegiate ball got to do with what each player had achieved at the same age??
Miami won....
KHSAA12 Wrote:And still got beatdown in the playoffs until they got pippen. What does playing collegiate ball got to do with what each player had achieved at the same age??

Is this a serious question or are you just blind?

One enters the league at 18? One enters at 20? Can we not base it on years in the league?
If you want you can but imo age plays a bigger part because fathertime is undefeated. Take away lbj first two years and what does he lose? Nothing. All his hardware came later in his career. Same with Mike. It would be undeniable that kobe was the best if he had the mvps at that age wouldn't you agree? Does it really matter lebron played 2 extra years at 18 and 19? Fact is age takes you out of this game and lebron has accomplished more then both mj and kobe at age 28.
Stardust Wrote:^ that's the tough thing, who will want his salary! Me, I'd love to see them find a way to make a deal with Charlotte for Anthony Davis. The Heat need a big man presence, but he must be athletic! The Heat get out-rebounded every game - Davis would fill that hole. The Heat need a guy who can run - Davis would fill that spot. The Heat need a Defensive presence in the Paint - again, Davis fits perfectly.

So, does Noel to Charlotte open up my chance to see Davis and Bosh switch teams??????
^ I guess not... Sad