Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Prestonsburg 8/23
football-junkie 01 Wrote:[quote=jetpilot]Frasure won't be the best RB on the field Friday night. That will be Chase Hall of Pikeville. I think to the game will be Prestonsburg's defense. If they don't come out of the gate playing good defense Pikeville will roll up big yardage on them...:popcorn:[/QUOT
I'll take frasure over hall any day of the week. Although, both are from Floyd county. Pikeville is lucky Anderson isn't playing and Marcum is hurt. Could've been a long night for chase hall. As good as prestonsburg's defense looked last Friday, still might be. Go blackcats!

lol!
football-junkie 01 Wrote:[quote=jetpilot]Frasure won't be the best RB on the field Friday night. That will be Chase Hall of Pikeville. I think to the game will be Prestonsburg's defense. If they don't come out of the gate playing good defense Pikeville will roll up big yardage on them...:popcorn:[/QUOT
I'll take frasure over hall any day of the week. Although, both are from Floyd county. Pikeville is lucky Anderson isn't playing and Marcum is hurt. Could've been a long night for chase hall. As good as prestonsburg's defense looked last Friday, still might be. Go blackcats!

Guess we will have to wait and see... Lol 😆
PRIDE101 Wrote:What position did the Anderson kid play? Not really familar with these teams.

Nothing like info for my picks.

Played WR/DB/KR/PR and could line up at QB or RB if needed. He will be missed, but I understand him wanting to focus on baseball.
I will take Brandon Jones over both of the above running backs!!!!!
pork Wrote:I will take Brandon Jones over both of the above running backs!!!!!

Are you having trouble reading or comprehending the thread title?
There will be a Hazard/Pikeville thread next week. I will laugh at you then.
jetpilot Wrote:Are you having trouble reading or comprehending the thread title?
There will be a Hazard/Pikeville thread next week. I will laugh at you then.

No trouble at all !!!!!!! And if you feel the need laugh away !!!! Just make sure it's in front of a mirror laughing at your self !!!!
pork Wrote:I will take Brandon Jones over both of the above running backs!!!!!

Jones is one helluva back!
pork Wrote:I might just make the trip from hazard to watch this game !!!

Stop by and say hi to your old buddies Pork.
Brancher1978 Wrote:Will Frasure have any help in the backfield? How did the Ousley kid look ? He looks about 6 ft and around 200-210lbs.

Yes he will have help. Ousley kid is hard nosed back also.

jetpilot Wrote:Frasure won't be the best RB on the field Friday night. That will be Chase Hall of Pikeville. I think the key to the game will be Prestonsburg's defense. If they don't come out of the gate playing good defense Pikeville will roll up big yardage on them...:popcorn:

Hard to compare the 2 backs. Chase is more agile and has the speed edge. Frasure will run your ass over, and although he doesn't have the speed of Hall, he is deceptively fast for his size.

Don't forget Frasure is only a Sophmore.

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. I will take my Blackcats in a close hard fought game.
If I am able to come over I will !!!!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Stop by and say hi to your old buddies Pork.

Yes he will have help. Ousley kid is hard nosed back also.

Hard to compare the 2 backs. Chase is more agile and has the speed edge. Frasure will run your ass over, and although he doesn't have the speed of Hall, he is deceptively fast for his size.

Don't forget Frasure is only a Sophmore.

Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. I will take my Blackcats in a close hard fought game.

Not hard to compare 1500+ yards to 600. Seriously, I'm sure Frasure can put up some numbers this year. Just going to wait awhile before putting him with the top backs in the mountains, where Hall clearly is. Btw, Chase Hall can run over you too.
Pikeville-26
Prestonsburg-20
Pikeville 36
Prestonsburg 30
jetpilot Wrote:Not hard to compare 1500+ yards to 600. Seriously, I'm sure Frasure can put up some numbers this year. Just going to wait awhile before putting him with the top backs in the mountains, where Hall clearly is. Btw, Chase Hall can run over you too.

I would have to disagree with you. You are comparing Chase who was the focal point of the Panthers run oriented offense to Dalton who was the 3rd option in a pass oriented spread offense. Chase had twice the carries as Dalton.

If you want to compare apples to apples then get Chase's freshman year stats and compare to Daltons.

I will agree that Chase is most definitely one of the best backs in the mountains hands down.

In the next 3 years you will be saying the same about Dalton.

Good luck to both this year on staying injury free.
Anyone know what raid station I can listen to on my iPhone?
Brandon40403 Wrote:Anyone know what raid station I can listen to on my iPhone?

Q95 always carries the games.
Easy win for P-burg
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Q95 always carries the games.

Thanks
Game Day! Football is back! All is right with the world again. Pulling for my Blackcats. Can't wait to see the one shot uniforms.
Pikeville by 6
I know nothing about the back from Prestonsburg. I'm sure he is good. I do know Chase Hall is really good. Good luck to both backs. I'm pulling for the Panthers in this one and as Exciter always says, "Hail Pikeville."
Would someone be kind enough to text me updates on this one?

740-644-5055
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Would someone be kind enough to text me updates on this one?

740-644-5055

I will do my best, but I really get into the games. May be after each quarter, or during time outs.
The keys tonight IMHO:

PBURG:
- TACKLING! Blackcats tackling was attrocious at times last year..Pikeville has very good talent at the skill positions and if you miss a tackle they will exploit it.

- Find Balance. Pikeville is not a dominant defensive team, but they are solid. In recent years it seems when Pburg becomes one dimensional they try to force the issue on whatever is not working. Take what the Panthers give you then once they are forced to make an adjustment go to the well for what previously was not working.

PIKEVILLE:
- Work inside out. If Pikeville can establish Chase Hall early between the tackles it will lead to big gainers outside the tackles later. Pburg is a team with decent quickness, but when they are hurt in the middle they seem to lose a step getting outside.

- Win the Special Teams Battle. I just don't see Pburg having the weapons to simply be significantly better than Pikeville on either side of the ball.. if Pikeville consistently wins the Special Teams game with nice returns, field position, and not leaving point off the board it will be tough for Pburg to find enough big plays to win.
This is my point exactly! No one said anything negative about chase. People were only stating what prestonsburg needed to do to win the game and frasure is an important part of that.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I will do my best, but I really get into the games. May be after each quarter, or during time outs.
Sounds good.
Pikeville wins this one tonight. GO PANTHERS!!!
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Would someone be kind enough to text me updates on this one?

740-644-5055

I can try and give a few updates as well.
Pikeville-30
Pburg-14